NEWBIE looking for some advice!! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > NEWBIE looking for some advice!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 05:43 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default About gun laws in Spain...

As far as I know exist 6 type of licenses (A, B, C, D, E, F)
A: "war weapons" only for army
B: "personal firearm (private owner handgun)" you have to probe the you NEED and explain why you should need a handgun, you only can have one (01) handgun under license type B, OMG! BTW! SELF DEFENSE is not a valid excuse to obtain a type B license (you must be a very wanted by terrorist and stuff)
C: "security personel handgun" only for licensed bodyguards and/or security personel
D: "hunting rifles" you have right to 5 hunting rifles, but you can only buy 1, the other 4 you need permision by the local police to buy each one; You need a license type D to buy ammo, parts and accesories for type D firearms.
E: "shotguns, crossbows, .22 rifles, sport rifles (recreational shooting) and airguns" under license type E you can have a maximum of 12 items, but only can have a maximum of 6 shotguns and/or 6 "not-shotguns".
F: "specialized competitive shooting firearms" you must have to be afiliated in some recognized firearms related sporting/competititve club/organization

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Last edited by AsmelEduardo; 02-18-2009 at 05:46 AM.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:49 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm not sure what the pricing would be there, but here you can get a Remington 700 well within your price range, and just choose the caliber that your laws will allow. You will have to research all the different variants to find the options you want on a tactical rifle, or you might be able to find a used 700 PSS (Police) for your budget.

They make the 700 in a ton of different calibers, but I like .308 Winchester (7.62x51 NATO), 7MM Magnum, and 300 Winchester Magnum. I can also highly recommend a popular text on the topic, The Ultimate Sniper by Major John Plaster. Major Plaster also has a website at UltimateSniper.com

Good luck and good shooting.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 02-18-2009, 07:33 AM   #13

Default Remington under 800

Under 800€ in Spain you could find a Remington 700ADL in .30-60 wood stock (695€) or Remington 700ADL in .30-06 or 7mm syntetic stock (797€) or a Remington 700SPS in .308 or .300WSM (765€)
I estimate your budget less than 800€ because you have to spend in a scope and some ammo at first... I don't know how much you could spend in license and permits... as you said that you can't spend more than $1200 (about 950€)

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

Old 02-18-2009, 09:00 AM   #14

Hi again men! I posted here but the message doesn't appeared so i'm going to repost it:

That's a great welcome! Thanks

I've no experience... I'm feeling embarrased about it, but here in Spain they's a non-weapon culture because our laws are very strict about it, as you confirmed. You have to get a lot of Police Permissions and pay taxes Now, I'm 21 and I want to follow my grandfathers' path... being a shooter All my life I wanted to have a rifle and practice "tactical precision". Here a shooter (excepting hunters) is treated like a psyco in most of cases.

I've no military experience. I'm studying to be a doctor but my dream was always been a military tactical shooter: what happened? Spanish army is a piece of crap, they're all fat, bored and/or smoked.

I found this in a Spanish web:

http://62.15.226.148/tc/2009/01/31/11790788.jpg

http://62.15.226.148/tc/2009/01/31/11790788_2689322.jpg

The seller says it's from 1942 (excluded the scope's support).

The historical significance (WWII!!) is a point in favor to buy it, but I don't know if it's a good rifle for what I'm going to do, and if I will find it difficult to shoot well or to find ammo, I mean more than with a modern rifle.

I would like to buy a M24 SWS Remington.... maybe when I get a job.

And a SVD Dragunov (like that one in MGS3) is also very atractive... but they're both so expensive for they money I have and I think its not legal.

I think that buying the weapon outside Spain is not possible... one time I bought 8 M1 Garand bullets with the clip (original, founden in Koernisberg or something like that, underground, 30 years after battle) and they take a lot of months to come by mail because it passed a lot of controls. I dont want to wonder what will happen with a rifle!!! I can imagine 9 GEOS (like SWAT) teams taking down de postman!!!

Remington 710 is a good choice for what I've searched!! thanks!! What's the difference between YOUTH model and normal? what about scopes? ammo or other alternatives?? teach me!!

Old 02-18-2009, 09:02 AM   #15

doh! sorry for the double message, i didn't read a moderator have to read it before!! sorry

Old 02-18-2009, 10:41 AM   #16

Please look at this Armería Arminse - Armas desactivadas, armas de coleccionista, militar, cuchillería What's your opinion?

The changed hour between our countries is annoying me!

