Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   New member of the family (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/new-member-family-62726/)

MrWray 04-17-2012 04:59 PM

New member of the family

4 Attachment(s)
His name is "Hoot", he was brought from the Czech Republic and purchased for $15,000 from Oklahoma City PD. He is a dual purpose K9 "narcotics and suspect apprehension"but was taken off patrol by the PD because he wasnt aggressive enough. He was then auctioned and bought by a friend of mine that was a detention officer for the PD. She lives in a neighborhood with alot of kids and although he loves and is protective with her kids, shows aggression against strange people. She decided that since the neighborhood is pretty close together that the liability is there if he did bite someone,so she gave him to me because of my K9 handler background. He is a great dog and already loves my kids. Ive already started working with him and i can tell you that the PD made a bad decision by letting him go. He will get all the running around outside that he wants, but he will stay inside with us. He is a great addition to the family.

Attachment 43879

Attachment 43880

Attachment 43881

Attachment 43882

canebrake 04-17-2012 05:19 PM

Great snag!

The best dogs I've ever owned were the ones that came to me, not the ones I went looking and spending cash money on.

What a bargain. ;)

MrWray 04-17-2012 05:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A better pic
Attachment 43894

MrWray 04-17-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake
Great snag!

The best dogs I've ever owned were the ones that came to me, not the ones I went looking and spending cash money on.

What a bargain. ;)

Thanks cane, i am super excited to get him. I was pretty devestated whenever my K9 partner "Buddy" was killed and even now dont like talking about it. Hoot brings back alot of good memories

downsouth 04-17-2012 05:32 PM

Very nice addition! How old is he and is he a belgian malinois?

MrWray 04-17-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downsouth
Very nice addition! How old is he and is he a belgian malinois?

thank ya sir,He is a 3 1/2 year old shepard

MrWray 04-17-2012 05:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Attachment 43899

Attachment 43900

dog2000tj 04-17-2012 05:42 PM

Congratulations on your new found family member :)

downsouth 04-17-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWray

thank ya sir,He is a 3 1/2 year old shepard

That is a perfect age. Already trained too. Now you can contract him to parents to find juniors stash in the teenagers bedroom. Huh?

MrWray 04-17-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downsouth

That is a perfect age. Already trained too. Now you can contract him to parents to find juniors stash in the teenagers bedroom. Huh?

I already know that he is an aggressive alert and not passive. My friend said that one of her neighbors called her one day and told her to come and get him because Hoot had her teenage son cornered up and wouldnt let him move. Come to find out, he had a bag of weed in his pocket. Lol