New folks- Please read this!!! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > New folks- Please read this!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 05:45 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
Heck, this old fool didn't even notice them things until now! Never touch things if I don't know what they're supposed to do. I'm a simple man, not to be confused with simple-minded (I hope). I wish I knew how to use the multi-quote tab though.

C3, are you off the meds or something? Do you know what you have done by starting this thread?
Select each one you want in the quote the hit reply and it should give you a multiquote reply

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 02-01-2012, 05:55 AM   #12
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7319 Times on 4403 Posts
Likes Given: 8987

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Did not say not to use the thumbs down- just to use it for its intended purpose. We have some folks trying to use it to respond to a post. Couple of folks were using it on their OWN posts. NO, it does not make the screen scroll up and down.

W-O-C, no separate place. Look over to the right side, bottom of screen, NEAR the REPLY button. For instance, I post that I think that anyone that works in a hospital must be a liberal, left wing commie pinko tool of the oppressors and is obviously part of the plan to ban tinfoil, capguns, and floridate our water. And that Ruger pistols suck.

Well that one should probably get a thumbs down.

Rugers don't suck.
I see the difference between the "!" and the thumbs down. But can they be used interchangably? I think you said the thumbs down will bring a mod running from the poker table to see what's up. I use the "!" when I want to report a post. Can I use the thumbs down instead?

Thank you for your reply.

Sincerely,
a liberal, left wing commie pinko tool of the oppressors and is obviously part of the plan to ban tinfoil, capguns, and floridate our water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
what is the line between thumbs down and the emergency triangle? I understand spam and flat out stupid troll...
Yeah, I don't get the difference either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Heck, this old fool didn't even notice them things until now! Never touch things if I don't know what they're supposed to do. I'm a simple man, not to be confused with simple-minded (I hope). I wish I knew how to use the multi-quote tab though.

C3, are you off the meds or something? Do you know what you have done by starting this thread?
Vikingdad, the multiquote is the " button right next to the "quote" button. Click the " for each post you want to multiquote the hit "reply" and they will all appear in your reply box.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:04 AM   #13
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1606 Times on 985 Posts
Likes Given: 8495

Quote:

Multi-quote. Click on multi Q on fist post to be quoted, Scroll to the next to be qouted, click on multi again. When you get to the last one you wan't to quote, click on the regular quote button. All Quotes will be in your post in the order you clicked them. Hope this helps Dad. Will put the next post in as an example.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 02-01-2012, 06:08 AM   #14
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1606 Times on 985 Posts
Likes Given: 8495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Select each one you want in the quote the hit reply and it should give you a multiquote reply

Click multi Q tab

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I see the difference between the "!" and the thumbs down. But can they be used interchangably? I think you said the thumbs down will bring a mod running from the poker table to see what's up. I use the "!" when I want to report a post. Can I use the thumbs down instead?

Thank you for your reply.

Sincerely,
a liberal, left wing commie pinko tool of the oppressors and is obviously part of the plan to ban tinfoil, capguns, and floridate our water.

Yeah, I don't get the difference either.

Vikingdad, the multiquote is the " button right next to the "quote" button. Click the " for each post you want to multiquote the hit "reply" and they will all appear in your reply box.
Click quote tab. You may have to use your browser's back button after the first one as well.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 02-01-2012, 06:22 AM   #15
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8454 Times on 4898 Posts
Likes Given: 11022

Ok. Is this working? or not

Old 02-01-2012, 06:23 AM   #16

Apparently not.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:26 AM   #17

I click on the multi-quote icon and it turns red (I run out of the room--- not), I have tried to copy and paste but that doesn't work. I am such a Luddite.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:29 AM   #18

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
I click on the multi-quote icon and it turns red (I run out of the room--- not), I have tried to copy and paste but that doesn't work. I am such a Luddite.
I seriously doubt thats what you are viking

Old 02-01-2012, 07:02 AM   #19
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7319 Times on 4403 Posts
Likes Given: 8987

Quote:
Yes, it'll turn red. Then the next one you want to multiquote will turn red, too. Then hit reply and they will show up in your reply box.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Vikingdad, here is what I do:

If you want to multiquote two things:

1. Hit the multiquote button one time on the first thing you want to quote, so it turns red.

2. Hit the quote button on the second thing you want to quote.

3. Type in whatever you like.

4. Hit 'submit reply.'

If you want to multiquote more than two things:

1. Hit the multiquote button one time on the first thing you want to quote, so it turns red.

2. Hit the multiquote button one time on the next thing you want to quote, so it turns red. Do this for each additional thing you want to quote, except for the last one.

3. Hit the quote button on the last thing you want to quote.

4. Type in whatever you like.

5. Hit 'submit reply.'

I had to play around with the buttons one day to figure this out, lol...