Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Negligent Discharge At NC Gunshow Injures Three (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/negligent-discharge-nc-gunshow-injures-three-81884/)

alsaqr 01-20-2013 01:22 AM

Negligent Discharge At NC Gunshow Injures Three

Yep, a Mensa candidate had a shotgun go off at a NC gunshow.

http://news.yahoo.com/three-hurt-firearm-accident-north-carolina-gun-show-234451916.html

Quote:

(Reuters) - Three people including a retired sheriff's deputy were wounded on Saturday at a gun show in North Carolina when a 12-gauge shotgun accidentally discharged as its owner was taking it out of its case, state officials said.

.................................................. .................................................. ......

Saturday's shooting occurred when Gary Lynn Wilson, 36, of Wilmington, North Carolina, approached the entrance of the Dixie Gun and Knife Show in Raleigh to have his personal firearm inspected.

The shotgun fired as he removed it from its case, according to a statement by the North Carolina Department of Agriculture, a host of the gun show.

Two patrons of the gun show were injured - a 50-year-old man and a 54-year-old woman - as was a 54-year-old retired Wake County Sheriff's deputy who was working at the show. None of the injuries were life-threatening, the statement said.

rjd3282 01-20-2013 01:29 AM

Why do people pick up a firearm by the trigger? Mensa candidate. :D

carbon15man 01-20-2013 01:33 AM

Why do you take loaded gun to a gunshow I was gonna go today glad I didn't

Mosin 01-20-2013 02:12 AM

Cases aren't bulletproof... Treat them as such...

AR10 01-20-2013 06:43 AM

OMG !

Always act as if every gun is loaded. Always. This is as much to blame on the holders of the show, as the owner of the gun. When they required the man show his weapon and they were putting a tie on the action, is when it went off.

Great timing, on the day everyone was gathering to dawn support for gun rights.

I smell a rat in this story, because of the timing and possibly the event itself. Fishy.

TheSadPanda 01-20-2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AR10
OMG !

Always act as if every gun is loaded. Always. This is as much to blame on the holders of the show, as the owner of the gun. When they required the man show his weapon and they were putting a tie on the action, is when it went off.

Great timing, on the day everyone was gathering to dawn support for gun rights.

I smell a rat in this story, because of the timing and possibly the event itself. Fishy.

Not every gun owner is an intelligent and responsible person. Hell, even good people make mistakes.

danf_fl 01-20-2013 11:43 AM

Another reason that they will use to close the "gun show loop".

bobski 01-20-2013 01:02 PM

i shoot at a range that has a genuine road side size billboard in the entrance that says no loaded guns allowed on the range. if you present a loaded gun at inspection, they send you home.
they send home 1 a day on the average.
its because of all you shtf dorks that are afraid the world is going to end, thats why.
gotta have a loaded gun at all times.
geeesh.
and too, hunters are too lazy to unload clean and rack a gun after a long hunt day. next time they grab the gun, its loaded.
this has been going on for decades.
heck, liberals werent the original threat nra use to write magazines articles on, it was on idiot owners that had loaded guns all the time.

fupuk 01-20-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobski (Post 1102022)
i shoot at a range that has agenuine billboard inthe entrancethat says no loaded guns allowed on th range. if you present a loaded gun at inspection, they send you home.
they send home 1 day on the average.
its because of all you shtf dorks that are afraid the world is going to end, thats why.
gotta have a loaded gun at all times.
geeesh.
and too, hunters are too lazy to unload clean and rack a gun after a long hunt day. next timethey grab the gun, its loaded.
this has been going on for decades.
heck, liberals werent the original threat nra use to write magazines articles on, it was on idiot owners that had loaded guns all the time.

When I go to the range my carry weapon is always loaded. And ALL but two guns at my house are loaded all the time. And thats because they were my Grandfathers and ive never shot them. What type of range do you go to that has to check every firearm before you can go shoot? At my local range I show up, they tell me what lane I have and off I go.

70cuda383 01-20-2013 01:12 PM

Happened here in Ohio yesterday too. holy crap, and a quick google serch says Indiana too!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/19/us/north-carolina-gun-show-shooting/index.html

so, are "we" gun owners becoming dumber by the day, or was this "sabotage" by the pro-gun control crowd? "I know, we'll infiltrate gun shows all across the country, 'accidentally-on-purpose' shoot someone, then the whole country will want us to close down gun shows, and ban everything!!"

I don't believe in conspiracy theories like that though, just poking fun. I think the real issue is as stated, gun owners who don't know what they're doing, and are "prepared for SHTF at a moment's notice" by having their weapons chambered all the time while thinking the trigger is a handle.