Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   NFL Football (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/nfl-football-1709/)

BLS33 08-15-2007 08:36 PM

NFL Football

So who else can't wait for the season to start? If so what is your team? I'm an Eagles fan and am feeling good about the team they've got together. (although their first preseason game made me worry a bit)

Tony Soprano 08-15-2007 09:58 PM

Being from Indiana the COLTS ,Eagles are my favorite NFC team

ScottG 08-15-2007 11:37 PM

Around my area football season is money season. I doesn't matter who wins, the books always win....

SheGUN 08-16-2007 12:29 AM

I love football! And we support the Green Bay Packers..... lived in WI years ago, and once a Packer fan, always a Packer fan!

And of course the Panthers 'cause we live in NC.

BLS33 08-16-2007 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheGUN (Post 6587)
I love football! And we support the Green Bay Packers..... lived in WI years ago, and once a Packer fan, always a Packer fan!

And of course the Panthers 'cause we live in NC.

I will pull for the Pack unless they are playing the Eagles. (which they do the first game)

cnorman18 08-16-2007 01:07 AM

Football?

Zzzzzz...

Sorry. I agre with George Will: football combines the two worst things in American culture--violence and committee meetings.

Peace to those who love it. Enjoy the season. But here's a little challenge for you: next game you watch, take a stopwatch and time the amount of actual playing that takes place, from snap to dead ball, through the entire game.

In a 2+ hour game, you'll see about 20 minutes of actual football. Try it and see.

Nothing against football; I don't much like ANY pro sport. No, I'm not one of those guys that hates sports and thinks he's superior. I know it's a failing on my part. I'm missing something, I know, but I just don't get it.

aussierogue 08-16-2007 03:33 AM

If you want to watch proper Football watch Australian Rugby League they wear very little padding and they only have 18 players all up on each team LOL i'll post a link later when i can find a good one and you will be able to see

John

PS here's the link

BLS33 08-16-2007 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussierogue (Post 6608)
If you want to watch proper Football watch Australian Rugby League they wear very little padding and they only have 18 players all up on each team LOL i'll post a link later when i can find a good one and you will be able to see

John

PS here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aclrv2pd3bQ

I watch rugby on occasion. A good friend of mines father was a really good rugby player, one of the best in the US back in the day. Unfortunately he had a heart attack ending his career early.

A5Mag12 08-16-2007 05:40 AM

I'm not chomping at the bit for the season to get started but when the Saint's are on and I aint hunting I will watch them. They are my team, along with what ever team is playing the cowboies.

BLS33 08-16-2007 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnorman18 (Post 6603)
Football?

Zzzzzz...

Sorry. I agre with George Will: football combines the two worst things in American culture--violence and committee meetings.

Peace to those who love it. Enjoy the season. But here's a little challenge for you: next game you watch, take a stopwatch and time the amount of actual playing that takes place, from snap to dead ball, through the entire game.

In a 2+ hour game, you'll see about 20 minutes of actual football. Try it and see.

Nothing against football; I don't much like ANY pro sport. No, I'm not one of those guys that hates sports and thinks he's superior. I know it's a failing on my part. I'm missing something, I know, but I just don't get it.

I understand your sentiment, but football is a great deal more cerebral than it appears on the surface.