New show "Justified"

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > New show "Justified"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 04:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default New show "Justified"

Starting in mid March, a new series starring Timothy Olyphant (Hit Man) is going to air on FX. He's going to be some cowboy hat wearing law man. I'm gonna check it out.

Anyone else?

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-24-2010, 04:46 PM   #2

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Could be good. He was pretty good in Deadwood, so I'll check it out.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:49 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I'll check it out. I loved Deadwood.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-24-2010, 04:50 PM   #4

I don't have cable or satellite but my dad does so I'll let him know.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:51 PM   #5

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm watching the second season of "Damages" right now and he plays one of the main characters. When I first saw him I thought, "Damn, what have I seen him in?" Now I know....Deadwood!

Old 02-24-2010, 04:55 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoyleTheDog View Post
Could be good. He was pretty good in Deadwood, so I'll check it out.
Amen to that!

Old 02-24-2010, 06:06 PM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I'll be checking it out, it looks good from the trailer we saw last weekend.

What I really want to see is a movie with him and Josh Dumel as some sort of buddy-buddy action flick. I swear those two guys are actually Dopplegangers.

josh_tim_l.jpg  

Old 02-24-2010, 06:12 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm going to check it out also but what I want to know is what the hell happened to Deadwood? I thought that was one of the coolest show I'd ever seen and then the big letdown. I think that is also part of the reason I have issues due to high anxiety. Dang, I must be a real mess.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:36 PM   #9

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
I'm going to check it out also but what I want to know is what the hell happened to Deadwood? I thought that was one of the coolest show I'd ever seen and then the big letdown. I think that is also part of the reason I have issues due to high anxiety. Dang, I must be a real mess.
This is what wiki says about the topic.

On May 13, 2006, HBO confirmed it had opted not to pick up the options of the actors, which were set to expire on June 11, 2006. This meant that a fourth season with the current cast as it stands was unlikely, though HBO had stressed that the show was not canceled and talks regarding its future were continuing. The chance of the show returning in its current state of cast and crew, however, was limited.

On June 5, 2006, HBO and creator David Milch agreed to make two two-hour television films in place of a fourth season, after Milch declined a short-order of 6 episodes. This was because in the show's original form, each season was only a few weeks in length, with each episode being one day, in the town of Deadwood. The final two-hour format would release these time restraints and allow for a broader narrative to finish off the series.

In a January 13, 2007, interview, David Milch stated that he still intends to finish the 2 films, if possible. On July 12, 2007, HBO executives admitted that producing the telefilms would be difficult and put the chances of their ever being made at "50-50."

Actor Ian McShane claimed in an interview on October 1, 2007, that the show sets were due to be dismantled and that the movies would not be made. Actors Jim Beaver and W. Earl Brown commented a day later that they considered the series to now be over.

In the March 17, 2009 episode of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, McShane repeated that 'Deadwood is dead'

Old 02-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks Dog.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.