Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > NFL Sunday

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
The best part of that game is that now the RAMS will be in the playoffs by virtue of leading their division and the 9ers will be relegated to a wildcard spot! BAHAHHAHAHA!!
Division records:

Lambs 4-0-1
69ers 2-1-1
Sea Vultures 0-3
AZ Pigeons 1-3

BAHAHAHAHA!!! with only the vultures left on the schedule.

Ummm...HUH???? Rams in the playoffs because of a divisional record???? C'mon man, get it together!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/conferenceRank/order/false

Old 12-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #72

Liked 64 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 327

Go Stillers!! For all you Yinzers out there!

Sig P220 Equinox, Sig P239, Sig P226 Navy (MK25)
Sig P238
Glock 19, Glock 20, Glock 26, Glock 36
Springfield XD 45ACP
S&W M&P 45ACP, S&W M&P Shield 9MM
Kimber Ultra Carry II
Kimber Sapphire Ultra Carry II
Kimber Stainless Pro Raptor II
Kel Tec PF9, Kel Tec P32
Ruger SR9, Ruger SR9C
Remington 887 Nitro Mag Tactical (12g)
Stag Arms AR15 556
Ruger SR556E
SKS Chinese Norinco
Mosin Nagant 91/30 (2)
NRA Member
magnumman Likes This 
Old 12-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #73
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
Ummm...HUH???? Rams in the playoffs because of a divisional record???? C'mon man, get it together!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/conferenceRank/order/false

The way i have always understood the NFL to work is they that win the division get the seat at the table! That is why divisional play is SO important.

Playoffs = 4 divisional CHAMPIONS, 2 wildcards, for a total of 6 teams. two with the overall best record get by week. With this scenario, 69ers get a WILDCARD, lambs will be division champs.

The Lambs should be the divisional champion having the best divisional record. having (to this point) only lost 1 game vs divisional opponents.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 12-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
The way i have always understood the NFL to work is they that win the division get the seat at the table! That is why divisional play is SO important.

Playoffs = 4 divisional CHAMPIONS, 2 wildcards, for a total of 6 teams. two with the overall best record get by week. With this scenario, 69ers get a WILDCARD, lambs will be division champs.

The Lambs should be the divisional champion having the best divisional record. having (to this point) only lost 1 game vs divisional opponents.
Not the way it works...at all...

Best overall record, not divisional record gets the divisional title...a team can lose all 6 divisional games and still win the division title if they have the best overall record...

A couple of years ago the Raiders went 6-0 in the AFC West and didn't sniff the playoffs because they went 2-8 in other games...

Lining up the playoffs goes from best overall record, to best conference record, to head to head, to a million other tiebreakers...

Divisional games ARE important in that you play 3 teams TWICE and they count as conference games...ask the 11-5 2008 Patriots how important conference records are...

The Scrams are in 3rd place in their divison and 10th in the conference and ain't makin' the playoffs...

Last edited by vincent; 12-03-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #75

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent

Not the way it works...at all...

Best overall record, not divisional record gets the divisional title...a team can lose all 6 divisional games and still win the division title if they have the best overall record...

A couple of years ago the Raiders went 6-0 in the AFC West and didn't sniff the playoffs because they went 2-8 in other games...

Lining up the playoffs goes from best overall record, to best conference record, to head to head, to a million other tiebreakers...

Divisional games ARE important in that you play 3 teams TWICE and they count as conference games...ask the 11-5 2008 Patriots how important conference records are...

The Scrams are in 3rd place in their divison and 10th in the conference and ain't makin' the playoffs...
Fmj had it right it all comes down to division wins if you win your division your in the playoffs

Old 12-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon15man View Post
Fmj had it right it all comes down to division wins if you win your division your in the playoffs
Yes, if you win your division, you're in the playoffs but you don't win the division simply by virtue of best divisional record...It's best OVERALL RECORD!

Old 12-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #77
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1126 Times on 734 Posts
Likes Given: 648

what he said^.

its overall record.. unless there is a tie. then its division wins.. so if 2 teams, are 10-6, whichever team won more in the division is picked.. otherwise, if its two teams. one 10-6, the other 9-7.. the 10-6 team wins out.

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:47 AM   #78

Liked 20 Times on 12 Posts

The Rams go to the playoffs over the NINERS?? There would be no point in playing outside your division if that's all that mattered at the end of the season.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #79
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 248 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 95

There is a lot of talk about Pats vs Niners for Superbowel.

I just want a good game - good can only be defined as the Pats going down in flames. . I have stock in crying towels...

Old 12-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post
There is a lot of talk about Pats vs Niners for Superbowel.

I just want a good game - good can only be defined as the Pats going down in flames. . I have stock in crying towels...
You have made a powerful enemy my friend...

GO PATS!!!
imagescakduu0f.jpg