Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > New Tattoo Thread, Show What You Have

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 10:29 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffm
I do not have any yet, but I am thinking of getting a few. I have studied sharks since I was about four years old so I wouldn't mind getting something like this on me. (not the same exact one, but the details are amazing in that tattoo).

I am also thinking of getting a couple logo's of my favorite bands danzig and the misfits.
Nautical stuff makes great tattoos! Just do your homework on before choosing a studio/artist. I pay a premium for mine and hear ppl talk smack but they are voted 'best in Raleigh' for over a decade for a reason..

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:03 PM   #92

Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

The first half of my "dont tread on me" tattoo:-D

forumrunner_20130220_170238.jpg  

Old 02-21-2013, 12:14 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1Victor
The first half of my "dont tread on me" tattoo:-D
Very nice work!! Lines are sharpe!!!
Have the color scheduled??

DISCE PATI

Old 02-22-2013, 01:04 AM   #94

Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

Yeah i have it scheduled and i cant wait!!!! The guy that did this is a good family friend and he does some seriously good work.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:09 AM   #95

Liked 67 Times on 46 Posts

I have 4. I would get more but I rather spend my money on guns and ammo. My left arm is a open canvas when I feel like spending the money on a sleeve.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:31 AM   #96

Liked 248 Times on 175 Posts
Likes Given: 33

I have two teardrops on my face and a marijuana leaf covering my back.........JK. No ink on me, besides what could I possibly get now that I would still want in 10 or 20 years. If I did get a tattoo I would get the second amendment on my back.

Mamas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies.
better dead than red

Old 02-22-2013, 02:59 AM   #97

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Yeah, they do prove one thing, that the tattoo culture has evolved beyond anything you apparently recognize. When people choose their own art of their own free will, it's not something being forced on anyone to "keep them in their place".

Your mama ever teach you, "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all"?

That was a pretty trollish post.

Would a particular avatar or branding that you identify yourself with not have the same connotations as you accuse tattoos of having, hmmm?

Grow up. Tattoos aren't just for sailors, inmates, and holocaust survivors anymore.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:16 AM   #98
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19581 Times on 11113 Posts
Likes Given: 49291

i have a few tattoos as well and they have personal meaning. i have never been in a gang or prison and know for sure that i am not a slave or a holocaust survivor.

many have them for many reasons. some wear them as tributes to fallen freinds or family members. some, simply because they like tattoos.

tattoos are sometimes if done right are artwork. some people later in life do regret getting one, but many like me have no regrets and simply see them as reminders of why they were put there in the first place. none of mine were spur of the moment tattoos, but were thought long and hard on before being done.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:25 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10
Body art is seldom art at all, but a way of marking one social class to stay put. WWII Germany for example, the POW camps tattooed prisoners. Prisoners today, mark themselves to show allegiance to one gang inside the prison.

For thousands of years, slave owners used markings on the skin, and piercings, to own human property. Like branding a cow today.

90% of the images in this thread prove one thing, but I am not going to be the one to say it.
This post proves something too....

DISCE PATI

Last edited by deadsp0t; 02-22-2013 at 03:34 AM.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:57 AM   #100
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
i have a few tattoos as well and they have personal meaning. i have never been in a gang or prison and know for sure that i am not a slave or a holocaust survivor.

many have them for many reasons. some wear them as tributes to fallen freinds or family members. some, simply because they like tattoos.

tattoos are sometimes if done right are artwork. some people later in life do regret getting one, but many like me have no regrets and simply see them as reminders of why they were put there in the first place. none of mine were spur of the moment tattoos, but were thought long and hard on before being done.
Many of mine are for life events or loved ones as well. I am a well educated woman but apparently we's be dumb trailer trash round these parts......;roll eyes;