Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > New folks- Please read this!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 04:39 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8387 Times on 3629 Posts
Likes Given: 1291

Default New folks- Please read this!!!

Lately there have been some headaches with new folks pushing buttons as they find their way through the forum. Sort of like confusing the lightswitch and the fire alarm. To save some wear and tear on the aged, doddering moderators (some of whom may be considering calling in a napalm strike on your house) this is what a few buttons are for-

When you are READING a post- over to the lower left, there is a triangle with an ! in it. If the post is from a vanadal, a spammer, etc, you can click that symbol, and the wrath of the heavens shall descend on them with a mighty vengance.

On the lower right, there is a thumbs up and thumbs down icon. If you really like and agree with what somone said, click the thumbs up. They will get an anonymous message from Admin that someone approved of what they had to say.

If someone is WAY out of bounds (their post is unacceptable behavior) the thumbs DOWN icon sends a message to the mods. We will come look at the post (as soon as the poker game in the Moderator Lounge finishes) do what we need to do with the post/poster, and hose down the blood. Do NOT use the "thumbs" to reply to a message, or we will come glue your thumbs to your ears with LocTite.

If you need help navigating in the system, ask any of us. But quit pulling the fire alarm unless the building really IS on fire- OK?

Love and kisses- C3

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-31-2012, 02:57 PM   #2
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6744 Times on 4074 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Sort of like confusing the lightswitch and the fire alarm. Love and kisses- C3
I confuse those two at work all the time, too. And they don't like when I do that, either.

In all seriousness, though, is the "thumbs down" button the same as the "exclamation point" button?

Old 01-31-2012, 08:05 PM   #3

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

i'm confused

so you don't want us to use the thumbs down button? Then why is it there?

Old 02-01-2012, 01:04 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8387 Times on 3629 Posts
Likes Given: 1291

Did not say not to use the thumbs down- just to use it for its intended purpose. We have some folks trying to use it to respond to a post. Couple of folks were using it on their OWN posts. NO, it does not make the screen scroll up and down.

W-O-C, no separate place. Look over to the right side, bottom of screen, NEAR the REPLY button. For instance, I post that I think that anyone that works in a hospital must be a liberal, left wing commie pinko tool of the oppressors and is obviously part of the plan to ban tinfoil, capguns, and floridate our water. And that Ruger pistols suck.

Well that one should probably get a thumbs down.

Rugers don't suck.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:27 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Any chance of these things being added to the mobile app? There has been quite a few times I wanted to use the "thumbs up" button.. but it is not available.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 02-01-2012, 01:44 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 758 Times on 465 Posts
Likes Given: 156

what is the line between thumbs down and the emergency triangle? I understand spam and flat out stupid troll...

Old 02-01-2012, 04:03 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I think you just use that emergance button for spammers, 100% obvious trolls, really obscene pics/videos and words, threats, illigal activity, and people just loosing their mind and going off on everyone for nothing. the thumbs down is for people who are being azzhats. Correct me if I'm wrong c3.

Beware the BAN STICK!

Old 02-01-2012, 04:19 AM   #8

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
I think you just use that emergance button for spammers, 100% obvious trolls, really obscene pics/videos and words, threats, illigal activity, and people just loosing their mind and going off on everyone for nothing. the thumbs down is for people who are being azzhats. Correct me if I'm wrong c3.

Beware the BAN STICK!
Where did you find a pic of c3 in action? I thought that was a n2n thing???

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 02-01-2012, 04:20 AM   #9

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja
Any chance of these things being added to the mobile app? There has been quite a few times I wanted to use the "thumbs up" button.. but it is not available.
Same here, the mobile app doesnt have any of the mentioned icons,just a few select options

forumrunner_20120131_231923.jpg

forumrunner_20120131_231943.jpg

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 02-01-2012, 04:42 AM   #10
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7736 Times on 4468 Posts
Likes Given: 9983

Heck, this old fool didn't even notice them things until now! Never touch things if I don't know what they're supposed to do. I'm a simple man, not to be confused with simple-minded (I hope). I wish I knew how to use the multi-quote tab though.

C3, are you off the meds or something? Do you know what you have done by starting this thread?