Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > New Browser in the Browser wars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 10:39 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Default New Browser in the Browser wars

Well to help combat Microsoft's crushing hold on the browser market with there more holes than swiss cheese browser Internet Explorer and Mozilla's slower yet more secure FireFox browser and Apples Safari hitting the market we now have a more secure browser like firefox and safari with the speed of a Zo6 Corvette Google has hit the ground in 6th gear with Chrome. Sleek design smoking fast speeds and light weight Chrome is going to give the other big boys a run for their money. I just started using chrome the other day when a coworker told me about it (Can't believe i missed this one). The home page will show you your most visited websites for a quick click and a glance you are there.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-08-2008, 01:34 PM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

That is interesting. First I've heard about it. I got away from IE long ago. Been using FireFox for years now. I like alternatives. Thanks for the link.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:36 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Well, don't forget Google's real motto, Be Evil.... I don't think I'll be using their browser.

9x18=Makarov

Old 10-08-2008, 06:48 PM   #4

Im a huge fan of FireFox and its faster then IE on dile-up fro me....

Change is not a destination, just as hope is not a strategy. - Rudy Giuliani

Knowing is half the battle. The other half is VIOLENCE.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Old 10-08-2008, 07:52 PM   #5
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
Well, don't forget Google's real motto, Be Evil.... I don't think I'll be using their browser.
+1. Thanks for the info, cpttango30, but I'm not going to try Chrome; I just don't trust Google.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:28 AM   #6

What is so evil about Google? Google is one of the best companies out there for web based utilities, g mail, Google earth, chrome, ect.....

Old 10-09-2008, 03:21 AM   #7
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
What is so evil about Google? Google is one of the best companies out there for web based utilities, g mail, Google earth, chrome, ect.....
Google engages in information shaping and they are pretty liberally-biased and it is possible to manipulate google data. Google has banned anti-MoveOn.org ads. And, if you notice on holidays, Google changes its banner. They have done it for Walter Gropius' birthday, the invention of the laser, mother's day, earth day, the Persian new year and St. Patrick's day. They did no special banner for Memorial Day; they just had the regular banner. This year, on the 64th anniversary of the D-Day invasion, Google had a special banner celebrating 17th century Spanish painter Diego Velasquez's birthday, but nothing commemorating the invasion. Google has also donated a great deal of money to the Democrat party.

While I agree it is a useful search engine, just be aware of what Google really is and what its owners really think.

That said, I simply don't trust chrome not to gather information and send it back to Google which specializes in indexing and crossreferencing data.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:49 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Well to help combat Microsoft's crushing hold on the browser market with there more holes than swiss cheese browser Internet Explorer and Mozilla's slower yet more secure FireFox browser and Apples Safari hitting the market we now have a more secure browser like firefox and safari with the speed of a Zo6 Corvette Google has hit the ground in 6th gear with Chrome. Sleek design smoking fast speeds and light weight Chrome is going to give the other big boys a run for their money. I just started using chrome the other day when a coworker told me about it (Can't believe i missed this one). The home page will show you your most visited websites for a quick click and a glance you are there.

Got Firefox now and I'd try it but the little woman would take all my guns away
Cool signature by the way

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Edmund Burke

"We must indeed hang together or assuredly we will all hang seperately."
Ben Franklin

"Those who would make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
John F. Kennedy

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin

Old 10-09-2008, 04:54 AM   #9

On second thought......... after bkt's post..... I'll pass too!
In fact, I will never use their search engine again.
Good Search is cool! Every time you use it the wife says some animal gets a meal. That works for me

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Edmund Burke

"We must indeed hang together or assuredly we will all hang seperately."
Ben Franklin

"Those who would make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
John F. Kennedy

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin

Old 10-14-2008, 03:07 AM   #10

Well then you better take and give your computers away now. Why because Microsoft is tailoring their OS to help the Chinese Govt block Internet sights it deems harmful to their people. If you drive a chevy you better get rid of it and get another car why because GM has factories in Mexico an oppressive government that doesn't allow gun ownership. Oh one of the biggest lead mines is there too so you all better give up your guns as well. You better stop watching movies and tv as well. Oh and that pizza you just stuffed in your face came from a pizza joint that doesn't allow its drivers to carry a gun. What about the food in your fridge? Is it from a store that is anti union like Safeway? better not eat anything either or else your supporting a bad company. I bet your going to vote McCain right? even though he is right there with Obama on Gun Control. So I don't want to hear the whining about how google is evil and good search is not because they feed some animal that should not be in a shelter if more dumb azz people had a brain and could spay and neuter their pets. Oh yeah and Good search supports PETA so which one is worse? So I guess your good search is not so darn good is it?

Me I could give a rats butt about what the owners like and don't like.

I just would like to say that I did uninstall it why? well I found it was scanning my hard drive. That is a no thank you from me. no matter what company you are. I told them that I would not be using chrome because of that feature.