Negligent Discharge At NC Gunshow Injures Three
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Negligent Discharge At NC Gunshow Injures Three

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 01:22 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2251 Times on 1225 Posts
Likes Given: 3517

Default Negligent Discharge At NC Gunshow Injures Three

Yep, a Mensa candidate had a shotgun go off at a NC gunshow.

http://news.yahoo.com/three-hurt-firearm-accident-north-carolina-gun-show-234451916.html

Quote:
(Reuters) - Three people including a retired sheriff's deputy were wounded on Saturday at a gun show in North Carolina when a 12-gauge shotgun accidentally discharged as its owner was taking it out of its case, state officials said.

.................................................. .................................................. ......

Saturday's shooting occurred when Gary Lynn Wilson, 36, of Wilmington, North Carolina, approached the entrance of the Dixie Gun and Knife Show in Raleigh to have his personal firearm inspected.

The shotgun fired as he removed it from its case, according to a statement by the North Carolina Department of Agriculture, a host of the gun show.

Two patrons of the gun show were injured - a 50-year-old man and a 54-year-old woman - as was a 54-year-old retired Wake County Sheriff's deputy who was working at the show. None of the injuries were life-threatening, the statement said.

Last edited by alsaqr; 01-20-2013 at 01:45 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-20-2013, 01:29 AM   #2

Liked 2759 Times on 1243 Posts
Likes Given: 2655

Why do people pick up a firearm by the trigger? Mensa candidate.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:33 AM   #3

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts

Why do you take loaded gun to a gunshow I was gonna go today glad I didn't

Old 01-20-2013, 02:12 AM   #4

Liked 4527 Times on 2254 Posts
Likes Given: 1018

Cases aren't bulletproof... Treat them as such...

Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:43 AM   #5
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1106 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 242

OMG !

Always act as if every gun is loaded. Always. This is as much to blame on the holders of the show, as the owner of the gun. When they required the man show his weapon and they were putting a tie on the action, is when it went off.

Great timing, on the day everyone was gathering to dawn support for gun rights.

I smell a rat in this story, because of the timing and possibly the event itself. Fishy.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:59 AM   #6

Liked 398 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10
OMG !

Always act as if every gun is loaded. Always. This is as much to blame on the holders of the show, as the owner of the gun. When they required the man show his weapon and they were putting a tie on the action, is when it went off.

Great timing, on the day everyone was gathering to dawn support for gun rights.

I smell a rat in this story, because of the timing and possibly the event itself. Fishy.
Not every gun owner is an intelligent and responsible person. Hell, even good people make mistakes.

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 01-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #7
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3106 Times on 1785 Posts
Likes Given: 1320

Another reason that they will use to close the "gun show loop".

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 01-20-2013, 01:02 PM   #8

Liked 779 Times on 611 Posts

i shoot at a range that has a genuine road side size billboard in the entrance that says no loaded guns allowed on the range. if you present a loaded gun at inspection, they send you home.
they send home 1 a day on the average.
its because of all you shtf dorks that are afraid the world is going to end, thats why.
gotta have a loaded gun at all times.
geeesh.
and too, hunters are too lazy to unload clean and rack a gun after a long hunt day. next time they grab the gun, its loaded.
this has been going on for decades.
heck, liberals werent the original threat nra use to write magazines articles on, it was on idiot owners that had loaded guns all the time.

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 01-20-2013, 01:08 PM   #9

Liked 284 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post
i shoot at a range that has agenuine billboard inthe entrancethat says no loaded guns allowed on th range. if you present a loaded gun at inspection, they send you home.
they send home 1 day on the average.
its because of all you shtf dorks that are afraid the world is going to end, thats why.
gotta have a loaded gun at all times.
geeesh.
and too, hunters are too lazy to unload clean and rack a gun after a long hunt day. next timethey grab the gun, its loaded.
this has been going on for decades.
heck, liberals werent the original threat nra use to write magazines articles on, it was on idiot owners that had loaded guns all the time.
When I go to the range my carry weapon is always loaded. And ALL but two guns at my house are loaded all the time. And thats because they were my Grandfathers and ive never shot them. What type of range do you go to that has to check every firearm before you can go shoot? At my local range I show up, they tell me what lane I have and off I go.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #10

Liked 125 Times on 89 Posts

Happened here in Ohio yesterday too. holy crap, and a quick google serch says Indiana too!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/19/us/north-carolina-gun-show-shooting/index.html

so, are "we" gun owners becoming dumber by the day, or was this "sabotage" by the pro-gun control crowd? "I know, we'll infiltrate gun shows all across the country, 'accidentally-on-purpose' shoot someone, then the whole country will want us to close down gun shows, and ban everything!!"

I don't believe in conspiracy theories like that though, just poking fun. I think the real issue is as stated, gun owners who don't know what they're doing, and are "prepared for SHTF at a moment's notice" by having their weapons chambered all the time while thinking the trigger is a handle.