Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > New Billy Badasses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 64 Times on 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizord1

This FTW!!!
FFDP is alright. I can't stand A7F. They sound too much like they're trying to copy-cat Metallica. There are some good metal bands today, but IMO, the last great metal band was Metallica. Everyone now focuses on the grungy sound and the screaming. James Hetfield could sing any genre of music he wanted in the realm of rock and Kirk Hammett could play anything with strings on it. Their creativity just made that all even better.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #72
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3002 Times on 2041 Posts
Likes Given: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357

I'm 25 years old and I can't stand most of the new music coming out. Most heavy metal bands don't know how to truly play a guitar. Power cords, anyone? Give me a break.

I listen to stuff from the 50s-80s. Hendrix, Zeppelin, Joplin, Skynyrd, Elvis, ACDC, ZZ Top, Clapton, Cream, Beatles, etc. etc. etc.

That's the good stuff.
Sounds like my iTunes Library! but throw in YES, Early Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Moody Blues, King Crimson, Procol Harum, Styx, and folks like my pal Steve Adelson....

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 07-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #73

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357

I'm 25 years old and I can't stand most of the new music coming out. Most heavy metal bands don't know how to truly play a guitar. Power cords, anyone? Give me a break.

I listen to stuff from the 50s-80s. Hendrix, Zeppelin, Joplin, Skynyrd, Elvis, ACDC, ZZ Top, Clapton, Cream, Beatles, etc. etc. etc.

That's the good stuff.
I do, as well!
I listen to pretty much everything, except gangsta rap and modern country.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:03 PM   #74

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonSCJ
FFDP is alright. I can't stand A7F. They sound too much like they're trying to copy-cat Metallica. There are some good metal bands today, but IMO, the last great metal band was Metallica. Everyone now focuses on the grungy sound and the screaming. James Hetfield could sing any genre of music he wanted in the realm of rock and Kirk Hammett could play anything with strings on it. Their creativity just made that all even better.
Now I do love me some Metallica (AKA The Gods of Metal)! I do have to agree with the screaming part. I like a pretty diverse range of music, but the modern stuff really gets on my nerves.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #75
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6747 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

I would have to disagree and say Black Sabbath.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #76
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3002 Times on 2041 Posts
Likes Given: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna
I would have to disagree and say Black Sabbath.
I remember being on Leave and seeing the "BLACK & BLUE" tour(Sabbath with Blue Oyster Cult) at thew Nassau Coliseum in 1980.......
Now Sabbath has a new album out and is playing 20,000 seat halls again and BOC plays 1500 seat clubs like they did in 1974....

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 07-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #77

Liked 257 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Slayer ....

Old 07-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #78

Liked 913 Times on 604 Posts
Likes Given: 568

You know what confuses me? The depression generation worked hard and taught the baby boomers to work hard also. But all of a sudden, after what, the 80's ended, no one was told/taught to work hard anymore? Where or what is the disconnect? How come we have so many hard working parents, in every sense of the phrase, with kids that do almost literally nothing? And are ENABLED and allowed to? Enabled is the correct and operative term, because if you do nothing, you will end up living off the Dole, or in a box under the bridge.......

Old 07-28-2013, 09:06 PM   #79
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1611 Times on 865 Posts
Likes Given: 2633

I thought Jet was a pretty descent modern rock group. Must be something in the water over there (AC/DC, Little River Band, et al)

Old 07-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #80
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20941 Times on 11897 Posts
Likes Given: 52518

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
You know what confuses me? The depression generation worked hard and taught the baby boomers to work hard also. But all of a sudden, after what, the 80's ended, no one was told/taught to work hard anymore? Where or what is the disconnect? How come we have so many hard working parents, in every sense of the phrase, with kids that do almost literally nothing? And are ENABLED and allowed to? Enabled is the correct and operative term, because if you do nothing, you will end up living off the Dole, or in a box under the bridge.......
another part of the problem is the parents themselves. they are creating a generation of entitled lazy brats. they hand them anything they want with no regard as to responsibility or having to work or earn anything. growing up, my father provided the basics, food clothing and shelter. if it wasn't our birthday or Christmas, we didn't get something just because we wanted it. my father taught us to go out and find a way to work for something we wanted. one time, i wanted a fancier and sportier looking bicycle than the one my father had gotten me, so i got a paper route and worked doing that in the afternoons after school to earn the money. i still had to do my homework and still had to do daily chores.

from what i have seen also is a generation of entitled kids, that are too soft and will be ill-equipped to handle the real world when it's thrust upon them. many of them don't know what real hard physical labor or work is, nor are they expected to do such things.

funny story about a 19 yo kid that worked in the same shop as i did about four years ago. he worked for us about three months, had to be constantly told to do his job, many times had to even make him redo a job because he would only half-azz do the job he was required to do. well one late morning, no "Trent". about one or two in the afternoon, his mother showed up to tell us that "Trent" was quitting because we worked him too hard. gee lady, it's called a job! we all worked hard! well fast forward about four years, he's still a lazy punk kid and has been fired from several jobs because of his lack of job skills and i got to run his sorry butt off again the last time. he wanted to walk around talking on his cell phone and act like a big shot. well it didn't last very long before enough was enough. again he was making double amount of work for me with his less than stellar work ethics. one morning i had to go out and repair a piece of equipment that he had failed to fix and i was in a hurry to get out there and get the job done, that should have been done the day before when it was sitting on our yard. he tried to bow up and get all badazz and wanted to act tough. well i just went up front and made a phone call and by the timei got back that afternoon, "Trent" no longer worked for us anymore. i had warned him several times about his attitude and that if he didn't change it, i would see that he wasn't a problem for me anymore. he found out i meant business that day and i don't make threats, i make promises!

i expect those working under me to pull their own weight and to do the job i require of them. nothing more, nothing less. when someone doesn't do the job i expect them to do and it causes me more work upon my already heavy workload, i tend to get pretty upset.
thatonespot Likes This