Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   New Fitness Thread (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/new-fitness-thread-17099/)

SGT-MILLER 08-19-2009 03:07 AM

New Fitness Thread

Alright you lazy a**es!!!! Get off your overused sh*t storage units, and get to breaking a sweat!!!!!

:D

I've been keeping up with my fitness pretty good, but starting tomorrow morning, I'm going to take it to a new level. I'm getting somewhat short (won't go into further detail so don't ask) with going back for another tour in the sandbox (also known as the middle east). I want to make sure I'm at the highest fitness level possible, so I can kick a** if I need to. I'm going to start a hardcore fitness regimen ,and firearms training regimen, that will make even a Marine Recon veteran proud to hold my gym towels and spray my workout shoes.

I encourage anyone to join me and post their results, and improvements, in this thread also. Fitness makes us all better shooters, better people, and chicks dig it.

C'mon ladies, what are you waiting for?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

IGETEVEN 08-19-2009 04:00 AM

HOOAHHHH...I'm in!! PT so fine, does a body good and refreshes the mind! :D

Jack

BigByrd47119 08-19-2009 04:01 AM

Sign me up~!

easterner123 08-19-2009 04:06 AM

well, football starts this week! i've been pumpin iron all year and ill start working on my endurance and running. can you say morning PT?

dunerunner 08-19-2009 06:30 AM

Ooo Rah!! I'm in Miller!!

SGT-MILLER 08-19-2009 03:27 PM

Morning Report: Day 1

Went to the gym and started off with 20 minutes of circuit training, which consisted of push-ups, body builders, wide push-ups, leg lifts, situps, side-situps, planks, and stretches.

Then, I performed 35 minutes of pyramids. This is a combined push-up/situp exercise. You start off by doing 1 push-up, then do 1 situp, then 2 push-ups/2 situps, 3 push-ups/3 situps, and so on until you hit 10. Then you go back dwon from 10 to 1. The key is not to rest much at all. Keep the pace up and you'll feel like puking in no time.

After that, I did a 1.5 mile run (with 20 pound backpack), and finished off the run with .5 miles worth of sprints.

I'll report in again once by lunchtime workout is complete.

Jo da Plumbr 08-19-2009 03:42 PM

Thanks Sarge. I can use some incentive also.
Been hitting the gym for a week now and cutting out some calories. Need to get back the two belt holes I filled out.:eek:
This morning at the gym was 30 minutes on the stairmaster,
A complete lower body circuit training workout.
!50 sit ups.

dunerunner 08-19-2009 03:48 PM

Draged my nearly 60 year old a$$ out of bed, did 25 abreviated sit-ups and leg raises, grabbed the 40# kettel bell and did 1 set of ten upright rows, 20 deep squats, 2 sets of 15 bicep curls and had a cup of coffee!

IGETEVEN 08-19-2009 05:11 PM

Went for a 5 mile run @ 7 am, about 40 minutes. Met my brother-in-law at the gym, sparred for about an hour, worked on punches, blocks, kicks, pressure point releases. Hit the heavy bag for 20 minutes. Did some barbell squats, leg presses, extensions, calve raises, elevated leg lifts and a 100 push-ups, 100 setups. Shower and home. Hooahh! PT does a body good. :)

Jack

easterner123 08-19-2009 07:15 PM

workout today

did some arms today. 5 sets of 5 on bench at 185. then 5 sets of 5 for dumbell press with 70s. then 3 sets of 5 with inclined bench at 135. later today i have the first day of football practice of the season!