NH, Something different!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > NH, Something different!!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2014, 11:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 5,014
Liked 718 Times on 495 Posts
Likes Given: 743

Default NH, Something different!!

Just another foot of snow tonight. Early spring trout fishing will suck again!!

__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

jpattersonnh is offline  
dango Likes This 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 02-18-2014, 09:41 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 5,014
Liked 718 Times on 495 Posts
Likes Given: 743

Default

Well, we only got an inch out of that nasty storm. Today they where talking 4-6" in 5 hours. After 6.5 hours we have over 15" and it is still coming down hard. Bet this one will be 20" or more. Radar shows it ending at the N.Y. border, about 3-4 hours more.

__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

jpattersonnh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:22 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
Well, we only got an inch out of that nasty storm. Today they where talking 4-6" in 5 hours. After 6.5 hours we have over 15" and it is still coming down hard. Bet this one will be 20" or more. Radar shows it ending at the N.Y. border, about 3-4 hours more.
It was 80 degrees here today.

I do not know how you guys can stand so much snow and cold weather.
__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
buckhuntr Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:48 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buttholeville
Posts: 1,209
Liked 748 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
It was 80 degrees here today.

I do not know how you guys can stand so much snow and cold weather.
It has been a challenge. At least they are somewhat used to it up North.
__________________
nchunt101 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:08 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 5,014
Liked 718 Times on 495 Posts
Likes Given: 743

Default

Finished up w/ 17". had a quick snow burst today, 2" more. It has been below freezing for 2 weeks, not the norm. When you go to start the car for work and it is -15, that is cold. We had 4 days last week -5 or lower over night. 20 or lower during the day, without the wind. It is 32 right now. Feels like spring. I was just outside shoveling and drinking a beer in a tee shirt. I've only put the heat on a few hours this year. The Jotul 602 has my house at 70 right now. I had to grab my Roof Rake last night that was next to my shed. Snow was well over my knees, I'm 6'3" tall. Just another winter....

__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

jpattersonnh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:31 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
buckhuntr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sapulpa,Oklahoma
Posts: 2,016
Liked 723 Times on 448 Posts
Likes Given: 1705

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
Finished up w/ 17". had a quick snow burst today, 2" more. It has been below freezing for 2 weeks, not the norm. When you go to start the car for work and it is -15, that is cold. We had 4 days last week -5 or lower over night. 20 or lower during the day, without the wind. It is 32 right now. Feels like spring. I was just outside shoveling and drinking a beer in a tee shirt. I've only put the heat on a few hours this year. The Jotul 602 has my house at 70 right now. I had to grab my Roof Rake last night that was next to my shed. Snow was well over my knees, I'm 6'3" tall. Just another winter....
I've had all the cold I can stand for one winter, got down to 4 above a few weeks ago, w/ windchill was about -10.
__________________

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

buckhuntr is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:41 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 5,014
Liked 718 Times on 495 Posts
Likes Given: 743

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
I've had all the cold I can stand for one winter, got down to 4 above a few weeks ago, w/ windchill was about -10.
Now, call my ignorant, but isn't Oklahoma pretty flat?? The wind would be the kicker. When it was -5..-15 a 5mph wind made it brutal here. When it would gust up to 15-20mph, you ran for cover. It was so cold I could not hold on to my steering wheel. I hate driving w/ gloves.
__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

jpattersonnh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:25 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
buckhuntr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sapulpa,Oklahoma
Posts: 2,016
Liked 723 Times on 448 Posts
Likes Given: 1705

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
Now, call my ignorant, but isn't Oklahoma pretty flat?? The wind would be the kicker. When it was -5..-15 a 5mph wind made it brutal here. When it would gust up to 15-20mph, you ran for cover. It was so cold I could not hold on to my steering wheel. I hate driving w/ gloves.
Much is flat, but this part is pretty hilly. Yeah, the wind can be intense sometimes, and when it's cold out, it cuts through you like a knife.
__________________

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

buckhuntr is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes