Neighborhood Speeders - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Neighborhood Speeders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 11:02 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4701 Times on 2344 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

You could get a .50 Beowolf, and find out if it really does crack engine blocks.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:21 PM   #22

Liked 82 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin
You could get a .50 Beowolf, and find out if it really does crack engine blocks.
Lol. I would like to see the look on their face when they walk out to see the whole fender blown off of their car.

So several of the neighbors are on board to keep an eye out to report these people when they see them speeding. Also spoke with the sheriff and he is going to put out one of the speed checkers on our street for a couple of days. Hopefully they will get the idea. Ahhhh I like progress.

Thanks for all the great ideas guys. Much appreciated.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:43 AM   #23
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

LuckyJ,
Where are you located? That could make a difference.

My dad had a similar problem (no fatalities though) and they addressed it by contacting the property owner in parallel with constantly contacting the police and the university nearby (the tenants were university students). Dad was thinking about firing a shotgun through the front window of the house during a party, but I talked him into a less confrontational resolution. Dad is like a Honey Badger, he's 85 years old and doesn't give a cr@p. (borrowed from another member here. Credit given?)

Old 01-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #24
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2470 Times on 1498 Posts
Likes Given: 13603

If it had been my kid the creep hit, I'm afraid I would be the one on trial.

So many times I have just wanted to head down there and remove the valves from their valve stems. I'm talkin every tire on every car in the driveway. I would get so much enjoyment out of that. lol.[/QUOTE]

Quoted for truth

A better idea on the valve cores. Back them out about one quarter, morons trying to solve a slow tire leak are much more fun! Or place a pair of cinder blocks under the drive axel. The tires move, but the car won't. These coments are made in jest and are not to be taken literally. Please do not try this at home....

but it would be fun.

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #25
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3193 Times on 1930 Posts
Likes Given: 3069

When you go to talk to the cops or the town council about this (when, not if), ask them if there are any steps you can take to be sure your video is admissible in court. If they say you can't ensure the chain of evidence or some other such BS, then you could "try them in the media". See if anyone in your neighborhood knows any of the local TV news folks. A story on law abiding citizens trying to take useful, legal action to correct a problem is probably unusual enough to get some air time! Some footage of the speeders (together with some footage describing the unsuccessful visit to the authorities if necessary) may help.

Or you and your neighbors could take up the historic past time of playing catch with paintballs! Of course, chances are that the first time one of you throws a paintball across the street a speeder might just happen to be in the way... "I swear, officer, I thought I had time to get the paintball across the street, but the car got here faster than I expected!"
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
LuckyJ,
Where are you located? That could make a difference.

My dad had a similar problem (no fatalities though) and they addressed it by contacting the property owner in parallel with constantly contacting the police and the university nearby (the tenants were university students). Dad was thinking about firing a shotgun through the front window of the house during a party, but I talked him into a less confrontational resolution. Dad is like a Honey Badger, he's 85 years old and doesn't give a cr@p. (borrowed from another member here. Credit given?)
I am in North Alabama

Old 01-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota
When you go to talk to the cops or the town council about this (when, not if), ask them if there are any steps you can take to be sure your video is admissible in court. If they say you can't ensure the chain of evidence or some other such BS, then you could "try them in the media". See if anyone in your neighborhood knows any of the local TV news folks. A story on law abiding citizens trying to take useful, legal action to correct a problem is probably unusual enough to get some air time! Some footage of the speeders (together with some footage describing the unsuccessful visit to the authorities if necessary) may help.

Or you and your neighbors could take up the historic past time of playing catch with paintballs! Of course, chances are that the first time one of you throws a paintball across the street a speeder might just happen to be in the way... "I swear, officer, I thought I had time to get the paintball across the street, but the car got here faster than I expected!"
Hahahaha! I bet the officer on scene would find that to be entertaining. I sure would if someone said that to me. Lol