Need some weight gain advice..! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Need some weight gain advice..!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4288 Times on 2386 Posts
Likes Given: 21553

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum View Post
With a spinal injury, I would consult with a doctor before doing extensive weight training. I would do as much weight training as you can safely do; it releases endorphins and encourages the body's production of testosterone. You mention martial arts -- do you do tai chi? I would suggest that as a way of rehibilation.
Good advice and thanks..! I have talked to all people involved , and if most of them were mechanics , I,d fire them..! They categorize me as a typical , 60+
But there is nothing normal about me nor typical..! Not special , not by any means better than anybody else , but do have a gift of vision and a methodical
, practical , approach to everything I do..! Was extremely active up until the first surgery wich didn,t go well , But I have leaned different ways to accomplish many things..! Had to learn many things all over again , like an infant..!
Eeeeek..! Was great test of patients and am well pleased with my new ways to do old things , love the challenge and am really positive about everything..!

Only one of the doctors agrees with me and understands me to a point..! The others , well , they would not have done t he things I desire in the first place so they can,t even guess what I am capable of...! For real..! Oh yeah and I,ve made amazing improvements , dats right...!

Old 05-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #12
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8527 Times on 5093 Posts
Likes Given: 11152

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
I have a thread I started about the same thing a few months ago. It's called "workout diets" and has a lot of good advice in it. As soon as I get home, I'll post a link as I am on the app right now and have no idea how to do it from here
Here is the thread Shag was talking about......

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/workout-diets-83462/
dango Likes This 
Old 05-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #13

Liked 1147 Times on 594 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango

Good advice and thanks..! I have talked to all people involved , and if most of them were mechanics , I,d fire them..! They categorize me as a typical , 60+
But there is nothing normal about me nor typical..! Not special , not by any means better than anybody else , but do have a gift of vision and a methodical
, practical , approach to everything I do..! Was extremely active up until the first surgery wich didn,t go well , But I have leaned different ways to accomplish many things..! Had to learn many things all over again , like an infant..!
Eeeeek..! Was great test of patients and am well pleased with my new ways to do old things , love the challenge and am really positive about everything..!

Only one of the doctors agrees with me and understands me to a point..! The others , well , they would not have done t he things I desire in the first place so they can,t even guess what I am capable of...! For real..! Oh yeah and I,ve made amazing improvements , dats right...!
It sounds as if you certainly have the attitude and the will to keep improving. Congrats on not giving in to "expert" opinions.
dango Likes This 
Old 05-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #14

Liked 3615 Times on 2065 Posts
Likes Given: 2506

dango - Bee happy, eat your honey!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
dango - Bee happy, eat your honey!
Well , there in lies a problem..! The wife was taken in by the scare tactics these so called doctors were preaching..! She is one who would see me in that rocker ,
ithat ain,t going to happen.! She has seen me go through some scary things and it broke her.!
She can,t see me do this , she left me a week and a half ago . My mother once told me some wise things.! If you love something , let it go freely and if it returns , well , you know..!

My choices are well thought out and with the advise of the one doctor I trust , I,m doing what needs to be done..! I will not control anybody but me , nor will she control me..! She,s just scared and time will tell , I,m ok with this and it is the right thing it,s what I need to do .! My spirit soars and this is right..!
DFlynt Likes This 
Old 05-01-2013, 10:28 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Ok then , bitter sweet and a very bad joke..! Nobody caught that , good..!

Since that post , I have surrounded myself with all things I love and make me Dango..! Altimeter , love it , pistols , love them , some 45/70,s , sensual and
Always puts a smile on..!

I think some good ole fashion rasing or perhaps insults are appropriate.! That stuff is always fun ., ! Like any chess player , I like the sheer whit of it all..!
Maybe I am truly insane , but it just feels so right..! HOO Yaul..! Eeek.!

Old 05-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #17
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8740 Times on 4710 Posts
Likes Given: 18492

I agree with C3. Go nuts with peanut butter. Try some shakes (even weight loss shakes.) And a multivitamin.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:51 PM   #18

Liked 176 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 165

This plan is pretty intense, but if you can keep up with it you will definitely gain some weight.

http://www.hardgainersguide.com/hardgainers-diet-a-complete-meal-plan/
Old 05-03-2013, 03:40 AM   #19

Liked 2119 Times on 1351 Posts
Likes Given: 1217

I know, Dango. I had major heart surgery a little over a year ago, and while I've regained a good bit of upper body strength back (still nowhere near pre op), my legs are still extremely weak.
He'll, Heck, I thought I'd for Hiking in the mountains by now.
Being on my feet for almost twelve hours at work is about all I can take.
dango Likes This 
Old 05-03-2013, 03:57 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatme98 View Post
I know, Dango. I had major heart surgery a little over a year ago, and while I've regained a good bit of upper body strength back (still nowhere near pre op), my legs are still extremely weak.
He'll, Heck, I thought I'd for Hiking in the mountains by now.
Being on my feet for almost twelve hours at work is about all I can take.
Twelve hours.., ! Don,t do that much longer., it will kill your spirit , then you..!
I busted my butt for many years to become independent so,s I could do the things that make life , life..! It wasn't easy and very stressful at times , but also , I could back off when the need arose..! Kept me happy..!

What good is gold and diamonds to the dead..?