Next Gen gaming systems are coming! - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Next Gen gaming systems are coming!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 05:21 AM   #31
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2024 Times on 1183 Posts
Likes Given: 4309

This is write-up from the air force times:

http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20130614/OFFDUTY02/306140030/New-Xbox-sin-against-all-service-members-

Quote:
Which is to say, just about everyone.

And it gets worse for on-the-go troops. The Xbox One:

■ Can play only in Xbox One-friendly countries. Even if you’re lucky enough to have a regular, reliable Internet connection while overseas, you’ll have to be in one of 21 countries included in Microsoft’s server network. So, if you’re stationed in, say, Germany, Italy or Great Briatin, you’re good to go. But if you’re based in Japan, Kuwait or Afghanistan, you’re out of luck.

■ Will have region-locked games. Games bought in the U.S. can be activated only in the U.S. That means no more ripping open the latest title that just arrived in a care package from home while you’re deployed. And forget about buying games locally when overseas — if your Xbox Live account isn’t tied to the region when you activate a game, it won’t play.

■ Serious security concerns. Even when the Xbox One is in sleep mode, its built-in microphone can always listen in. It’s a feature developers say will provide quick voice-command access to games and apps — but that could spook commanders who might worry the always-connected device could also capture more than just idle chit-chat among troops.

“Microsoft has single handedly alienated the entire military. And not just the U.S. military — the militaries of the entire world,” says naval aviator Jay Johnson.

The Internet connection requirement is “the single greatest sin Microsoft has committed against all service members,” he writes in a post on the game developers’ site Gamasutra.

With tours aboard three Nimitz aircraft carriers, Johnson says he’s spent more than half of the past three years deployed or training at sea. He describes gaming in general and his Xbox in particular as “my sanctuary. It is where I went to calm down after a long day of flying.”

But that won’t true with the Xbox One, he says.

“No longer will the sounds of Master Chief saving the human race echo through the hallowed halls of the USS Abraham Lincoln, or any other USS ship, when we have a few hours respite. No longer will you see Marcus and Dom sawing through the Locust Horde at the bases in Afghanistan after the Marines have returned from patrol and want to escape their reality for a bit. Those days are now firmly behind us.”

Old 06-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 237 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 518

Yeah xbox really messed up this time. I see very few gamers buying this system. Just sad.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 06-18-2013, 09:55 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmustard View Post
Yeah xbox really messed up this time. I see very few gamers buying this system. Just sad.
It just got worst!

Microsoft used a PC with Nvidia to demo Xbox One games at E3 and not the developed kit!

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Games-E3-Were-Running-Windows-7-With-Nvidia-GTX-Cards-56737.html

Quote:
I suppose the only real damning thing about this kind of exposure is that Microsoft didn't even use “comparable specs" from the company providing them with video cards in their home console. For those of you who don't know the Xbox One will run on a modified AMD GPU that, according to Extreme Tech, is on the level of a mid-ranged Radeon 7790. I guess the 7790 wasn't powerful enough for the Xbox One's E3 games eh? They needed a real manly card like the GTX 780, eh?

Old 06-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Sony: We pledge 10 years of PS4 support

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2013/06/16/sony_we_pledge_10_years_of_ps4_support

Shuhei Yoshida, Sony Computer Entertainment's first-party game boss, said during an interview this week that the company has pledged 10 years of support for the PS4.

The company expects the console will have as long of a lifespan as its predecessors, namely the PS2 and PS3.

"I would say the same or similar," says Yoshida, "because the PS4 has an incredible amount of RAM and I don't think any launch titles need that 8GB of RAM. So there's room for growth in both game content and system features".

One of those features, the oft-requested cross-game voice chat for the PS3, was never made available because system-level limitations made it impossible to launch. The PS4, however, can adapt and evolve. "In the middle of PS3 we really hit the limit with what we could do on the system side. We wanted to add the cross-game voice chat that many people asked us about, but we had no room in the system memory at all to add it. So the PS4's enlarged, very fast memory allows us in the future to improve and add more new features. And at the same time we are continuing to invest and add onto the online services so that, three years from now, the PS4 will be much, much better than PS4 this holiday - and that was the case on PS3 and PS Vita."

Old 06-18-2013, 10:33 PM   #35

Liked 335 Times on 227 Posts
Likes Given: 42

How long will they still make 360 games you think?

Mamas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies.
better dead than red

Old 06-19-2013, 03:24 AM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK97 View Post
Not sure, if the Xbox One is the replacement for Xbox 360, hard to say what the transition period will be and depends on the gaming studios industry.

Comment from Microsoft Xbox to the military - get an Xbox 360 if your not in the 21 regions and will not be connect online.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #37
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK97 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
Not sure, if the Xbox One is the replacement for Xbox 360, hard to say what the transition period will be and depends on the gaming studios industry.

Comment from Microsoft Xbox to the military - get an Xbox 360 if your not in the 21 regions and will not be connect online.
I see the Xbox one flopping, So the 360 may be around a while. That would be the smart thing to do. If they kill the 360, and are left with only the Xbox One, Microsoft is going to loose some serious money.

Plus, the 360 is a great console. It has amazing graphics, and can handle a lot. Unless games start getting extremely big, I think it could handle them for quite a while.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #38
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Microsoft turned around and retreated like they were French.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/19/microsoft-reversing-xbox-one-internet-used-game-policies

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 06-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #39

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

I was thinking about reserving a ps4 but the first run usually has bugs ..... I think I will wait until the price drops and they work out the kinks.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #40

Liked 1217 Times on 723 Posts
Likes Given: 387

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
I was thinking about reserving a ps4 but the first run usually has bugs ..... I think I will wait until the price drops and they work out the kinks.
They just bricked PS3 with the latest update. It's fixable but such bad timing considering the wave of popularity Sony was riding.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson