Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   News and Politics- unbiased (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/news-politics-unbiased-53447/)

Sonic82 12-12-2011 05:35 PM

News and Politics- unbiased

I just thought we could compile some of your favorite News/Politics/Blog/Fact Check sites. Specifically, unbiased sources. The best straight up sources you frequent. I'll start off with a couple:

The Week- The Week Magazine: Political News and Cartoons, Current Events and Entertainment Online
PolitiFact- PolitiFact | Sorting out the truth in politics
Slate- Slate Magazine - Politics, Business, Technology, and the Arts - Slate Magazine

notdku 12-12-2011 06:41 PM

There are unbiased new sources?

I just usually check Drudge, CNN and Reddit's /r/politics. Covers Right, Left and Center.

bkt 12-12-2011 07:36 PM

There are no unbiased sources. Ever. Anywhere.

The best you can do is look at a bunch of sources on the same subject, tease out the facts, and form your own opinion.

Sonic82 12-12-2011 07:52 PM

Yes...you are both correct. Some are obviously worse than others. Just looking for the best possible is all.

Sonic82 12-14-2011 09:46 PM

ok....we'll just move on then...Of these three TV shows, which one was/is your favorite?

1- "Hurl"
2- "Temptation Island"
3- "Homeboys from Outer Space"

c3shooter 12-14-2011 11:17 PM

Gilligan's Island was OK- I lusted after Mary Anne. :D

As far as the "News", was sitting in hotel lobby this AM, sipping a cup of coffee, killing time with USA Today. They offered for my edification-

1. Headline- drastic jump in traffic fatalities in some states-

Umm- lemmee see which states. Well, they list the states with the biggest jumps. Among the worst- Wyoming- went from 134 fatal accidents to.... 135. :confused:

2. Headline- Alcohol consumption increases risk of unsafe sex.

Sorry- I was over there bashing my head against the concrete wall.
REALLY??? I never would have suspected that getting smashed could POSSIBLY impair your judgement in such matters.

Although an excess of tequilla may explain how a couple of us woke up in Australia after a party.

Party was in San Diego.

bkt 12-14-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic82 (Post 652019)
ok....we'll just move on then...

I'm not sure what you're looking for. Being a news junkie, I have found reading many sites is better for learning the truth than reading one "unbiased" site; unbiased sites do not exist.

ellis36 12-15-2011 02:00 PM

I start out with Drudge Report to see if the world still exists and then to Lucianne.com.
End up on FirearmsTalk, of course.

Sonic82 12-15-2011 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkt (Post 652102)
I'm not sure what you're looking for

Well...would you put the 'Huffington Post' in the same camp as 'The Wall Street Journal' (WSJ Business news)for a straight up news source?

PanBaccha 12-15-2011 06:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

News and Politics- unbiased
No such animal