Never Talk To Your Kids Karate Instructor. EVER!

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Never Talk To Your Kids Karate Instructor. EVER!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2014, 01:25 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2260 Times on 1242 Posts
Likes Given: 294

Default Never Talk To Your Kids Karate Instructor. EVER!

Welp, my little girl walked off of the stage after her first dance recital, walked straight up to her mawmaw who paid for the whole shindig and said "thanks for dance. I'm done with this stuff. Next year im doing karate."

Now I had absolutely nothing AT ALL to do with that decision. Really I didn't. I was extremely proud of her decision though, and seriously relieved that I wouldn't have to sit through any more recitals.

I signed her up for a karate class. She's a natural. Totally surprised everyone, even me.

Attachment 150886

Attachment 150887

Attachment 150888

And then came the kicker.

"You know your daughter surprised us."

"Thanks man, I'm finding she's good at whatever she WANTS to be good at."

"Did you know you can take classes with us for free under her membership?"

"No, I didn't. That's great. I would love to. When is the class?"

"Well, you're a cop right? I'll put you in intermediate and advanced. Starts in half an hour."

What I should have said:

HOLD UP. WAIT. WTF?!?! HOLD THE PHONE!!!! I DID BOXING AND MMA IN COLLEGE AND I DID FAKE PHONY BY THE BOOK COP STUFF IN THE POLICE ACADEMY!! IM NOT INTERMEDIATE OR ADVANCED! MY DAUGHTER NOW KNOWS MORE ABOUT YOUR FORM OF MARTIAL ARTS THAN I DO!

BESIDES! IM JUST GETTING OVER A BACK INJURY AND HAVENT SEEN THE INSIDE OF A GYM IN 2 YEARS!

What I said: "Alright I have a change of clothes in the car."

So I changed and told the wife that they offered to let me take the class after the BBs. I walk back in the classroom and am immediately surrounded by sweaty 13 year old boys, all of whom are wearing brown or black belts. The instructor gives me a spot on the mat and class begins.

You know those nice peaceful martial arts classes where they go over forms together and practice in a mirror?

Yeah this wasn't one of those classes. This was more like karate kid meets rocky IV meets full metal jacket. We warmed up with more push-ups and sit-ups than I have done in a year. After that little "warm up" I'm like done. Ready to throw in the towel. Ready to throw up.

Of course I look around at the testosterone supercharged karate midgets I'm surrounded by and they aren't even breaking a sweat. But screw them. I am old. I am a man. If I want to walk out of a class I can. If I could see to get to the door I could..... Oh wait yeah I can see the....

Wife? And daughter? And YOUNGER BROTHERS?!?! WATCHING ME?!?! WITH CELL PHONE CAMERAS AT THE READY?!?!?!?!

Oh this is nugging FUTS!!! I AM NOW TRAPPED! At the first sign of weakness I will be hounded for all of eternity. If I walk out of the class, 3000 years from now in heaven, the boys will STILL be showing that video to random strangers and laughing about it.

And if that isn't enough, now the real part of the class begins. Please tell me what form of martial arts used FRICKING LUNGES TO WALK ACROSS THE ROOM TO THE PUNCHING BAG?!?! WHEN I AM ABOUT TO FIGHT SOMEONE INTO HANDCUFFS I DONT DO LUNGES!!!! THE ONLY LUNGE THAT I DO IS WHEN THE CHINESE LADY AT THE DONUT SHOP SLAPS A BAG OF FREE DONUT HOLES ON THE COUNTER!!!!

Hell I can kick. I can punch. I can even do wrestling mounts and joint manipulation. BUT LUNGES?!?!?!?!

WHAT THE HELL DO LUNGES HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING!!!!

After an hour of SATAN AND HIS MINIONS training to DESTROY THE EARTH AND DESTROY MY GLUTES IN THE PROCESS I finally got to walk

Scratch that

Limp

Scratch that

Crawl on my belly like a snake to retrieve my shoes and a powerade. As I'm drinking my powerade, and eating crow as a side, my little 4 year old girl runs up to me and wraps her arms around my neck and says:

"WOW DADDY! YOU ARE REALLY GOOD! NOW WE CAN GO HOME AND PRACTICE SOME MORE AND WE CAN COME TO KARATE CLASS EVERY DAY!"

SATAN HAS A NEW CONVERT!!!! AN EVIL LITTLE MINION WITH A PONY TAIL AND A SIZE 0 KARATE GI!!!!!!

Someone please shoot me in the leg. PLEASE?! Before karate tomorrow. I'm begging you. I'll blame it on my Glock! Everybody knows they fire themselves! No one will get in trouble! And it will be less painful. I'm positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-24-2014 at 01:29 AM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-24-2014, 01:34 AM   #2

Liked 2471 Times on 1604 Posts

I've been thinking about getting my girl into martial arts. I'm not gonna train with her.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 09-24-2014, 01:36 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5738 Times on 2997 Posts
Likes Given: 379

you reakly missed your calling as a writer. thats dead funny!! im laughing so hard i can barely type much less breathe. and satan's minion is cute as hell!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 09-24-2014, 01:54 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2032 Times on 1409 Posts
Likes Given: 1040

It was true back in my day as well. Took a full hour to "warm up" before we were even paired. We did knuckle pushups, and then crossed the gym on knuckles, feet dragging. What really hurt was the backhand pushups. The sensei was a steely eyed killer (not really) who would sucker punch you in the stomach to test your readiness. It's a beautiful sport, not like cage fighting.

Old 09-24-2014, 01:58 AM   #5

Liked 55 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I would like to get into some form of MA but after two knee injuries on my (was) strong side I know i wouldnt be able to throw any kick with that leg.

