Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > New Tattoo Thread, Show What You Have

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 01:56 AM   #41
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 463 Times on 254 Posts

Shame marking your bodies like that.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:58 AM   #42

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Got this one for my 18th birthday a few years ago. Planning another on the left side that says "...and you will know my name as the Lord, and I will lay my vengeance upon thee..." with two 1911s behind it

image-368437809.jpg  
Old 09-04-2012, 02:02 AM   #43

Liked 41 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan
Mine started innocent... Covering up 2 bullet holes in my arm... Now I have 1-1/2 sleeves. (wife is not proud of all of them but, you know forgiveness is much easier than permission!

Old 09-04-2012, 02:09 AM   #44
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7737 Times on 4469 Posts
Likes Given: 9983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
I have to agree. I favor God's artwork without somebody else marking it up. Just my opinion.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:24 AM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

I have to agree. I favor God's artwork without somebody else marking it up. Just my opinion.
My tattoos are for specific life events. They can be covered if I choose. Mine were all drawn up and created for me. I don't want anything that anyone else has.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:52 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
My tattoos are for specific life events. They can be covered if I choose. Mine were all drawn up and created for me. I don't want anything that anyone else has.
Well, that's all good and all and I respect that, I'm just saying my opinion on them. Most of the people I know with tats don't put too much thought into it. One maroon I know was at the tattoo parlor with his buddy and pointed to a pinup girl tat he wanted and his buddy talked him out of it. He got his own last name on his shoulder instead. WTH? (He is on here BTW- Yeah, I'm talking about you!) Your own last name? I have seen people get ID'd by the cops that way.

Anyhow, the following week his buddy got the pinup girl tat that he wanted. LMAO!

The same guy got the Glock logo on his ankle a few weeks ago. It looks like a Glock logo. I would have liked the pinup girl better, even if it was somebody else's artwork.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:58 AM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:

Well, that's all good and all and I respect that, I'm just saying my opinion on them. Most of the people I know with tats don't put too much thought into it. One maroon I know was at the tattoo parlor with his buddy and pointed to a pinup girl tat he wanted and his buddy talked him out of it. He got his own last name on his shoulder instead. WTH? (He is on here BTW- Yeah, I'm talking about you!) Your own last name? I have seen people get ID'd by the cops that way.

Anyhow, the following week his buddy got the pinup girl tat that he wanted. LMAO!

The same guy got the Glock logo on his ankle a few weeks ago. It looks like a Glock logo. I would have liked the pinup girl better, even if it was somebody else's artwork.
I hate when people just pick a tattoo off of the wall. Most of mine are Egyptian in nature. Some others are for people that have passed away. I have a friend that has his last name on his calve and let his tattoo buddies practice on him. I suppose it gives him character. I understand your opinion about not getting them. I still have to email your wife. The first week bavk to school is always crazy. Things are settling down so I'll be contacting her soon.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:20 AM   #48

No worries ZG. Whenever you can get to it.

When I was in high school I got an earring in my left ear (straight side- right ear is queer side, or at least back then it was) and everybody thought it was different and cool (I used to make my own earrings, or wear a fishing lure or something like that). Then other guys started doing it until it was pretty ubiquitous. That's when I took mine out and let it grow over.

Quite a few years later a friend of mine's son got an earring and I asked him why and he said "To be different." and I said "What, like all your friends?"

I am not sure he fully appreciated the irony of that.

With tattoos there is no going back really. It has become so common (as has been said in this thread) that most everybody has one or more. My boys and I go inkless to be different.

So, how many of you all have ear "plugs" or "gauges"? Ever tried using shell cases or inert cartridges? That would look cool but the brass will turn your ears green.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:25 AM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:

When I was in high school I got an earring in my left ear (straight side- right ear is queer side, or at least back then it was) and everybody thought it was different and cool (I used to make my own earrings, or wear a fishing lure or something like that). Then other guys started doing it until it was pretty ubiquitous. That's when I took mine out and let it grow over.

Quite a few years later a friend of mine's son got an earring and I asked him why and he said "To be different." and I said "What, like all your friends?"

With tattoos there is no going back really. It has become so common (as has been said in this thread) that most everybody has one or more. My boys and I go inkless to be different.

So, how many of you all have ear "plugs" or "gauges"? Ever tried using shell cases or inert cartridges? That would look cool but the brass will turn your ears green.
Smh. No ear stretching for me.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:38 AM   #50

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Quote:

Little streching...

forumrunner_20120903_233756.jpg