Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > New Fitness Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 06:18 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterner123 View Post
did some arms today. 5 sets of 5 on bench at 185. then 5 sets of 5 for dumbell press with 70s. then 3 sets of 5 with inclined bench at 135. later today i have the first day of football practice of the season!
Is this High School or College ball son? It sounds like HS, right?

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 21

its high school. i am in my junior year. we've been liftin weights and running all summer. but due to our rules in our state, we cannot have the coaches and us on a field with a football. so we use a rugby ball and have weight lifting sessions.

"I only regret I have but one life to lose for my country" Nathan Hale

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:04 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Today I lifted a spoon from my raisin bran about forty reps of one. Took a five hour cooling session and then power lifted two hotdogs (all beef) and one can of pepsi(diet) in successive steps. I have been continuing my light sprint of fingers across my keyboard. I think it's getting tired.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
Today I lifted a spoon from my raisin bran about forty reps of one. Took a five hour cooling session and then power lifted two hotdogs (all beef) and one can of pepsi(diet) in successive steps. I have been continuing my light sprint of fingers across my keyboard. I think it's getting tired.
LMAO, that's so awesome! Today I did 36 reps of bench at 145, 24 reps of decline press at 145, 36 calf raises with 200lbs, 36 curls at 75lbs, 36 skull crushers at 50 lbs, and some other stuff I don't remember. I do 3 sets of 12. I didn't do cardio, laziness. Oh well. Gonna start p90x soon.

Smith&Wesson M&P .45
Beretta 92fs

NRA member since November 16, 2009

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."-V

Old 08-20-2009, 01:55 AM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default practice

Practice was AMAZING. I did a half hour set of conditioning drills in the 95 degree heat, always good for working up a sweat. Then we moved to the individual stations. At the end we did ten 40 yard sprints, eight 20 yard sprints, and two 330 meter laps. Sprint the long part of the field jog the short half (run 100, jog/fast walk 50). I feel awesome. A good tired. I'm workin out and doin the same thing just about everyday until... thanksgiving. Then football ends, and winter regimine and hunting begins.

On a side note, I feel playing football is a good way to prepare for the military. It has all the marks of a good foundation. Hard work. Always pushing yourself. Discipline. Leadership skills. Learning to work as a team. Aggressiveness. Desire. Determination. Intelligence. Reaction skills; performing under presssure. It's not at the level of intensity (at least I don't think so) of the military, but a good base and a place to start.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:02 AM   #16

Quote:
Practice was AMAZING. I did a half hour set of conditioning drills in the 95 degree heat, always good for working up a sweat. Then we moved to the individual stations. At the end we did ten 40 yard sprints, eight 20 yard sprints, and two 330 meter laps. Sprint the long part of the field jog the short half (run 100, jog/fast walk 50). I feel awesome. A good tired. I'm workin out and doin the same thing just about everyday until... thanksgiving. Then football ends, and winter regimine and hunting begins.

On a side note, I feel playing football is a good way to prepare for the military. It has all the marks of a good foundation. Hard work. Always pushing yourself. Discipline. Leadership skills. Learning to work as a team. Aggressiveness. Desire. Determination. Intelligence. Reaction skills; performing under presssure. It's not at the level of intensity (at least I don't think so) of the military, but a good base and a place to start.

You are Indeed correct in your thinking Easterner. Keep up the positive attitude and motivation. What position you trying for on the team?

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

Old 08-20-2009, 03:09 AM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Helped teach the kids judo class today (that's a workout in itself,lol). Afterwards I spent the next two hours working on Ne Waza (ground techniques) including pins/escapes, chokes/escapes, armlocks/escapes with randori (free practice). The guy I was paired with had 30lbs on me so working the escapes was rough with him laying on me. (save the gay remarks)

Martial arts a few times a week along with weightlifting and biking is what I do to stay in shape anymore.

Good job Sarge and everyone!

Old 08-20-2009, 12:49 PM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
You are Indeed correct in your thinking Easterner. Keep up the positive attitude and motivation. What position you trying for on the team?

Jack
Well, this year I will be trying out for offensive end and guard. On defense, I will be going for a linebacker position. I've been trained in outside and inside alignments but I want middle linebacker the most. We are going to run a 4-3 this year.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:13 PM   #19

Quote:
Well, this year I will be trying out for offensive end and guard. On defense, I will be going for a linebacker position. I've been trained in outside and inside alignments but I want middle linebacker the most. We are going to run a 4-3 this year.
Awesome, keep motivated and sharp. Linebacker is my favorite defensive position, I am bias though, I played that position, inside and outside also, all four years in High School and earned a football scholarship to play it in college. I guess I was destined to be a "headhunter." Anyway, not to derail this thread on my fond past sports memories, keep it up son, I want to hear how your progress goes. Now I got to go do PT!

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 08-20-2009, 02:21 PM   #20

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Got my ass off the couch last night for a 2 mile walk with the dogs.

Hit the gym this morning.
25 minutes on the Stairmaster
Upper body weight training.