Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > New Father and son project.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 364 Times on 257 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Looks like a interesting project. Should look good when finished.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 848 Times on 518 Posts
Likes Given: 331

Wish I had that interaction and bonding event with my father...my son will!

Great project! Look forward to seeing the results.

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

Old 05-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Now that is cool, and as a bonus there is no back seat...

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:15 PM   #14

Liked 561 Times on 371 Posts

14 and over 6'2" .... how much does it cost to feed the "little" fella???

Old 05-05-2013, 12:28 AM   #15

Liked 1678 Times on 946 Posts
Likes Given: 1128

Well we decided it was time to work in the garage. We had to use a bottle to put gas in the carb through the fuel line. But it ran fine one we got it going. Then we got both of the seats mounted. I am having trouble finding a steering wheel adapter. Does anyone know if a golf cart one will work. A web site tried to sell me one. But I dont like to gamble on the web with stuff that "might" work.

getting-going..jpg   puting-seats-..jpg  

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-07-2013, 02:14 AM   #16

Well if what I have seen so far is any indication...the three stooges must have worked on this jeep at one time or another. I am re-wiring everything. There is no fuse box anywhere. Just wires and switches. If there were to be a short it would burn down the jeep! I had to pull the tail light assemblies. I accidentally broke one of them. Moe or Curly used a crap load of silicone to glue them on! I have crazy glued the rim back together. I am glad this thing is so simple. But there are wires hanging underneath that are not hooked up to anything. I am glad I have done this before!

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 05-07-2013, 02:20 AM   #17
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19997 Times on 11368 Posts
Likes Given: 50443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
Well if what I have seen so far is any indication...the three stooges must have worked on this jeep at one time or another. I am re-wiring everything. There is no fuse box anywhere. Just wires and switches. If there were to be a short it would burn down the jeep! I had to pull the tail light assemblies. I accidentally broke one of them. Moe or Curly used a crap load of silicone to glue them on! I have crazy glued the rim back together. I am glad this thing is so simple. But there are wires hanging underneath that are not hooked up to anything. I am glad I have done this before!
Rick, just a suggestion. as simple and as old as the Jeep is, it might be easier to build a wiring harness from scratch. or check Painless Wiring for a complete wiring harness if wiring isn't your forte.

i have built several wiring harness' from scratch several times in the past for old cars.
Rick1967 Likes This 
Old 05-07-2013, 02:23 AM   #18

Check out our state of the art gas tank. The new seats are nice too. The gas tank is really just for testing purposes. I found a brand new CJ5 tank, skid plate and sending unit for a total of $191.00 including shipping to my door. It will cost me the ability to tow. But that is not something we intended to use it for anyway. It is only a 2.2 liter 4 banger.

dsc00583.jpg   dsc00584.jpg  

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-07-2013, 02:36 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
Rick, just a suggestion. as simple and as old as the Jeep is, it might be easier to build a wiring harness from scratch. or check Painless Wiring for a complete wiring harness if wiring isn't your forte.

i have built several wiring harness' from scratch several times in the past for old cars.
That is actually what I am doing. That is why I am pulling all of the assemblies. I bought a bunch of wire and connectors at Autozone after work today. I am pulling all new wire and letting it hang out of the holes where all the lights go. I will reinstall everything only after I have tested everything to be sure it all works the way it should. I am going to put relays in for the headlights. Same thing with the horn. I picked up a service manual for it the other day. There is a detailed wiring diagram. But there are no wire colors listed! It is all in black and white. I am just using the color codes from my Blazer. I bought a 25 foot 4 wire strand that is supposed to be for wiring a trailer. But I am going to use it to wire the tail lights, brakes and turn signals in the front and the back. I got 12 gauge wire for the head lights. I ordered two 4 fuse-fuse boxes to run everything through. 8 fuses should be plenty for something that only has a radio, lights and a horn. I did the same thing with a 66 Chevy Pick-Up many years ago.

Old 05-07-2013, 02:42 AM   #20

Liked 4565 Times on 2209 Posts
Likes Given: 1378

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
yeah i can understand that. two inches is a world of difference for a taller person.
...and British Wives!

Sorry guys... Inside joke with Axxe

Very cool "DAD" move there Rick. Good job.

Tack