Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Next Xbox requires internet connection, blocks used games?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00

You are talking about the system that makes you pay to play online, right? I know for sure you are not talking about the PS3.
You get what you pay for

Old 02-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #22
Resident Lurker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 671 Times on 438 Posts
Likes Given: 1819

I have both, as does my brother. You don't get what you pay for... There is no freakin difference as far as the games are concerned, none.

I have noticed that Xbox is where all the fan boys are at, a ps3 owner will come out and tell you about issues, an Xbox owner will act like the 360 was made by the hand of God and that PS3 sucks.

That's how it's always been

If anyone would like to enlighten me as to why one is so much greater than the other or how the fact that I already have to pay for Internet isn't enough, please do tell.

Sorry if my tone sounds harsh, this subject just gets under my skin.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member - NRA, NAGR

Last edited by sputnik1988; 02-11-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1015 Times on 703 Posts
Likes Given: 346

Any form of a cost increase for entertainment gets under my skin. It gets to the point where people just say NO and do something else. Not to mention game makers have killed the the used game business. People wonder why we are in a recession.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #24

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I had a 360 for four years, and MS took care of my red ring of death. Then it died 2 months later for good.

I replaced it. Then it got stolen.

Now I have no TV, no xbox. And I don't care. I loved games, but when you do without, it's just another thing that takes up time. There's so little time...

PS3 vs xbox 360? The xbox had more of the games I liked. PS3 generally had prettier graphics, a seemingly larger selection of games, and free online play. They also had something like 4 million customers' personal info risked when they were hacked (as far as I know, none of that info was actually used). But, that could happen to xbox live too, it just hasn't, yet.

PS3 came with more options, albeit, usually at a higher price. It's a bit more robust. I've actually never heard of a PS3 breaking down. I'm sure it's happened... But I never heard of it. I've also never owned one, so I never followed any news on it.

I don't intend to so much as even get another TV. I can download movies at my sister's house, buy them at Walmart, or borrow from a friend, and I have a laptop to watch them on.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #25

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

My PS1 is still in my Mom's attic. I broke it out a couple years ago, and fired up Duke Nukem. If I could find a way to plug it into my laptop...

Old 02-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #26
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4483 Times on 2365 Posts
Likes Given: 255

I like playing mw3 on my 360 because there isnt any cheating. Shooting folks with an rpg is fun. All the bitching about rocket noob after they get blown up makes me laugh

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Old 02-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #27

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
If you take out riding quads and fishing then you would have time!!! Just a view from a middle aged fart.
Why would I do that? I would much rather spend a couple hours tooling through the woods on my quad stopping to fish then listen to a bunch of kids talk like morons. Nothing beats sitting on top of the hill relaxing with the bride after a long stressful week watching the sun set drinking a fine beer.

I dunno I like REAL life much more than Fake life. That's just me.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1771 Times on 1159 Posts
Likes Given: 1362

Welcome to the world of "You no longer "own" your game we are just renting it to you, we don't make any money on the selling of used games so we are gonna screw our customer base"

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 02-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 600 Times on 303 Posts

I don't see it happening, there will be a way to play used games. They make a ton selling upgrades to current games already. My kids are constantly asking for a new map or skin upgrade to games we already have. I put zero chance on Microsoft alienating some of their best distributors and gamer base. What I do see happening is their ecosystem taking over more than just your living room, in fact with hard core gamers in decline they are looking for the next XBOX to be much more than a gaming system. Like I said before, I think they are taking a swing at the PC.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #30

Liked 32 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Never buy another game again!!! I downlaoded $1000+ of games using http://xk3y.com/ Never once had a problem with it and I get games up to 3 weeks sooner!