Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   neighbor hood's...free? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/neighbor-hoods-free-59698/)

kryptar19 03-08-2012 12:17 AM

neighbor hood's...free?

So what do you guys think about people trying to regulate who can live in their neighbor hoods?

Dosent that go against the U.S.A's whole "home of the free" theme?

I know its to stop people who have commited crimes to live in "good" communities, but where else will they go? Do people expect them to live in areas of high crime rates where they will feel like its ok to commit crimes?

I understand both sides of this topic. I just want to know what you guys think.

dog2000tj 03-08-2012 01:06 AM

I'd rather not have a criminal living in my neighborhood, I feel that once a criminal most likely to remain a criminal :cool:

I have zero faith that our justice/prison system is capable of rehabilitating anyone. It's a draconian system that needs a major revamping with better minds at the helm at all levels

canebrake 03-08-2012 01:10 AM

I think they should be able to live wherever they want!

(...except in my neighborhood.) :p

LONGHAIR 03-08-2012 02:02 AM

Yes...Let them live where-ever they want...I have a gun.....

robocop10mm 03-08-2012 03:37 AM

There is a neighborhood near my Uncle (outside Indianapolis) that has deed restrictions in place prohibiting non-Police/Fire/EMS people frolm living there or owning a lot. I think they call it "Public Service Acres". ZERO crime. With all the shift work going on, there is always someone coming or going.

readygirl 03-08-2012 04:17 AM

I dont have a neighborhood, i live out in the boondocks. But having a good school system, and keeping property values up tends to keep the rif-raf out. And i dont think the crackheads / theives / etc. really want to live in good areas anyway,too many do gooders watching what goes on, and calling the cops all the time. They dont do well in that invironment, they prefer to live among their own kind. I dated a cop, he always talked about how when there is a shooting / stabbing / robbery / etc. in the hood, there are never any witnesses LOL.....

Mason609 03-08-2012 04:20 AM

I grew up in an Irish neighborhood run by an Irish mobster. The only crime we had there was from his people (which, honestly, wasn't much, they did all their "deeds" outside the neighborhood). After he left, the place went to hell. So, I guess it all depends on the criminal.

Durangokid 03-08-2012 04:22 AM

I would hate to live in a Hood like that. My big fear it would be filled with real criminals. Like the Kennedys, Clintons, Obamas, Fondas etc.:D

vincent 03-08-2012 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mason609 (Post 732770)
I grew up in an Irish neighborhood run by an Irish mobster. The only crime we had there was from his people (which, honestly, wasn't much, they did all their "deeds" outside the neighborhood). After he left, the place went to hell. So, I guess it all depends on the criminal.

Ahhh yes, ol' Whitey, haven't heard that name in a dog's age! Didn't they just get him recently? I wonder if he had enough time to spend his Megabucks winnings...or was that Billy that won?

Mason609 03-08-2012 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durangokid (Post 732775)
I would hate to live in a Hood like that. My big fear it would be filled with real criminals. Like the Kennedys, Clintons, Obamas, Fondas etc.:D

Yeah, my criminal was James "Whitey" Bulger.