New Hobo Jungles - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > New Hobo Jungles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

No good deed goes unpunished.

Familiarity breeds contempt.

Like a stray dog you might want to feed it once but not keep it. They've already shown they are criminals. Their desparation ends here where exactly now? Are the individuals sharing already or will they all want some now as word spreads? And perhaps they'll want some more of what-else? How many of them, because some statistically speaking, are mentally challenged, drug dealers/addicts, and illegal aliens!?

YOU may have crossed a line you should not have. Charity is excellent. And I encourage it here. Invest in an extra bag of Purina Chicken Chow once a quarter and hatch a few extra chicks for them if you like, but drop the eggs off from the road or turn the chicks over and drop off the chow... But caution them not to steal. That's a breach of the firewall of civil society and safety you should not tolerate. I hope it's not too late to put the genie back in the bottle and that this ends well...

Set up an at least 5-megapixel infra-red game camera out of reach and get photos or video by the way -- I use two for a property I own to surveil who comes and goes when. Sadly, the pictures may be necessary as evidence some day.

Last edited by HockaLouis; 04-17-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #12

Liked 2143 Times on 1175 Posts
Likes Given: 1390

That is such a tough situation to be in. I would not let someone go hungry if I knew they were really in need and I could help. I am not talking about the hard core homeless. People that have chosen to live like that get no respect from me. However, there are hard working people that can not make ends meet. And lets not forget about the guy that just got laid off after 10 years of dedicated service.

One time I was out im my parking lot shoveling snow and ice. It was terrible. It was like a giant ice rink. As we were working a homeless guy came walking up. I told the maintenance man that we could not use anyone that was not an employee because of the risk of injury. But that if he asked if he could help I would give him a few dollars. Instead the guy asked for a handout. We were both disgusted and gave him nothing.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #13
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3443 Times on 1971 Posts
Likes Given: 1498

When I see a panhandler and their dog jump into a SUV at the end of the day, I get a little irritated.

But to have someone ask me for something in exchange for work or such, I have gladly given without seeking a return.

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)
Doc3402 Likes This 
Old 04-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #14

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Humm? The Food Stamp program is handing out the most free food in history. Drug and alcohol abuse at an all time high. Home invasion and personal assaults on the increase. Illegal aliens are needed to fill jobs that Americans refuse to do?
danf_fl Likes This 
Old 04-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3359 Times on 1739 Posts
Likes Given: 354

The vast majority of the "hobos" have serious mental health issues. They self medicate with alcohol and drugs. Even if the ones currently taking the eggs are "sane", they will eventually associate with those who are not. The trickle down effect ccould be disasterous. Exercise caution.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #16

Liked 88 Times on 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbomar4 View Post
I would feed a begger before a thief anyday. You steal from me and bad things will happen. If you ask kindly and are really in need I will give as much as I can. A thief is one of the lowest forms of life.
And some beggar's are thieves I once gave money to a hobo a while back in the street where he usually sits with his dog. Later on I see him get changed in an alley way next to his series 5 BMW that he got into. I should have known his dog looked well fed!!. we Live and learn

Old 04-18-2013, 12:50 AM   #17

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

I shared this thread's story with a friendly colleague in Canada today. It was like she was reading along and reading my own mind. She actually surmised that ultimately the sheer numbers of "hobos" working together against our good samaritan could be a concern. I immediately responded that there is a reason for high capacity gun magazines then. She paused, laughed, and said "you always know when you're talking to a U.S. client*."

God bless America and the conservative filibuster!

*I'm still not sure when they use that term if they look at us as "internal customers" or "mental patients."

Last edited by HockaLouis; 04-18-2013 at 12:52 AM.

Newest Threads