Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > A New Civil War is starting, which gun will you take?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2010, 03:30 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Skullcrusher mate, you might be American but I am British, hence the British flag. My wife's American and we live in America now, but I'm still allowed to be a little patriotic once in a while... hope you don't have a problem with that

Don't see why anybody should be offended by it... our countries have been great allies for centuries. I see plenty of American and Canadian flags on forums all over the place... and I wouldn't think to question it.

Anyway guys, some good answers on this post, thanks for humouring my wacky scenario, it was just my way of putting a little background story to your decision to pick a survival gun. I know some of you found it funny, but it looks like it turned out to be a pretty popular thread, with some good answers.

Myself, I'd probably settle for a 12 gauge or 9mm carbine. Of course, given the option, it would be best to carry a sidearm too... I'd grab a Sig P226 and a sturdy combat knife such as a Ka-Bar with partially serrated edge.

Last edited by Snake; 09-23-2010 at 03:50 PM.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:25 AM   #42

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Uh-oh is right. So is WTF??

Not a good showing from a fellow SE Ohioan. Care to elaborate on your misguided thoughts?
I was looking over some of my old posts and found this........
My uncle worked in Chicago for a while under some Jews. He said that they are strict business men and know how to make a buck. I thought it was funny but didn't realize how serious he was. I started a video gaming website in late 2008 along with 3 other people. One of them was a Jew. He mapped out how we were supposed to reorganize the site, set up a membership program and how we were going to advertise. He wanted to make money off of the site... I didn't. Not to long afterwords I quit. The site fell apart summer of 09. I don't know if he actually made anything though. The site didn't actually get that many posts (12,545)... but the live chat had on average 20 to 30 people on it when I left. Because of that chat the site ended up getting 21,395 hits... and that counter was installed right before I left so it was probably over 30,000.

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Last edited by saviorslegacy; 01-08-2011 at 03:27 AM.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:30 AM   #43

Liked 7553 Times on 3288 Posts
Likes Given: 1119

Hughes 25mm Chain Gun. Like this one.

Name:  M2_Bradley.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  92.2 KB

Put me on foot, I'll take the M16 with the M203 launcher.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:47 AM   #44

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I'd take my Mini 14 and a 1911.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-08-2011, 05:49 AM   #45

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

What is... "I'll take a Mk 19 if SHTF."

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 01-08-2011, 06:14 AM   #46

Liked 123 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Ill only humor the OP a little. If I only get one gun, then my wife and daughter each get one. Then its easy. RRA AR15, My HOwa 223 bull bbl and my G34.

Covers it all.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-08-2011, 06:19 AM   #47

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Im taking the xd 40, the mini 14 and a fleshlight. It might get lonely.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

readygirl Likes This 
Old 01-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #48

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default 1 gun

scoped ruger 10/22

Old 01-08-2011, 04:49 PM   #49

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I am already SOUTH. Bring y'alls bestest guns..... we'll add them to the group stash afterwards.......

Seriously, were I a poor Yankee hotfooting it south (in this scenario, you WILL be considered a part of the Golden Horde, be warned!) I'd carry a 12 gauge pump shotgun - ammo available nearly everywhere. Probably find some in many abandoned homes and barns along the way....

Old 01-08-2011, 10:22 PM   #50

Liked 182 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 296

well...seeing what I have....

Browning BPS 12ga. loads and ejects from the bottom so it doesnt get gunk in there as much.....

and changing a bit of your scenario....I only live 45 minutes from the Niagara Falls US/CANADIAN border....im takin my family with my girlfriend and her family on their boat