New antenna idea for truck - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

New antenna idea for truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2014, 05:16 PM   #11
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2497 Times on 1512 Posts
Likes Given: 13693

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
several of my older Trans Ams and other older Pontiacs had the windshield antennas and they did alright.
don't know what it was, but the ones in my 78 K5 Blazer, and my 82 K20 P\U didn't work well at all. I wound up converting them to aftermarket sticks, and they worked fine. Then again, by the time I bought both trucks, they were starting to peel off the windshield. Probably had a lot to do with it. The only one I ever saw work right was the one in my uncle's 78 C10 Heavy Half he picked up while stationed at Mountain Home Idaho. If I remember right, he added a signal booster to it while he was stationed out there.

Either way, they still worked better than the factory radio and antenna set ups from Chrysler (had them in 2 Dakotas and an Aires) in the late 80s. With an aftermarket radio, I could pick up some of the Toronto and Niagara Falls stations clearly while almost to the NY\PA Border. With the factory set up, I would lose them by the time I was passing Dunkirk NY on the Thruway.

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-23-2014, 05:34 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1592 Times on 1078 Posts
Likes Given: 1727

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
don't know what it was, but the ones in my 78 K5 Blazer, and my 82 K20 P\U didn't work well at all. I wound up converting them to aftermarket sticks, and they worked fine. Then again, by the time I bought both trucks, they were starting to peel off the windshield. Probably had a lot to do with it. The only one I ever saw work right was the one in my uncle's 78 C10 Heavy Half he picked up while stationed at Mountain Home Idaho. If I remember right, he added a signal booster to it while he was stationed out there.

Either way, they still worked better than the factory radio and antenna set ups from Chrysler (had them in 2 Dakotas and an Aires) in the late 80s. With an aftermarket radio, I could pick up some of the Toronto and Niagara Falls stations clearly while almost to the NY\PA Border. With the factory set up, I would lose them by the time I was passing Dunkirk NY on the Thruway.
They were NOT stuck on the windshield, they were IN it !................

Old 04-23-2014, 05:54 PM   #13
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2497 Times on 1512 Posts
Likes Given: 13693

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303tom View Post
They were NOT stuck on the windshield, they were IN it !................
Thanks Tom. Now I know that both trucks were oin at least their second windshields. That explains a lot.

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:20 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 363 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 645

I had a CravenSpeed stubby on my Tundra I currently have one on the wife's Sienna. The reception was horrible. Of course I use a flash drive for my music so it really doesn't matter.

Old 04-24-2014, 02:09 AM   #15

Liked 927 Times on 590 Posts
Likes Given: 1039

Hey... Wheres the International ones??

Oh.. I see they only fit new vehicles....

Last edited by Trez; 04-24-2014 at 02:12 AM.