New folks- Please read this!!! - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > New folks- Please read this!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 06:07 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

Future Marine in the making

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
Sounds like it to me,I was watching a video one time of a marine unit training with a army unit. And they asked a few members of each branch what they thought of the other. The resounding message from the army guys was that, "those F-ing marines are a$$es,just come in our training grounds... tearing up our equipment and local bars we go to,man they break everything they touch. Plus is it that hard to call in air support right the first time?" Or that was the jist of it anyways

For the marines it was " oh? What those army guys? They're alright I guess,kinda feel sorry for em though they got s*** for equipment. Oh yea and there fun to drink with for the first half of the night anyways,after they cant keep up. And what was up with their air support? It was all over the place..."

Old 02-02-2012, 06:23 AM   #32
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1770 Times on 1090 Posts
Likes Given: 9813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Yup. While I am more than happy to tear into a new machine, or gun or whatever, the computer is another thing. I am reluctant to click on stuff that I don't know about. Apparently I am a minority. Can I apply for benefits? (just kidding folks!)
You ain't alone on that. I'm still learning as well when It comes to forums and the internet. From time to time I still wonder, "What does that tab do?"
Then the Voice in my head screams"DON'T DO THAT!" Good thing I can ignore that voice from time to time, otherwise I'd never learn anything new.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:22 AM   #33

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong

Sounds like it to me,I was watching a video one time of a marine unit training with a army unit. And they asked a few members of each branch what they thought of the other. The resounding message from the army guys was that, "those F-ing marines are a$$es,just come in our training grounds... tearing up our equipment and local bars we go to,man they break everything they touch. Plus is it that hard to call in air support right the first time?" Or that was the jist of it anyways

For the marines it was " oh? What those army guys? They're alright I guess,kinda feel sorry for em though they got s*** for equipment. Oh yea and there fun to drink with for the first half of the night anyways,after they cant keep up. And what was up with their air support? It was all over the place..."
They cant keep up and they CANT call in good air support. Heaven help the poor marines if the army is callin their arty support for em. They dont know how to read a map for **** anymore

Old 02-02-2012, 07:51 AM   #34

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Danger close = on my position
Only way to know your still alive. On the upside, call in danger close to an army arty unit, and they'll hit the enemy a klick away!

Old 02-02-2012, 08:18 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Only way to know your still alive. On the upside, call in danger close to an army arty unit, and they'll hit the enemy a klick away!
Dang skippy

Old 02-02-2012, 08:23 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
And heaven forbid you call danger close illumination to an army guy cuz theyll drop a HE round on your head

Old 02-02-2012, 08:29 AM   #37
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1770 Times on 1090 Posts
Likes Given: 9813

Just remember guys, The only difference between the Army and the boy scouts is..... artillery.

Just kidding.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #38

Liked 72 Times on 42 Posts

Im glad you guys keep it between the army and marines. .

Old 02-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintsplat
Im glad you guys keep it between the army and marines. .
Oh the navy sucks to since all they do is sit on their little boats and say how the war would be over by mow if they were allowed to fight

Old 02-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #40

Liked 72 Times on 42 Posts

I agree with that too