Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   NEWBIE looking for some advice!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/newbie-looking-some-advice-11005/)

-solid-snake- 02-17-2009 07:50 PM

NEWBIE looking for some advice!!

Hi all, here, from Spain!!! sorry for my poor english :D

I'm looking forward buying a "Tactical Precision" Rifle because I really love that, but as you know here in Spain that's not very easy, and there isn't any information, magazines, and all the stuff about weapons, and even more if they're "Tactical Precision" rifles...

Because of that I found this website and I thought you, weapons experts, should recomend me which rifle (type, characteristics and mark) I must buy.

Remember: I can't spend more than 1200 dollars and I want to buy a lock rifle (it's said that way?) with scope to learn (I found a training manual) how to shoot in distance. I will begin with 100, 200 yards, but at the end I want to achieve 500 or more.

And another question... I found a "Specialized" Mosin Nagant (I'm a IIWW fan) for 700 dollars, is that a good choice or a new weapon is better?

Dillinger 02-17-2009 07:54 PM

Welcome to the Forum S-S

I have edited your post a bit as we don't use the "S" word in the open forums. Too many people take it the wrong way. We say "Tactical" for an urban environment shooter or "Tactical Precision" for a long range shooter. :D

The guys will be along shortly to offer some insight, I am sure....

Can you tell us a little bit about your shooting experience. Did you have any military service under your belt? Have you been shooting long? What are gun laws like in Spain?

JD

CA357 02-17-2009 08:09 PM

Welcome here/Bienvenidos. :)

bobbyb13 02-17-2009 08:10 PM

Welcome to the forum

Your english is excellent. And you John D. of all people, maker of most excellent bolt rifles, should be more than able to point this man in the right direction. Your modesty is not acceptable:D Chain being yanked JD. In fun, but you can do it.

Dillinger 02-17-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyb13 (Post 72286)
Your english is excellent. And you John D. of all people, maker of most excellent bolt rifles, should be more than able to point this man in the right direction. Your modesty is not acceptable:D Chain being yanked JD. In fun, but you can do it.

I appreciate that brother - and I intend of giving a long winded response later, but I am at work at the moment and actually expected to DO SOMETHING other than talk guns and moderate this wonderful forum. :D

JD

orangello 02-17-2009 09:46 PM

This is a really odd-looking modified mosin nagant i saw online, maybe you will like it. If not, maybe that website will help with price ranges. They have some unmodified models as well.

AIM Finnish Mosin Nagant 28/76 7.62x54R Marksmanship Rifle Finnish Mosin Nagant 28/76 7.62x54R Marksmanship Rifle

I have no idea if they ship to Spain, noooooo idea.
Happy hunting/shopping!

skullcrusher 02-17-2009 10:06 PM

*female vioce*

"Snaaaaake"

-solid-snake- 02-17-2009 10:33 PM

That's a great welcome! Thanks :D

I've no experience... I'm feeling embarrased about it, but here in Spain is nearly impossible to shoot :mad: because our laws are very strict about it. You have to get a lot of Police Permissions and pay taxes Now, I'm 21 and I want to follow my grandfathers' path... being a shooter :cool: All my life I wanted to have a rifle and practice "tactical precision" but our non-weapon culture made me see it impossible. Here a shooter (excepting hunters) is treated like a psyco in most of cases.

I've no military experience. I'm studying to be a doctor but my dream was always been a military tactical shooter: what happened? Spanish army is a piece of crap, they're all fat, bored and/or smoked.

I found this in a Spanish web:

http://62.15.226.148/tc/2009/01/31/11790788.jpg

http://62.15.226.148/tc/2009/01/31/11790788_2689322.jpg

The seller says it's from 1942 (excluded the scope's support).

The historical significance (WWII!!) is a point in favor to buy it, but I don't know if it's a good rifle for what I'm going to do, and if I will find it difficult to shoot well or to find ammo, I mean more than with a modern rifle.

I would like to buy a M24 SWS Remington.... maybe when I get a job.

And a SVD Dragunov (like that one in MGS3) is also very atractive... but they're both so expensive for they money I have.

I think that buying the weapon outside Spain is not possible... one time I bought 8 M1 Garand bullets with the clip (original, founden in Koernisberg or something like that, underground, 30 years after battle) and they take a lot of months to come by mail because it passed a lot of controls. I dont want to wonder what will happen with a rifle!!! I can imagine 9 GEOS (like SWAT) teams taking down de postman!!!

You can advice with names, and I could found them here!!

AsmelEduardo 02-18-2009 03:22 AM

Spain

Bienvenido Solid.-
A few things that SolidSnake don't told to you about firearms in Spain.
Their laws about guns sucks... they have a quota, you have a maximum number of guns that are alowed according to use and license that you have... Semiautos are not alowed in NATO calibers, so forget .308 (7,62x51) or .223(5,56x45), however they still can buy 7,62x39 AKs or .222Rem ARs, and .307Win FALs and CETMEs,
In Bolt rifles they have a little bit more variety... 30-06, 7,62x54, 243Win, 7mmRem, 270WSM, 300WSM and .308 and some other calibers that I can't remember at this moment...
For less than 800 you can buy some interesting things:
Bolt action: a bare Remington 700 or a Weatherby Vanguard Syntetic (with Pentaflex 2,5-10x50PI scope + rings) or a CZ 550 Std All of them in .308Win. If you are in a budget can buy a Savage Arms Mod.11 in .308Win. (comes with a mounted Simmons 3-9x40 scope) or a Marlin XL7 in .30-06, the .30-06 can be found easily in all over europe, because it's popular among hunters.
Semiautos: The semiautos are cheaper...
You can buy a Samopal VZ58 (AK47), or a CETME (in .307)
The Mossin are not bad either, it's too cheaper (about 250) but I do prefer something newer.
En horabuena!:D

Benning Boy 02-18-2009 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullcrusher (Post 72303)
*female vioce*

"Snaaaaake"

LMFAO, I can't tell you how many hundreds of times I've heard that. For some reason, it's always my own Claymores.

Could you tell us more about the gun laws in Spain? It may have some bearing.

And don't spend $700 on the Mosin.:eek: