New Billy Badasses - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > New Billy Badasses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 01:10 AM   #91
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter

Ah! If you have never done a night time nap-of-the earth flight, with "Magic Carpet Ride" blasting out.......
some of us weren't allowed to listen to music when working...BTW I own every Steppenwolf album save for one. never go to see the orig. but saw Kaye with the 80's/90's version....and he sounded just as good in 1988 as he did in 1970...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 07-29-2013, 01:26 AM   #92

Liked 305 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 90

This thread is soo racist! I am fully unqualified, and question anyone questioning my qualifications to post here.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:10 AM   #93
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6751 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

I'll race ya to the next thread

Old 07-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #94

Liked 64 Times on 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter

Well, 1st, Justin Beaver isn't a "band", he's an invention of some guy designed to make money. Does he, (or Brittany Spears, or any of those "manufactured" bands) actually even write their own music? LOL, did anyone see the South Park episode when they started that band called Finger Bang? Hilarious.

2nd, Avenge Sevenfold is pretty good. So is Five Finger Death Punch.

3rd, every generation turns out their own turd bands. Remember that Grunge crap? Don't worry about it, Anna. LOL
I consider Avenged Sevenfold to be more of a Metallica tribute band, with half the talent. I like FFDP, but some of their stuff gets agitating after a while. I liked their "Bad Company" cover though. But I think the best metal cover done recently is Rob Zombie on "American Band". The best of all time is by far "Turn the Page" by Metallica.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:17 PM   #95
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I think they are bear agents, though some may be friends of bobthefed.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:29 AM   #96
For unto us a child is born..
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1895 Times on 1051 Posts
Likes Given: 5703

Guns is kewel, Ain't no Fewel, I blast deze posts, like zombie ghosts.

I always wanted to be billybad, but I couldn't play one on the forums.

People Like This 
Old 07-30-2013, 04:33 AM   #97
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1111 Times on 658 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
You know what confuses me? The depression generation worked hard and taught the baby boomers to work hard also. But all of a sudden, after what, the 80's ended, no one was told/taught to work hard anymore? Where or what is the disconnect? How come we have so many hard working parents, in every sense of the phrase, with kids that do almost literally nothing? And are ENABLED and allowed to? Enabled is the correct and operative term, because if you do nothing, you will end up living off the Dole, or in a box under the bridge.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
another part of the problem is the parents themselves. they are creating a generation of entitled lazy brats. they hand them anything they want with no regard as to responsibility or having to work or earn anything. growing up, my father provided the basics, food clothing and shelter. if it wasn't our birthday or Christmas, we didn't get something just because we wanted it. my father taught us to go out and find a way to work for something we wanted. one time, i wanted a fancier and sportier looking bicycle than the one my father had gotten me, so i got a paper route and worked doing that in the afternoons after school to earn the money. i still had to do my homework and still had to do daily chores.

from what i have seen also is a generation of entitled kids, that are too soft and will be ill-equipped to handle the real world when it's thrust upon them. many of them don't know what real hard physical labor or work is, nor are they expected to do such things.

funny story about a 19 yo kid that worked in the same shop as i did about four years ago. he worked for us about three months, had to be constantly told to do his job, many times had to even make him redo a job because he would only half-azz do the job he was required to do. well one late morning, no "Trent". about one or two in the afternoon, his mother showed up to tell us that "Trent" was quitting because we worked him too hard. gee lady, it's called a job! we all worked hard! well fast forward about four years, he's still a lazy punk kid and has been fired from several jobs because of his lack of job skills and i got to run his sorry butt off again the last time. he wanted to walk around talking on his cell phone and act like a big shot. well it didn't last very long before enough was enough. again he was making double amount of work for me with his less than stellar work ethics. one morning i had to go out and repair a piece of equipment that he had failed to fix and i was in a hurry to get out there and get the job done, that should have been done the day before when it was sitting on our yard. he tried to bow up and get all badazz and wanted to act tough. well i just went up front and made a phone call and by the timei got back that afternoon, "Trent" no longer worked for us anymore. i had warned him several times about his attitude and that if he didn't change it, i would see that he wasn't a problem for me anymore. he found out i meant business that day and i don't make threats, i make promises!

i expect those working under me to pull their own weight and to do the job i require of them. nothing more, nothing less. when someone doesn't do the job i expect them to do and it causes me more work upon my already heavy workload, i tend to get pretty upset.
I think 2 things are at work here, the first is the natural wish for our kids to have it better than we did so we encourage them to go to college rather than learn a trade that they will have to work with their hands.

