Nfl referee-lock-out...........
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Nfl referee-lock-out...........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 116 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Default Nfl referee-lock-out...........

The NFL needs to just pay the guys...They are having record ticket sales,so why not pay the referee's what they are worth...This is going to be big trouble for them...Watch.............

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-02-2012, 11:02 PM   #2

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Concurred...They plop all these new rules and procedures on them every year, increasing their work load, but not their pay...

An all to familiar notion to me...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 09-02-2012, 11:08 PM   #3

Liked 65 Times on 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
The NFL needs to just pay the guys...They are having record ticket sales,so why not pay the referee's what they are worth...This is going to be big trouble for them...Watch.............
Uh...just what do they want to return to work?

Old 09-02-2012, 11:27 PM   #4

Liked 86 Times on 56 Posts

NFL referees make from $25,000 to $70,000 a year for working one day a week. Counting preseason and postseason, what is the most game they will call, 30 or less? So even at the lowest party grade that is over $800 a day. I wish I could make that. And before someone says anything about how much the players make I think they are way overpaid.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastrebel70 View Post
NFL referees make from $25,000 to $70,000 a year for working one day a week. Counting preseason and postseason, what is the most game they will call, 30 or less? So even at the lowest party grade that is over $800 a day. I wish I could make that. And before someone says anything about how much the players make I think they are way overpaid.
This is incorrect...They consult with league officials, coaches, players, the player's union, owners and the competition committee year round. They are at most training camps from day one, in some cases on their own dime. They must pass vigorous physical, intellectual and rule review tests yearly. They review hours and hours of game tape to pin down exactly what is and isn't considered a penalty under the constantly changing rules of the game. You seem to be under the impression that they just show up on gameday, put on the zebra costume and start calling the game...when in fact this is NOT true...

Old 09-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #6

Liked 1344 Times on 829 Posts
Likes Given: 313

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastrebel70 View Post
Yea, well what do the players make? Maybe the game should be "self policing".

Some of those old farts calling the games are better athletes than the players. (and they are a hell of a lot smarter) Try keeping up with a tight end, while running backwards with a whistle in your mouth.

They are an important part of the game, they should be compensated fairly.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

vincent Likes This 
Old 09-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #7
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Yea, well what do the players make? Maybe the game should be "self policing".

Some of those old farts calling the games are better athletes than the players. (and they are a hell of a lot smarter) Try keeping up with a tight end, while running backwards with a whistle in your mouth.

They are an important part of the game, they should be compensated fairly.
This...even the guys that do and have done it full time for years get it wrong quite often. NOW they are going to toss guys into the arena that are not up to speed with the game, rules etc and expect them to call a good game??

Its gonna be a fiasco at best. I have already seen a lot of missed calls, blown calls, wrong calls and improper spot enforcement in preseason. Regular season is really gonna suck.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 09-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #8

Liked 116 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 231

O K ...Today we will see how good the new referee's are.........

Old 09-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #9
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
O K ...Today we will see how good the new referee's are.........
There were some "questionable" calls and spots Wed in the Giants cowgirls game.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 09-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #10

I think the refs are gonna do the best job they can...IMHO they did great on Wed nite...I'm sure the transition from teaching high school and officiating arena league games to the NFL isn't quite as easy as he/they made it out to look...[clipping...heh heh, haven't heard that call in a while! ]

Probably gonna get some wrong but hey, if we want someone to blame, blame the NFL...