New Gun Related Resource
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > New Gun Related Resource

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 09:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default New Gun Related Resource

I found the following recently. A good resource if you're looking at purchasing a new firearm. http://www.whichgun.com/

cut and pasted from http://www.whichgun.com/

On April 15th, http://www.whichgun.com/ , a firearms reference and buying guide that I have been working on as a personal project. Some TFL members had done some testing prior to launch, and I've received feedback from other visitors about small bugs and glitches. These are all fixed, so I am very proud to announce that WhichGun.com is open and ready.

The firearms directory contains information, specifications, photos, user ratings, and user comments on over 1,000 firearms, with more added daily. If you need help choosing your next gun, WhichGun.com can certainly help to narrow down your list of possibilities, and perhaps guide you towards models that you had not previously heard of or considered.

The semi-automatic pistols directory is complete, and the revolvers directory is about 75% complete (I have all current S&W, Ruger, and Taurus revolvers in the database). I expect all 4 sections (pistols, revolvers, rifles, and shotguns) to be complete within 2 weeks.

After the firearms directory is finished, the next step is articles, followed by a directory of local FFL's, shooting ranges, gunsmiths, etc.

Any comments, suggestions, and constructive criticism is appreciated -- please contact me at info@whichgun.com and let me know your thoughts about the site. I know I need to improve the filtering/searching system, as it is currently limited to only one filter option at a time. You can search for all full-size pistols, all SIG Sauer pistols, or all 9x19mm pistols, but you cannot search for all full-size 9x19mm SIG Sauer pistols. This improvement is already on my to-do list for the site.

Thanks again, and I hope that many find WhichGun.com useful.

-Justin L. Franks
Owner, WhichGun.com

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- Unknown author -- Falsely attributed to George Washington --
Patriot Guard Rider

Last edited by hogrider; 05-16-2011 at 09:46 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-16-2011, 10:04 AM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2873 Times on 1660 Posts
Likes Given: 1236

I, for one, do not enjoy "pop-ups" when closing another window.

That is a reason for me to stay away.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 05-16-2011, 10:25 AM   #3

I don't understand. I just cut and pasted an announcement on a gun related resource for looking at different firearms in one place. If there is something wrong it's probably my fault not this other guys. At any rate, he should be made aware of what it is you don't like. Please explain for me cause I think it's probably the cut and paste.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- Unknown author -- Falsely attributed to George Washington --
Patriot Guard Rider

Old 05-16-2011, 04:04 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

He's saying he's getting pop-ups after closing pages at the site. I didn't get any pop-ups or pop-unders from visiting the site or the Impact Guns site and I didn't get any blocked pop-up messages from my browser. So it may not be the web site.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:55 AM   #5

Hello everyone,

I am the owner of WhichGun.com, a personal project of mine (I'm a professional web developer and database administrator) that I've worked on for some time.

There are no pop-ups or pop-unders used anywhere on WhichGun.com, and there never will be. If you are getting pop-ups while browsing my site, you most likely have a spyware or virus infection on your computer.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:35 AM   #6

Justin, did you notice your clickable logo did not get pasted from the cut and paste. It should have. Maybe there is some kind of residual stuff hanging around from that.

Patriot Guard Rider

Old 05-17-2011, 06:58 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry5081 View Post
Justin, did you notice your clickable logo did not get pasted from the cut and paste. It should have. Maybe there is some kind of residual stuff hanging around from that.
The linked logo just didn't transfer from the site, but you can add it manually. A lot of pictures won't transfer with just the copy and paste function when it's combined with text, although it works fine when it's pasted into Microsoft Word.

Copied from The High Road.

Quote:
On April 15th, I launched WhichGun.com, a firearms reference and buying guide that I have been working on as a personal project. Some TFL members had done some testing prior to launch, and I've received feedback from other visitors about small bugs and glitches. These are all fixed, so I am very proud to announce that WhichGun.com is open and ready.

The firearms directory contains information, specifications, photos, user ratings, and user comments on over 1,000 firearms, with more added daily. If you need help choosing your next gun, WhichGun.com can certainly help to narrow down your list of possibilities, and perhaps guide you towards models that you had not previously heard of or considered.

The semi-automatic pistols directory is complete, and the revolvers directory is about 75% complete (I have all current S&W, Ruger, and Taurus revolvers in the database). I expect all 4 sections (pistols, revolvers, rifles, and shotguns) to be complete within 2 weeks.

After the firearms directory is finished, the next step is articles, followed by a directory of local FFL's, shooting ranges, gunsmiths, etc.

Any comments, suggestions, and constructive criticism is appreciated -- please contact me at info@whichgun.com and let me know your thoughts about the site. I know I need to improve the filtering/searching system, as it is currently limited to only one filter option at a time. You can search for all full-size pistols, all SIG Sauer pistols, or all 9x19mm pistols, but you cannot search for all full-size 9x19mm SIG Sauer pistols. This improvement is already on my to-do list for the site.

Thanks again, and I hope that many TFL members find WhichGun.com useful.

-Justin L. Franks
Owner, WhichGun.com
info@whichgun.com

Please check out WhichGun.com, a firearms reference and buying guide.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:06 AM   #8

The shotguns section is now active, with all currently-produced Mossberg models in the database. I'm working on adding Remington shotguns now, after which I'll work on other shotgun manufacturers (Benelli, Ruger, Beretta, etc.).