New Father and son project. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > New Father and son project.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 02:43 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1834 Times on 1023 Posts
Likes Given: 1209

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Now that is cool, and as a bonus there is no back seat...
We are not going to put in a back seat as most people would think of a back seat. I plan on welding more pipe to the roll cage. I will extend it back to the rear of the Jeep. It will be padded all the way back. I will make bottoms out of plywood. They will have padding one them and be covered with vinyl. So there will be seats on top of the wheel wells. The roll bar will double as seat backs. I will also install seat belts back there.

I do understand what you meant about the missing back seat though. I will worry more about that when he gets a girl friend again. He has not had a serious one yet.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-07-2013, 04:41 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1538

Some great pictures of CJ-6's from the movie Hatari! Also a CJ-6 project JP magazine did: http://www.jpmagazine.com/projectbuild/154_0601_project_hatari_jeep_cj_6/viewall.html

3542.jpg   3546.jpg   hatari17willysjeepcj619556mw.9999.jpg   hatari28willysjeepcj619551fg.6290.jpg  

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #23

Liked 735 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
Well if what I have seen so far is any indication...the three stooges must have worked on this jeep at one time or another. I am re-wiring everything. There is no fuse box anywhere. Just wires and switches. If there were to be a short it would burn down the jeep! I had to pull the tail light assemblies. I accidentally broke one of them. Moe or Curly used a crap load of silicone to glue them on! I have crazy glued the rim back together. I am glad this thing is so simple. But there are wires hanging underneath that are not hooked up to anything. I am glad I have done this before!
Are the fuses in the switches? The 60's Scouts are like that.

Do you need a fuse box? I might have a extra one from a Scout II. Its only has room for six circuits and they would be the old tube style fuse.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #24

Liked 735 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
We are not going to put in a back seat as most people would think of a back seat. I plan on welding more pipe to the roll cage. I will extend it back to the rear of the Jeep. It will be padded all the way back. I will make bottoms out of plywood. They will have padding one them and be covered with vinyl. So there will be seats on top of the wheel wells. The roll bar will double as seat backs. I will also install seat belts back there.

I do understand what you meant about the missing back seat though. I will worry more about that when he gets a girl friend again. He has not had a serious one yet.
Maybe some old style jump seats?

Old 05-08-2013, 01:57 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
Maybe some old style jump seats?

Hey now that is a cool idea. Thanks.

We are pulling the diamond plate off the corners and under the door openings. We want to clean them up and paint them Tan. They must have been painted because they are covered with rust. But they are cleaning up nice. I found some replacement lights that are LEDs. I will need to clean out all the silicone to get them in. The diamond plate is held on with 3/8 bolts with tiny little allen heads on them. Of course half of them stripped out. Oh well...it is not a true restoration until the grinder comes out!

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Trez Likes This 
Old 05-08-2013, 02:19 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Subbing for completed pics later on. Really neat project. I wish I were more mechanically inclined so I could do stuff like that.

Always have clean socks.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:35 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
Are the fuses in the switches? The 60's Scouts are like that.

Do you need a fuse box? I might have a extra one from a Scout II. Its only has room for six circuits and they would be the old tube style fuse.
No there are no fuses anywhere. Thanks for the offer. But I have 2 fuse boxes that hold 4 fuses each. They are coming with my order for my turn signal switch.

The gauges are hooked up to wires running through holes in the body without gromets or anything. I cant believe nothing has burned up yet.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:09 AM   #28

After spending a week in California for a business trip, I finally got back to the jeep. I pulled out all the old wiring. And the tail lights were broken. The front running lights didn't have any wires to begin with. One headlight had live wires hanging in front of it. So I bought some rear led lights. I pulled all new wiring. I am a long way from being done. But I feel like I have finally accomplished something on this project.

dsc00594.jpg   dsc00595.jpg  

Trez Likes This 
Old 06-19-2013, 02:54 AM   #29

Well I have been waiting for a steering wheel since May 5th. Jegs kept giving me the run around. So I cancelled my order with them and made one with Morris Jeep 4X4. They sent me an email today to tell me the parts are being shipped today. I decided to try to get a little something done. So I did a little body and paint. I am guessing the paint theme is pretty obvious. Daniel thinks it is the coolest Jeep he has ever seen. We are a long way from done. But I am pretty happy so far. What do you guys think?

dsc00641.jpg  

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-19-2013, 02:55 AM   #30

Obviously the grill and the fenders are the only thing that is done.