New (FREE) Classified Website to Buy/Sell Firearms In-State
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > New (FREE) Classified Website to Buy/Sell Firearms In-State

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2007, 06:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default New (FREE) Classified Website to Buy/Sell Firearms In-State

I wanted to alert you that yesterday we opened a FREE classified site dedicated to helping people buy or sell firearms from/to people IN THEIR OWN STATE. As it turns out, it's legal in MANY states to buy/sell/trade firearms between INDIVIDUALS without having to register the transaction nor to report it to any government agency. Many people don't know that.

(Of course, there ARE precautions the seller should take to protect himself/herself in case of illegal use of the weapon, like get a photocopy of driver's license, a signed receipt for the weapon, etc., which can be found elsewhere online.)

At any rate, for anyone interested, you can visit the IN-STATE FIREARMS SALES classified website at:

http://www.internet-grocer.net/cgi/classif/classifieds.cgi

As I said, it's brand new, so firearms-for-sale are scarce at the moment, but feel free to post a firearm-for-sale, or a want-to-buy. There is NO CHARGE for this service, not even for posting a photo .... once the site becomes known, I think it will be a valuable resource, so please tell your friends!

Best wishes to all!

Bruce Hopkins
Best Prices Storable Foods
http://www.internet-grocer.net
foodstr2 AT gmail.com

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-12-2007, 03:48 AM   #2
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 701 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Interesting post. Why don't you tell us about yourself and what you do for a living.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 11-12-2007, 05:03 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
Interesting post. Why don't you tell us about yourself and what you do for a living.
You haven't checked out his website yet?

He does offer "fresh dehydrated squirrel" on his website though.

Last edited by matt g; 11-12-2007 at 05:06 AM.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:01 AM   #4
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

I have and that's why I ask. Curious to know more esp. on how large scale an operation it is. If that's a picture of his warehouse it seems like he's got a pretty vibrant business happening.

Old 11-16-2007, 03:26 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Hi, Notdku,

I tried adding to my profile just now, but it wouldn't allow enough characters to relate all this.

Wife and I have been selling storable foods since 1994 (b/c of Clinton fears. You can read more at http://www.internet-grocer.net/company.html) and took the business online in 1996. You can see what our original site looked like at http://www.internet-grocer.net/original.htm if you have an historical bent....

That humble website produced $1.6MM in sales in 1999 b/c of Y2K panic. Our bank "confiscated" $600,000 b/c they were afraid of chargebacks if nothing happened when the clock turned over.... (we were able to get 1/2 of that back and were able to stay in business). We were also able to buy about 17 acres of land, put a house on it and erect a 30' x 36' warehouse for product, as well as buy a used 14' box truck for pickups and deliveries. So, "God was good to us" in spite of the bank.

In 2000, we did about $30K in sales and I had to get a real job 1/2 way through the year. My wife, Phyllis, continued running the storable food business, and does to this day with part-time help from her daughter, Allison and grandson, Joel. (Dozens, maybe hundreds, of storable food "businesses" sprang up to "rake it in" for Y2K, and they went away just as quickly....)

With the innovations we've implemented in the storable foods industry (read about them at the above link), we now average $500K in sales/year. A lot of people misunderstand here: That's not what we MAKE, that's our sales. We don't mark product up as high as the "big boys" and so take home a lot less. But the only year we showed a loss was in 2000, because of the bank problem. We've been in the black for the other 12 years.

Our website has about 125 pages on it, total. While I've read that most people browsing the internet spend, on average, 18 seconds on a site, people who find us average 3 1/2 minutes on our pages. There's certainly enough to read there!

It's truly a niche market as only 1/2 of 1 percent of Americans PREPARE for any disaster. We're growing slowly as we cater more and more to campers and people sailing around-the-world.

We're conservative in our politics (have REAL concerns about present-day Republicans!), are Christians, and I--at least--am conservative there too, having gotten an excellent Bible education at the Sunset School of Preaching ('72-'75).

When I learned that no one was trying to help individuals team up with other individuals buy/sell firearms within their own state, I bought a classified ad program to do that and put up the page last Saturday. It's at http://www.internet-grocer.net/cgi/classif/classifieds.cgi

When it becomes big enough, I'll remove the 6 non-firearm categories.

It's a FREE service. We're hoping that enough people will be interested in the storable foods side of our business that the increased sales will help maintain the firearm site....and we can keep it free. You folks can help by spreading the word about the firearm site....

I hope that helps satiate your curiosity.... Feel free to write me with any questions or for more info or clarifications.

Bruce Hopkins
The Internet Grocer dba Best Prices Storable Foods
http://www.internet-grocer.net
foodstr2 AT gmail.com

Old 11-16-2007, 06:18 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I had no idea the market was so large, I apologize for giving you a hard time. I guess that I just take it for granted that I live so close to unspoiled wilderness that is teeming with wildlife and that I know that wilderness well enough to keep a group of people alive indefinitely and that I have the equipment to do it comfortably.

You guys carry Mountain House stuff?

Old 11-17-2007, 05:14 AM   #7
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Thanks for posting that. Glad to know more about your business, found it very interesting reading through your website. Good to hear you guys are doing good despite the problems. I strongly support small businesses, back bone of America. If you want to post any specials or new products feel free to use our Vendor forum to post them in.

orangello Likes This 
Old 04-23-2009, 04:59 PM   #8

Foodstr,

Looks like a nice place you have there.

Gives me ideas for another page for the site, a survival link maybe, have to ponder......