Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > New Purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 11:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New Purchase

Not sure if I put it in the correct place or not.

But I wanted to say thanks for the few days that I have been a member, I have learned a lot.

Last week I bought a XD40 tactical and today purchased a 10/22 with a Simmons 4X scope for my 10 yr. old son, he was speechless. He has been bugging me for a rifle for some time, especially since he shot his first deer this past season.

On Sat. the family went to a friends and for the first time my wife and 13 yr. old daughter actually shot the XD, neither had ever fired a GUN, except for the pellet rifle. I think I may have my wife hooked , she actually wants to "go shooting" some more! As far as the daughter goes, she is 13 ya know.

I was really torn between the 10/22 and the Rem. 597, but think I made the right choice, since my son will really enjoy customizing the Ruger.

Again, Thanks.
Mike

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-18-2009, 12:05 AM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Excellent News! Three new shooters in the family of lawful firearms owners. LOL

That's great Choctaw - the 10/22 is a great little gun and the customization options are pretty much endless.

Congrats on the new additions...

JD

Old 02-18-2009, 12:26 AM   #3

Liked 1413 Times on 807 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

PHOTOS OR THE SWORD!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello