NH, Something different!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > NH, Something different!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2014, 11:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 718 Times on 495 Posts
Likes Given: 743

Default NH, Something different!!

Just another foot of snow tonight. Early spring trout fishing will suck again!!

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

dango Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-18-2014, 09:41 PM   #2

Well, we only got an inch out of that nasty storm. Today they where talking 4-6" in 5 hours. After 6.5 hours we have over 15" and it is still coming down hard. Bet this one will be 20" or more. Radar shows it ending at the N.Y. border, about 3-4 hours more.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:22 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
Well, we only got an inch out of that nasty storm. Today they where talking 4-6" in 5 hours. After 6.5 hours we have over 15" and it is still coming down hard. Bet this one will be 20" or more. Radar shows it ending at the N.Y. border, about 3-4 hours more.
It was 80 degrees here today.

I do not know how you guys can stand so much snow and cold weather.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:48 PM   #4

Liked 748 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
It was 80 degrees here today.

I do not know how you guys can stand so much snow and cold weather.
It has been a challenge. At least they are somewhat used to it up North.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:08 PM   #5

Finished up w/ 17". had a quick snow burst today, 2" more. It has been below freezing for 2 weeks, not the norm. When you go to start the car for work and it is -15, that is cold. We had 4 days last week -5 or lower over night. 20 or lower during the day, without the wind. It is 32 right now. Feels like spring. I was just outside shoveling and drinking a beer in a tee shirt. I've only put the heat on a few hours this year. The Jotul 602 has my house at 70 right now. I had to grab my Roof Rake last night that was next to my shed. Snow was well over my knees, I'm 6'3" tall. Just another winter....

Old 02-20-2014, 12:31 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 723 Times on 448 Posts
Likes Given: 1705

Quote:
Finished up w/ 17". had a quick snow burst today, 2" more. It has been below freezing for 2 weeks, not the norm. When you go to start the car for work and it is -15, that is cold. We had 4 days last week -5 or lower over night. 20 or lower during the day, without the wind. It is 32 right now. Feels like spring. I was just outside shoveling and drinking a beer in a tee shirt. I've only put the heat on a few hours this year. The Jotul 602 has my house at 70 right now. I had to grab my Roof Rake last night that was next to my shed. Snow was well over my knees, I'm 6'3" tall. Just another winter....
I've had all the cold I can stand for one winter, got down to 4 above a few weeks ago, w/ windchill was about -10.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
I've had all the cold I can stand for one winter, got down to 4 above a few weeks ago, w/ windchill was about -10.
Now, call my ignorant, but isn't Oklahoma pretty flat?? The wind would be the kicker. When it was -5..-15 a 5mph wind made it brutal here. When it would gust up to 15-20mph, you ran for cover. It was so cold I could not hold on to my steering wheel. I hate driving w/ gloves.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:25 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 723 Times on 448 Posts
Likes Given: 1705

Quote:
Now, call my ignorant, but isn't Oklahoma pretty flat?? The wind would be the kicker. When it was -5..-15 a 5mph wind made it brutal here. When it would gust up to 15-20mph, you ran for cover. It was so cold I could not hold on to my steering wheel. I hate driving w/ gloves.
Much is flat, but this part is pretty hilly. Yeah, the wind can be intense sometimes, and when it's cold out, it cuts through you like a knife.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.