The second is much more damaging, it is the " I hated it when I got spanked so I will not do that to my kids" and "I hated it when I had to go to work instead of hanging out at the mall with my friends, so I won't make my kids get a job" and "I will buy my kid a car because I hated having to save up for one and having to pay my own insurance too." There are many more of these types of statements from my generation. ( I just turned 49 last week)

The second statement from the above paragraph is straight out of my ex-wives mouth. The third probably came out of mine before I had a kid because my dad made me pay the difference in his car insurance after I got my license or I couldn't drive his car. But somewhere along the line between then and now I figured out the lesson in that.

It is kind of amazing that the older I get the smarted my dad gets. When I was 18 I was a genius and he was dumb as a box of rocks. Now at 71 he is a genius and at 49 I am as dumb as a box of rocks.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:45 AM   #98

Liked 2605 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
I'll race ya to the next thread
\

Soo, does that make it a "racist race"??
Old 07-30-2013, 04:46 AM   #99
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
I think 2 things are at work here, the first is the natural wish for our kids to have it better than we did so we encourage them to go to college rather than learn a trade that they will have to work with their hands.

The second is much more damaging, it is the " I hated it when I got spanked so I will not do that to my kids" and "I hated it when I had to go to work instead of hanging out at the mall with my friends, so I won't make my kids get a job" and "I will buy my kid a car because I hated having to save up for one and having to pay my own insurance too." There are many more of these types of statements from my generation. ( I just turned 49 last week)

The second statement from the above paragraph is straight out of my ex-wives mouth. The third probably came out of mine before I had a kid because my dad made me pay the difference in his car insurance after I got my license or I couldn't drive his car. But somewhere along the line between then and now I figured out the lesson in that.

It is kind of amazing that the older I get the smarted my dad gets. When I was 18 I was a genius and he was dumb as a box of rocks. Now at 71 he is a genius and at 49 I am as dumb as a box of rocks.
i agree. i had to work for everything i have ever had. my father helped, but not in handing over money, but in showing me how to do it for myself. in turn my father med me very self reliant and able to solve my own problems in life.

i too went through a stage in my late teens and early twenties, that i thought my father didn't know what he was talking about. now at over 50 and him at over 70, i still seek the advice and council of that wise man!

Old 07-30-2013, 05:20 AM   #100
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1111 Times on 658 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i agree. i had to work for everything i have ever had. my father helped, but not in handing over money, but in showing me how to do it for myself. in turn my father med me very self reliant and able to solve my own problems in life.

i too went through a stage in my late teens and early twenties, that i thought my father didn't know what he was talking about. now at over 50 and him at over 70, i still seek the advice and council of that wise man!
My dad grew up on a small farm, but the year he graduated high school a new college opened up here in town and granted 1 semester scholarships to some of the local kids. He won one of them and went on to get a degree in accounting. He went to work for the state and sort of forgot the self sufficient style of the farm. Back then government jobs did not pay well and when he had to hire an electrician to replace a switch for the basement light, he watched and realized that he could have done that himself he sort of reclaimed that old self sufficiency that his dad taught him.

After 3 or 4 farm buildings, one huge addition on his house, and building my house from scratch, he is almost fearless on this type of stuff.

The down side though is that he seems to defer to me more and more on some of these types of decisions, and while logic dictates that I am much more capable of making many of these decisions ( education etc.) It still seems awkward to me to be deciding some of this stuff when he is perfectly capable (at least in my mind) of deciding these things for himself.