New / Renewal United States Passport Application - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > New / Renewal United States Passport Application

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 03:48 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9736 Times on 4187 Posts
Likes Given: 1531

Did any of y'all click on the passport photo to enlarge it?

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:19 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 847 Times on 520 Posts
Likes Given: 1823

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Did any of y'all click on the passport photo to enlarge it?
Aye.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #13

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

My daughter and I both received our passports in todays mail. Our birth certificates also came today in separate envelopes. 3 weeks and a day, and we were told 6-8 weeks. Not bad for government work.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:06 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1300 Times on 632 Posts
Likes Given: 78

Does this mean Obama won't be able to renew his passport?

Old 04-07-2011, 12:21 AM   #15

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Does he have one? A real one I should add!

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:04 PM   #16
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2040 Times on 1194 Posts
Likes Given: 4391

This has being talked about on the web and not just from conservative sites; but, even the liberal.

I have posted the following link and a their comment how the got the DS-5513, they asked for from the contact information in the Federal Registrar.

Papers, Please! » Blog Archive » State Dept. proposes “Biographical Questionnaire” for passport applicants

[P.S. - To those who have been wondering if this is a hoax: We understand that it may seem fishy that the State Department chose to publish a notice in the Federal Register that it was proposing a new form, but didn't publish the proposed form itself in the Federal Register. But that was their choice of how to proceed, not ours. We were sent the proposed Form DS-5513 in March, in response to our request, by the person identified in the Federal Register notice as the point of contact from whom it could be obtained: Alexys Garcia, GarciaAA@state.gov, 212-736-9216. We immediately published the form we received from the State Department here on our website. There's more at the links in the sidebar on who we are and how to contact us, as well as links to press reports on our previous work and current projects. You can also check out the other co-signers of the comments we submitted to the State Department. We're for real, and so is this proposal from the State Department. We wish this were a hoax, but it's not.]

Old 04-26-2011, 06:18 PM   #17

Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

I guess I won't be renewing my passport when it expires as I have no intention of giving anybody my birth certificate. If the old passport that they issued me isn't good enough than too bad.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 04-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #18

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I am renewing right now and NOWHERE in the 4 pages of instructions or the two page official renewal does it say anything about my birth certificate being required.

Again.

NOWHERE in ANY of the forms!

More tinfoil BS!

It's $110 money order, a two page info form about you and a picture. You are required to send your expired/expiring passport back with the application however.

JD

Old 04-26-2011, 06:45 PM   #19

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

I just renewed, no birth certificate required. I sent them the application, my old passport, and $110 and had the new one in hand and the old one returned within 5 weeks.

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 04-26-2011, 06:50 PM   #20
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2040 Times on 1194 Posts
Likes Given: 4391

I remember initially getting both my civilian and government passport I had to give my birth certificate.

When I renewed in Germany at the American Consulate, I did not have to give up my birth certificate.

I have gone to the Department of State website, looking at the forums; but, since the comments have been closed as of midnight 25th April 2011. We are going to wait and see what comes out of this issue.

I do not have to renew my passport until 2014. It might be a good thing and might not!

One of our newly elected Congressman is having a meeting locally, will ask him on this matter. If they do force the biographical for any issue upon us, I for one will not be able to fill 1/5th of the information, all of my family are not living.