New Browser in the Browser wars - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > New Browser in the Browser wars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2008, 06:39 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Thanks, guys! My 'puter box is remote from my keyboard and display. I'll change that so I can check it more easily.

Thanks again!

Old 10-17-2008, 01:25 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
Hey Cpt Tango 30,

How do you find out if a search engine is scanning your hard drive? How do find out if ANYBODY is scanning your harddrive?

Does Firefox do this? Does the Google search engine do this?

Just wondering.....
Because I am an IT GOD. OK no really when I would fire up chrome my hard drive would just go nuts the whole time I had it on. having a laptop you can hear it better than a desktop unless you have some noise azz drives. Then you get to see the bright blue LED shining in your face as well. I installed chrome hdd goes nuts uninstall it back to normal. Not sure what it was really doing just that it was doing something that I didn't want it to do. I am slightly parinoid as well so I just got done reinstalling windows XP. She was due for an over haul anyways it has been about 6 months since I reinstalled XP. Now she is purring along nice and fast. With zero icons on my desktop.

If you want to know whats going on on your network get a packet sniffer like ethereal aka wireshark. Be careful with these as many companies do not like it when you run these on their network. That is the one I use the most and it is one of the best.

Last edited by cpttango30; 10-17-2008 at 01:28 AM.