Is the NFL anti gun? - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Is the NFL anti gun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

I find it astounding that p here believe the NFL has control over what ads networks run or what network commentators say.
Like i stated before, if the NFL was this anti all things American as is being suggested they wouldn't raise countless dollars for Wounded Warrior and breast cancer awareness.

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #42
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3382 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t
I find it astounding that p here believe the NFL has control over what ads networks run or what network commentators say. Like i stated before, if the NFL was this anti all things American as is being suggested they wouldn't raise countless dollars for Wounded Warrior and breast cancer awareness.
As well as numerous other charities! Again,.I don't glorify these people. I Just report the stories as evenly & Honestly as I can, just like we do on the PODCAST here...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 12-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #43

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
As well as numerous other charities! Again,.I don't glorify these people. I Just report the stories as evenly & Honestly as I can, just like we do on the PODCAST here...
I'm a huge fan of the two I mentioned and the 'Play60' as well. I mentioned the first two because I thought they'd be a little closer to home then some others

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t
I'm a huge fan of the two I mentioned and the 'Play60' as well. I mentioned the first two because I thought they'd be a little closer to home then some others

I covered the Draft Media Day Play 60 event for the Last 8 or 9 Years. Looks Like 2013 was my last. Even if I get this Book done and get to go to The 2014 Draft to promote, Play 60 won't be on the schedule.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 12-19-2013, 06:28 AM   #45
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2106 Times on 1240 Posts
Likes Given: 4539

WTF! It is snow, what happened back in the day. Football was played in the snow and wet weather, this is what made football!

NFL: Super Bowl could be moved to different day in case of massive snow storm

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/24254037/nfl-super-bowl-could-be-moved-to-different-day-in-case-of-massive-snow-storm

Comment says it the best:

"Snow didn't stop Superbowl's in the past... quit corrupting football any further, let's get it back to where men were men and football was fun... too many rules... NFL - No Fun League!"

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 12-19-2013 at 06:31 AM.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:02 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02
WTF! It is snow, what happened back in the day. Football was played in the snow and wet weather, this is what made football! Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gi_WjJlB2A NFL: Super Bowl could be moved to different day in case of massive snow storm http://www.myfoxny.com/story/24254037/nfl-super-bowl-could-be-moved-to-different-day-in-case-of-massive-snow-storm Comment says it the best: "Snow didn't stop Superbowl's in the past... quit corrupting football any further, let's get it back to where men were men and football was fun... too many rules... NFL - No Fun League!"
We also Say "Not For Long". Add to the fact that NY got a SB without a Domed Stadium....but I'm already hearing lots of grumblings from different sides,..no Tailgating in the parking lot. Still no " Direct" trains from penn station to the railhead at the stadium, you have to come up one flight Of stairs and then go back down to another platform at Secaucus, no busses from the Port Authority either, and only 2 lots for charter Busses, almost makes me glad I'm not there covering it anymore...

Old 12-19-2013, 07:03 AM   #47
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

I honestly think that people who buy stuff due to the advertising are a bit soft in the head. Then again I don't watch TV (don't even have one in the house right now) and haven't watched the Super Bowl for years now. I do enjoythe clever commercials, but only for entertainment. I haven't bought a product due to advertising for years and years..

Somebody said earlier about how tobacco products are no longer advertised in NASCAR (and many other racing series as well, including Formula One which races in different countries all over the world) and this has a lot to do with the bans on tobacco advertising in nearly every western country. You can't advertise cigarettes on TV, so having a car sponsorship that is televised runs afoul of that law. Tobacco advertising on race cars is illegal in the European Union, and all but illegal here. There is no such prohibition on firearms advertising. I would suspect that the NFL would probably not notice much difference one way or the other if they ran the DD ad or not.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:11 AM   #48
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2106 Times on 1240 Posts
Likes Given: 4539

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
We also Say "Not For Long". Add to the fact that NY got a SB without a Domed Stadium....but I'm already hearing lots of grumblings from different sides,..no Tailgating in the parking lot. Still no " Direct" trains from penn station to the railhead at the stadium, you have to come up one flight Of stairs and then go back down to another platform at Secaucus, no busses from the Port Authority either, and only 2 lots for charter Busses, almost makes me glad I'm not there covering it anymore...
In addition to the above:

1. Going thru TSA security or whatever security it is called
2. If you do have a limo to take you they cannot leave the stadium park lot.
3. If you drive, you cannot eat or drink outside your vehicle, besides no tailgating
4. The busses, you have to pay $51 for the ride.
5. No purses or backpacks allowed, has to be a small clear baggie!

Old 12-19-2013, 07:19 AM   #49
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
In addition to the above:

1. Going thru TSA security or whatever security it is called
2. If you do have a limo to take you they cannot leave the stadium park lot.
3. If you drive, you cannot eat or drink outside your vehicle, besides no tailgating
4. The busses, you have to pay $51 for the ride.
5. No purses or backpacks allowed, has to be a small clear baggie!
Take a look at this product!

http://www.amazon.com/The-WineRack-200-008-Wine-Medium/dp/B001FYZZI2

Old 12-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #50

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
Well, if there is a TSA checkpoint at the gate. that would be discovered quicker than if she had a bottle of wine in her hand.