Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   NFL season starts tonight. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/nfl-season-starts-tonight-17912/)

skullcrusher 09-11-2009 12:47 AM

NFL season starts tonight.

The start of the season sported a great fireworks show and Harry Connick, Jr. singing a very subdued and natural National Anthem. Players and coaches fighting back tears.

I will be at the Cinci/Denver game sunday. They always have a fly-over from Wright Pat there. Tis awesome to see. I fear that my allergies will be acting up during the Anthem and subsequent fly-over. :o

Gojubrian 09-11-2009 02:45 AM

*jealous* Denver has been my team since I was 6yrs old!! My dad took my brother and I to pick out some pendants. I picked Denver, he picker Miami and we've been rooting for those teams ever since. GO DENVER!!! They'll never be the same without number 7!!

cpttango30 09-11-2009 10:53 AM

Always wanted to go to an NFL game to rich for my blood.

Goju you like football? I didn't see you liking it because it would be a away for us 45acp shooter to make up for small junk.

skullcrusher 09-11-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojubrian (Post 158042)
*jealous* Denver has been my team since I was 6yrs old!! My dad took my brother and I to pick out some pendants. I picked Denver, he picker Miami and we've been rooting for those teams ever since. GO DENVER!!! They'll never be the same without number 7!!

As a young nard, my pop had season tickets to the Broncos. I would get to go to a couple of games a season. They are still my team even though I had season tickets to the Browns for a few years.

I get to go to 1 game in Cinci each year. A friend's dad has 4 seats on the 50 yard line, so we get them for free. He uses them for business clients. He is also a member/founder of a few gun or hunting clubs. We get to use the ranges for free when there. My friend drives over from Virginia and we stay at his parent's house and get to take out the Z06. It's like Ferris Buhlers' day off full of fun stuff. We get to act like kids again. :D

Moss99 09-11-2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojubrian (Post 158042)

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullcrusher (Post 158314)
As a young nard, my pop had season tickets to the Broncos. I would get to go to a couple of games a season. They are still my team even though I had season tickets to the Browns for a few years.

I hope you guys aren't too excited about the Broncos this season, it's not going to be pretty.

I agree that since good ole' #7 retired things just aren't the same. Everyone thought Cu$tler would be our savior but obviously thats not the case and now McDaniels is "hopeful" that Kyle Orton will start for the opener. Hopefully Kyle Orton won't be starting anything on Sunday, not even his car. He would be more helpful staying at the hotel eating some Chunky soup.

suprdave 09-11-2009 06:58 PM

Redskins win it all this year!

(I don't care as long as they beat the cowgirls...)

chopkick 09-12-2009 05:25 PM

Easy with the Cowgirls remark SuperDave. :D Been a COWBOY'S FAN since I was 8.
I've been to 2 games. Unfortunately they were both in Oakland! :eek:
Never again. Sports are supposed to be a pastime not a freakin' lifestyle!

suprdave 09-12-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chopkick (Post 158652)
Easy with the Cowgirls remark SuperDave. :D Been a COWBOY'S FAN since I was 8.

Poor guy. Gonna be a long season for them.

chopkick 09-12-2009 05:49 PM

Goodluck to you and the 'Skins Dave.
I grew up in Hot Springs. Where abouts are you?

suprdave 09-12-2009 06:01 PM

In between Little Rock and "Crime" Bluff.