Neighborhood Speeders - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Neighborhood Speeders


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 11:02 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Welcome to Earf
Posts: 5,668
Liked 4864 Times on 2424 Posts
Likes Given: 1188

Default

You could get a .50 Beowolf, and find out if it really does crack engine blocks.
__________________
Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.
Mosin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:21 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
luckyj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 261
Liked 82 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin
You could get a .50 Beowolf, and find out if it really does crack engine blocks.
Lol. I would like to see the look on their face when they walk out to see the whole fender blown off of their car.

So several of the neighbors are on board to keep an eye out to report these people when they see them speeding. Also spoke with the sheriff and he is going to put out one of the speed checkers on our street for a couple of days. Hopefully they will get the idea. Ahhhh I like progress.

Thanks for all the great ideas guys. Much appreciated.
luckyj is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:43 AM   #23
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9093 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

LuckyJ,
Where are you located? That could make a difference.

My dad had a similar problem (no fatalities though) and they addressed it by contacting the property owner in parallel with constantly contacting the police and the university nearby (the tenants were university students). Dad was thinking about firing a shotgun through the front window of the house during a party, but I talked him into a less confrontational resolution. Dad is like a Honey Badger, he's 85 years old and doesn't give a cr@p. (borrowed from another member here. Credit given?)
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kfox75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wrong side of the tracks, Erie PA,
Posts: 4,941
Liked 3710 Times on 2268 Posts
Likes Given: 20412

Default

If it had been my kid the creep hit, I'm afraid I would be the one on trial.

So many times I have just wanted to head down there and remove the valves from their valve stems. I'm talkin every tire on every car in the driveway. I would get so much enjoyment out of that. lol.[/QUOTE]

Quoted for truth

A better idea on the valve cores. Back them out about one quarter, morons trying to solve a slow tire leak are much more fun! Or place a pair of cinder blocks under the drive axel. The tires move, but the car won't. These coments are made in jest and are not to be taken literally. Please do not try this at home....







but it would be fun.
__________________
If I have to explain why I ride, you wouldn't understand. Explaining sex to an alien would be easier than explaining the feeling, one that boils all that is going on in your life down to what really matters each time you are in The Wind. All I can say is, Life is not Life without it.
kfox75 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #25
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Balota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Glenpool, Oklahoma
Posts: 5,924
Liked 4814 Times on 2841 Posts
Likes Given: 3971

Default

When you go to talk to the cops or the town council about this (when, not if), ask them if there are any steps you can take to be sure your video is admissible in court. If they say you can't ensure the chain of evidence or some other such BS, then you could "try them in the media". See if anyone in your neighborhood knows any of the local TV news folks. A story on law abiding citizens trying to take useful, legal action to correct a problem is probably unusual enough to get some air time! Some footage of the speeders (together with some footage describing the unsuccessful visit to the authorities if necessary) may help.

Or you and your neighbors could take up the historic past time of playing catch with paintballs! Of course, chances are that the first time one of you throws a paintball across the street a speeder might just happen to be in the way... "I swear, officer, I thought I had time to get the paintball across the street, but the car got here faster than I expected!"
__________________
Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.
Generalizations are (almost) always bad.
Balota is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
luckyj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 261
Liked 82 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
LuckyJ,
Where are you located? That could make a difference.

My dad had a similar problem (no fatalities though) and they addressed it by contacting the property owner in parallel with constantly contacting the police and the university nearby (the tenants were university students). Dad was thinking about firing a shotgun through the front window of the house during a party, but I talked him into a less confrontational resolution. Dad is like a Honey Badger, he's 85 years old and doesn't give a cr@p. (borrowed from another member here. Credit given?)
I am in North Alabama
luckyj is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
luckyj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 261
Liked 82 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota
When you go to talk to the cops or the town council about this (when, not if), ask them if there are any steps you can take to be sure your video is admissible in court. If they say you can't ensure the chain of evidence or some other such BS, then you could "try them in the media". See if anyone in your neighborhood knows any of the local TV news folks. A story on law abiding citizens trying to take useful, legal action to correct a problem is probably unusual enough to get some air time! Some footage of the speeders (together with some footage describing the unsuccessful visit to the authorities if necessary) may help.

Or you and your neighbors could take up the historic past time of playing catch with paintballs! Of course, chances are that the first time one of you throws a paintball across the street a speeder might just happen to be in the way... "I swear, officer, I thought I had time to get the paintball across the street, but the car got here faster than I expected!"
Hahahaha! I bet the officer on scene would find that to be entertaining. I sure would if someone said that to me. Lol
luckyj is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Criminals in your neighborhood Dillinger The Club House 48 01-16-2012 12:54 AM
is this too much for the neighborhood watch ? rigjumpr Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 9 09-12-2011 08:43 PM
UN Gun Control Coming to Your Neighborhood? KalashnikovJosh Legal and Activism 21 05-26-2010 09:59 PM
Neighborhood break-in LunchBox The Club House 5 09-20-2007 11:45 PM