New Military recruit training standards

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > New Military recruit training standards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 08:31 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default New Military recruit training standards

New Military Recruit Training Standards

WASHINGTON - (AP) In an effort to ensure proper training and readiness among the military services, Congress has approved the following changes to basic principles of recruit training:

HAIRCUTS:

Marines-heads will be shaved.
Army-flat-tops for all recruits.
Navy-no haircut standard.
Air Force-complete makeovers as seen on the Jenny Jones show.

TRAINING HOURS:

Marines-rise at 0500, train until 2000.
Army-rise at 0600, train until 1900.
Navy-rise at 0900, train until 1100, lunch til 1300, train till 1600.
Air Force-rise at 1000, breakfast in bed, lunch at 1200, nap at 1400, training ceases at 1500.

MEALS:

Marines-Meals-Ready-to-Eat 3 times a day.
Army-one hot meal, 2 MRE's.
Navy-3 hot meals.
Air Force-catered meals prepared by the Galloping Gourmet, Julia Childs, and Wolfgang Puck. All you can eat.

LEAVE and LIBERTY:

Marines-none.
Army-4 hours a week.
Navy-2 days a week.
Air Force-for every four hours of training, recruits will receive eight hours of leave and liberty.

PROTOCOL:

Marines-will address all officers as "Sir" and refer to the rank of all enlisted members when speaking to them (i.e. Sgt Smith).
Army-will address all officers as "Sir", unless they are friends, and will call all enlisted personnel Sarge.
Navy-will address all officers as Skipper, and all enlisted personnel as Chief.
Air Force-all Air Force personnel shall be on a first name basis with all other personnel.

DECORATIONS/AWARDS:

Marines-medals and badges are awarded for acts of gallantry and bravery.
Army-medals and badges are awarded for every bullet fired, hand grenade thrown, fitness test passed, and bed made.
Navy-will have ships engineers make medals for them as needed.
Air Force-will be issued all medals as they will most likely be awarded them at some point early in their careers.

CAMOUFLAGE UNIFORMS:

Marines-work uniform, to be worn only during training and in field situations.
Army-will wear it anytime, anywhere.
Navy-will not wear cammies, they do not camouflage you on a ship. Captains will make every effort to TRY to explain this to our sailors.
Air Force-will defeat the purpose of camouflage by putting blue and grey service chevrons and name tapes on them.

CAREER FIELDS:

Marines-all Marines shall be considered riflemen first and foremost.
Army-doesn't matter, all career fields promote to E-8 in first enlistment
Navy-nobody knows. Navy still trying figure out what all the SMC, BNC, BSN, and all the other ratings things are.
Air Force-every recruit will be trained in a manner that will allow them to leave the service early to go on to higher paying civilian jobs.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-19-2009, 11:39 AM   #2

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

THAT is going to be copied and posted by my desk. The majority of people I work with, including my lead tech and supervisor, are former "wing waxers" and many will get a kick out of this list. Not too sure about our projos (project officers) though, seeing as how they're active Air Force.

But, joke 'em if they can't take a f**k.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:28 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

As a former Airman, I take umbrage with the term "wing waxer". I prefer "Wing Nut".

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-19-2009, 05:24 PM   #4

I'm going to have to show this to my grandfather. He was a belly gunner in a B52 (I think) during World War 2 so he might get some humor from it.

Who says you can't get blood from a stone?
It all depends on how hard you hit them with it.

~me~

Old 10-19-2009, 10:47 PM   #5

Love it! +1

"the tree of liberty has to be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants...."

"on the seventh day god created the model 700 for killing dinosaurs."

Old 10-21-2009, 11:55 PM   #6

Funny how ppl who aren't in ANY military branch are the ones making all the jokes.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:29 AM   #7

a damned marine must have wrote it.(kidding) My dad was 20 yrs airforce(FLYBOYS) I was army my daughter is marine? and a nephew in the army.be proud and respect anybody who has served even if they are just flyboys.

if you dont shoot you dont hit,if you do shoot you might hit ..................... Once a soldier always a soldier A trp 1/7 cav

Old 10-22-2009, 03:25 AM   #8

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Funny how ppl who aren't in ANY military branch are the ones making all the jokes.
I'm not currently in any military branch. Ex-Army here. Father spent 30 years in the Corps which is what I grew up with. I'm quite sure many of the "jokers" are also former military. We can laugh and make jokes because we lived it.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:31 AM   #9

Liked 311 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCubed View Post
I'm going to have to show this to my grandfather. He was a belly gunner in a B52 (I think) during World War 2 so he might get some humor from it.
Probably a B-17 or B-24. B-52 didn't come around till the 1950's and it didn't have a belley gun.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:09 AM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon View Post
I'm not currently in any military branch. Ex-Army here. Father spent 30 years in the Corps which is what I grew up with. I'm quite sure many of the "jokers" are also former military. We can laugh and make jokes because we lived it.

I think all the defence branches have a time-honoured tradition of inter-service insulting...if a commando I know is anything to go by