Old 02-18-2009, 01:26 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by -solid-snake- View Post
The seller says it's from 1942 (excluded the scope's support).
The historical significance (WWII!!) is a point in favor to buy it, but I don't know if it's a good rifle for what I'm going to do, and if I will find it difficult to shoot well or to find ammo, I mean more than with a modern rifle.
I would like to buy a M24 SWS Remington.... maybe when I get a job.
And a SVD Dragunov (like that one in MGS3) is also very atractive... but they're both so expensive for they money I have and I think its not legal.
I think that buying the weapon outside Spain is not possible...
Remington 710 is a good choice for what I've searched!! thanks!! What's the difference between YOUTH model and normal? what about scopes? ammo or other alternatives?? teach me!!
That's what are you paying for.... for historical value, not for a shooting rifle... If you want shoot on a regular basis don't buy it, save that money for something else; In Arminse you can buy one Mossin Nagant for 250€. However, if you want a rifle to exibit in your living room.... a WWII piece of history will start a good conversation. To me.... buy another thing, specially if you can't own many arms as you want, don't waste your "cupo" on this...
M24 SWS Remington is not another thing that a super tuned Remington 700... you could start from that. In Arminse as I said in a previus post you can buy a Remington 700 from 765€.
I don't talk about a Dragunov because as I say, you are in a budget, but you can buy a Dragunov for 1195€($1500).
The diference betwen a Youth and a Regular Adult model is the lenght of the stock, youth firearms have a shorter stock for shoter arms. In spanish: la diferencia es el largo de la culata... la Youth (niño/joven) es mas corta para brazos mas cortos como los de un niño.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -solid-snake- View Post
Please look at this Armería Arminse - Armas desactivadas, armas de coleccionista, militar, cuchillería What's your opinion?
The changed hour between our countries is annoying me!
A Dragunov is a good starting point for recreational long shoots, but I do prefer a Bolt Action Rifle as the Remington 700. Or the other options for the budget... a Weatherby Vanguard Syntetic in .308(with Pentaflex 2,5-10x50PI scope + rings) for 750€ or a Savage Arms Mod.11 in .308Win. (comes with a mounted Simmons 3-9x40 scope) for 549€ or a Marlin XL7 in .30-06 for 498€.
If you earn every "duro" that you spend, and have a budget already, stick on the options that I sugest... for the use that you want (recreational long shots) a good bolt action will do the job. For the budget that you say <950€ there's not many options... I would say buy the Savage or the 700SPS. The Remington 710 in .30-06 is a good choice too
I buy the ARMAS magazine time to time, that's why I know something about Spain gun laws... and that's why I know Arminse...
Cualquier cosa que no entiendas o cualquier otra duda me puedes enviar un mensaje privado en español
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

Last edited by AsmelEduardo; 02-18-2009 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Adding underline links

Old 02-18-2009, 01:35 PM   #18

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Please don't buy a Remington 710. They are junk. If you want a all around decent rifle for the price, get a Remington 700 (although JD will disagree with anything good said about a 700) Going back to your original idea of a shotgun, wouldn't it be easier to get a Benelli Super Nova rather than an imported shotgun from the USA?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
Going back to your original idea of a shotgun, wouldn't it be easier to get a Benelli Super Nova rather than an imported shotgun from the USA?
He don't want a Shotgun, he want a rifle for shooting above 500 yards.
Spain gun laws are very very restrictive since the Civil War (1936-1939) and WWII... They was in a dictatorship (by Francisco Franco) until 1975 so the new government afraid from another civil war and bloodshed set new restrictive gun laws, since 1975 gun laws don't evolve too much....
In Spain (as all over Europe) any product that says "MADE IN AMERICA (north or south)" are very expensive... but firearms are expensive itself, by impositive taxes (as in here in Venezuela, but in here is for political reasons - the last week ask for a Glock: $3000) and obtain a license for firearms is a pain in the @ss, so not many people have firearms but hunters and competitive shooters... they have this concept of "war weapon" and that's why they can’t buy "SURs" in NATO calibers.
About Remington 710... he's in a budget... You would suggest the Savage Arms Mod. 11 (Hunter Package .308Win.) instead?
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

Old 02-18-2009, 02:48 PM   #20

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

The first pictures you posted are either a Mosin Nagant M-44 or a 91-30.

They are Russian, the 91-30 is an excellent distance rifle. In America, they can be had for about $70 U.S., and are fairly common. Many people have them, and the big selling point is that surplus ammo is cheap, but is manufactured in many countries with different quality.

I've never tried one past 500 meters, but up to that, it's pretty precise.