Good job at fighting, No pun intended, through it. If you stick with it, it will become more tolerable. And will be a good bonding activity for you and your daughter.

If something is worth keeping, its worth fighting for.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:10 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8943 Times on 3871 Posts
Likes Given: 1398

I feel your pain, bro......

(Not really- that is why I am laughing my butt off!)

Some days, you feel that your darling little child is really something like THIS-

demon child.jpg

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Shoobee Likes This 
Old 09-24-2014, 02:30 AM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 518 Times on 316 Posts

Oh just suck it up buttercup !!
Remember this the hardest day was yesterday !

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Old 09-24-2014, 02:58 AM   #8

Liked 329 Times on 182 Posts

Great story!

Old 09-24-2014, 07:14 AM   #9
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3191 Times on 2171 Posts
Likes Given: 696

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Welp, my little girl walked off of the stage after her first dance recital, walked straight up to her mawmaw who paid for the whole shindig and said "thanks for dance. I'm done with this stuff. Next year im doing karate."

Now I had absolutely nothing AT ALL to do with that decision. Really I didn't. I was extremely proud of her decision though, and seriously relieved that I wouldn't have to sit through any more recitals.

I signed her up for a karate class. She's a natural. Totally surprised everyone, even me.

Attachment 150886

Attachment 150887

Attachment 150888

And then came the kicker.

"You know your daughter surprised us."

"Thanks man, I'm finding she's good at whatever she WANTS to be good at."

"Did you know you can take classes with us for free under her membership?"

"No, I didn't. That's great. I would love to. When is the class?"

"Well, you're a cop right? I'll put you in intermediate and advanced. Starts in half an hour."

What I should have said:

HOLD UP. WAIT. WTF?!?! HOLD THE PHONE!!!! I DID BOXING AND MMA IN COLLEGE AND I DID FAKE PHONY BY THE BOOK COP STUFF IN THE POLICE ACADEMY!! IM NOT INTERMEDIATE OR ADVANCED! MY DAUGHTER NOW KNOWS MORE ABOUT YOUR FORM OF MARTIAL ARTS THAN I DO!

BESIDES! IM JUST GETTING OVER A BACK INJURY AND HAVENT SEEN THE INSIDE OF A GYM IN 2 YEARS!

What I said: "Alright I have a change of clothes in the car."

So I changed and told the wife that they offered to let me take the class after the BBs. I walk back in the classroom and am immediately surrounded by sweaty 13 year old boys, all of whom are wearing brown or black belts. The instructor gives me a spot on the mat and class begins.

You know those nice peaceful martial arts classes where they go over forms together and practice in a mirror?

Yeah this wasn't one of those classes. This was more like karate kid meets rocky IV meets full metal jacket. We warmed up with more push-ups and sit-ups than I have done in a year. After that little "warm up" I'm like done. Ready to throw in the towel. Ready to throw up.

Of course I look around at the testosterone supercharged karate midgets I'm surrounded by and they aren't even breaking a sweat. But screw them. I am old. I am a man. If I want to walk out of a class I can. If I could see to get to the door I could..... Oh wait yeah I can see the....

Wife? And daughter? And YOUNGER BROTHERS?!?! WATCHING ME?!?! WITH CELL PHONE CAMERAS AT THE READY?!?!?!?!

Oh this is nugging FUTS!!! I AM NOW TRAPPED! At the first sign of weakness I will be hounded for all of eternity. If I walk out of the class, 3000 years from now in heaven, the boys will STILL be showing that video to random strangers and laughing about it.

And if that isn't enough, now the real part of the class begins. Please tell me what form of martial arts used FRICKING LUNGES TO WALK ACROSS THE ROOM TO THE PUNCHING BAG?!?! WHEN I AM ABOUT TO FIGHT SOMEONE INTO HANDCUFFS I DONT DO LUNGES!!!! THE ONLY LUNGE THAT I DO IS WHEN THE CHINESE LADY AT THE DONUT SHOP SLAPS A BAG OF FREE DONUT HOLES ON THE COUNTER!!!!

Hell I can kick. I can punch. I can even do wrestling mounts and joint manipulation. BUT LUNGES?!?!?!?!

WHAT THE HELL DO LUNGES HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING!!!!

After an hour of SATAN AND HIS MINIONS training to DESTROY THE EARTH AND DESTROY MY GLUTES IN THE PROCESS I finally got to walk

Scratch that

Limp

Scratch that

Crawl on my belly like a snake to retrieve my shoes and a powerade. As I'm drinking my powerade, and eating crow as a side, my little 4 year old girl runs up to me and wraps her arms around my neck and says:

"WOW DADDY! YOU ARE REALLY GOOD! NOW WE CAN GO HOME AND PRACTICE SOME MORE AND WE CAN COME TO KARATE CLASS EVERY DAY!"

SATAN HAS A NEW CONVERT!!!! AN EVIL LITTLE MINION WITH A PONY TAIL AND A SIZE 0 KARATE GI!!!!!!

Someone please shoot me in the leg. PLEASE?! Before karate tomorrow. I'm begging you. I'll blame it on my Glock! Everybody knows they fire themselves! No one will get in trouble! And it will be less painful. I'm positive.

Dude! That's Priceless, too bad I can't see the pics!! My little brother's Ju Jitsu teacher did that to me too, but my brother told 4 of his Classmates that his older brother home on leave was an Army Pilot who was ABN and I was a bad Azz and would kick all there tuchies across the street. They didn't stop messing with me so I just stopped going inside the school to get him...
You should have said you were called away on a PD emergency...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 09-24-2014, 09:53 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2860 Times on 1662 Posts
Likes Given: 1691

DeltaF - Now that's funny, my only question is, "How are you feeling today?"

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

We are all biodegradable.