New Fitness Thread - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > New Fitness Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 05:27 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Did an a**load of circuit training. I plan on running this afternoon, but I'll see how it goes. I'm hoping to get at least 3 miles in. Busy day, though.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:38 PM   #22

Likes Given: 2

I ate a whole pizza for lunch then played Call of Duty: World at War for 3 hours............... I'm hungry again.........

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 08-20-2009, 05:47 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Since we've moved I've been kinda lazy. I usually work out 4 days a week, I do 2-3 miles on a treadmil and 45min to an hour of weights after. The longest rest I take is a walk to the water fountain between sets.
I can definately tell that I've been slack and once my wife settles into her new job and our funds settle out I plan to join another gym.
Right now I've been doing body weight stuff at the house, push ups, pull ups, dips, reverse push ups, etc...and running 2 or so miles 3 days a week.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 08-20-2009, 05:55 PM   #24

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I've been drinking a lot and eating wrong the past week, some friends were going back to the US (I manage a non-profit where I'm the only Argentine) so we had a couple of going away parties. A good friend of mine left for Durban yesterday, so I also spent a lot of time with her on her last week here and my training schedule suffered (I'm not going to see her for 6 weeks, so it was worth it).

Now I'm back working out with a personal trainer three times a week, and about to start going to an MMA gym where all the students are either coaches or competition fighters. So I should get my ass kicked rather often, but I'll learn a lot.

I managed to get my hands on some cool gym equipment some friends and relatives bought and never used, so I've added some good weight lifting routines to my work outs.

I'm a VERY lazy man, so I'm enormously happy to have been able to keep up with a good training schedule this year. Last June I was over 140 kilos, now I'm just a hair under 100 kilos and much stronger. Not bad considering I'm not doing any crazy dieting, just reduced beer and sweets.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:42 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Franciscomv hit on a very improtant subject. Diet. The #1 thing that will kill your testosterone level is alcohol. It does absolutely nothing good for you. Remove it from your diet and in 30 days or less you'll see a difference. I speak from experience on this one.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 08-20-2009, 10:49 PM   #26

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Managed to fit in a nice 2 mile run this afternoon. It's not much, but it was still a decent workout in the hot weather, and with a 20lb backpack on.

Got a few compliments along the way. I was in my USAF PT gear, and I was told that I represent the force well. Feel good whenever I get a compliment like that. Makes me want to run another 10 miles, then fly over to Iraq to end the war once and for all...lol.

I'm still fit enough to give some of the young troops a run for their money in the field, so I'm happy (31 years old in the combat military world is considered old).

Old 08-21-2009, 12:26 AM   #27

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
I'm still fit enough to give some of the young troops a run for their money in the field, so I'm happy (31 years old in the combat military world is considered old).

Hooahh!! Miller I agree. I am 21 years your senior, never felt better, let's both us show them sand turds what real men can do with just a fork, knife and a hard case ball point pen. I am proud of your dedication and commitment to the cause TSGT.

P.S. I do not run with a backpack anymore, use a weighted vest now, easier on my lower back and the weight is distributed evenly over your upper body and you can add or subtract weight in 5 lb increments when needed. Vest can weigh up to 60 lbs.

Jack............

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Last edited by IGETEVEN; 08-21-2009 at 02:29 AM.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:00 AM   #28

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
I am proud of your dedication and commitment to the cause SSGT
...I can tell you are Army...lol. An E-6 in the USAF is a Technical Sergeant. An E-5 is a Staff Sergeant.

...(sniff) I've been demoted.........

I've been looking for a good belly band for my backpack so I can increase the weight. I want to be running around with about 50 pounds or so.

P.S. I don't need a fork. That's what sticks are for. I don't need a knife. That's what sharp rocks are for......

Last edited by SGT-MILLER; 08-21-2009 at 02:02 AM.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:11 AM   #29

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
...I can tell you are Army...lol. An E-6 in the USAF is a Technical Sergeant. An E-5 is a Staff Sergeant.

...(sniff) I've been demoted.........
Sorry Bro, didn't mean to demote you, I was trying to give credit where credit was due. TSgt. Miller it shall be and if I had the power it would be Master Sergeant Miller.

Jack..................

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-21-2009, 02:28 AM   #30

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Franciscomv hit on a very improtant subject. Diet. The #1 thing that will kill your testosterone level is alcohol. It does absolutely nothing good for you. Remove it from your diet and in 30 days or less you'll see a difference. I speak from experience on this one.
Spittinfire, you're right, as much as I love good wine, fine single malt scotch and beer, cutting down on alcohol was probably the best choice I've made in a long time. I keep eating more or less like I've always have, but I limit my alcohol intake to special occasions.

I used to be a VERY heavy drinker, maybe somebody who didn't drink as much to begin with wouldn't notice such a big change as I have.