Need some weight gain advice..! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Need some weight gain advice..!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3461 Times on 1934 Posts
Likes Given: 19298

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum View Post
With a spinal injury, I would consult with a doctor before doing extensive weight training. I would do as much weight training as you can safely do; it releases endorphins and encourages the body's production of testosterone. You mention martial arts -- do you do tai chi? I would suggest that as a way of rehibilation.
Good advice and thanks..! I have talked to all people involved , and if most of them were mechanics , I,d fire them..! They categorize me as a typical , 60+
But there is nothing normal about me nor typical..! Not special , not by any means better than anybody else , but do have a gift of vision and a methodical
, practical , approach to everything I do..! Was extremely active up until the first surgery wich didn,t go well , But I have leaned different ways to accomplish many things..! Had to learn many things all over again , like an infant..!
Eeeeek..! Was great test of patients and am well pleased with my new ways to do old things , love the challenge and am really positive about everything..!

Only one of the doctors agrees with me and understands me to a point..! The others , well , they would not have done t he things I desire in the first place so they can,t even guess what I am capable of...! For real..! Oh yeah and I,ve made amazing improvements , dats right...!

Old 05-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #12
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7813 Times on 4689 Posts
Likes Given: 9825

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
I have a thread I started about the same thing a few months ago. It's called "workout diets" and has a lot of good advice in it. As soon as I get home, I'll post a link as I am on the app right now and have no idea how to do it from here
Here is the thread Shag was talking about......

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/workout-diets-83462/
dango Likes This 
Old 05-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #13

Liked 1143 Times on 592 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango

Good advice and thanks..! I have talked to all people involved , and if most of them were mechanics , I,d fire them..! They categorize me as a typical , 60+
But there is nothing normal about me nor typical..! Not special , not by any means better than anybody else , but do have a gift of vision and a methodical
, practical , approach to everything I do..! Was extremely active up until the first surgery wich didn,t go well , But I have leaned different ways to accomplish many things..! Had to learn many things all over again , like an infant..!
Eeeeek..! Was great test of patients and am well pleased with my new ways to do old things , love the challenge and am really positive about everything..!

Only one of the doctors agrees with me and understands me to a point..! The others , well , they would not have done t he things I desire in the first place so they can,t even guess what I am capable of...! For real..! Oh yeah and I,ve made amazing improvements , dats right...!
It sounds as if you certainly have the attitude and the will to keep improving. Congrats on not giving in to "expert" opinions.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3174 Times on 1830 Posts
Likes Given: 2037

dango - Bee happy, eat your honey!

Old 05-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
dango - Bee happy, eat your honey!
Well , there in lies a problem..! The wife was taken in by the scare tactics these so called doctors were preaching..! She is one who would see me in that rocker ,
ithat ain,t going to happen.! She has seen me go through some scary things and it broke her.!
She can,t see me do this , she left me a week and a half ago . My mother once told me some wise things.! If you love something , let it go freely and if it returns , well , you know..!

My choices are well thought out and with the advise of the one doctor I trust , I,m doing what needs to be done..! I will not control anybody but me , nor will she control me..! She,s just scared and time will tell , I,m ok with this and it is the right thing it,s what I need to do .! My spirit soars and this is right..!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:28 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Ok then , bitter sweet and a very bad joke..! Nobody caught that , good..!

Since that post , I have surrounded myself with all things I love and make me Dango..! Altimeter , love it , pistols , love them , some 45/70,s , sensual and
Always puts a smile on..!

I think some good ole fashion rasing or perhaps insults are appropriate.! That stuff is always fun ., ! Like any chess player , I like the sheer whit of it all..!
Maybe I am truly insane , but it just feels so right..! HOO Yaul..! Eeek.!

Old 05-01-2013, 11:56 PM   #17
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7801 Times on 4228 Posts
Likes Given: 16491

I agree with C3. Go nuts with peanut butter. Try some shakes (even weight loss shakes.) And a multivitamin.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

dango Likes This 
Old 05-02-2013, 12:51 AM   #18

Liked 176 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 165

This plan is pretty intense, but if you can keep up with it you will definitely gain some weight.

http://www.hardgainersguide.com/hardgainers-diet-a-complete-meal-plan/

We must always fear evil men, but there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most... And that is the indifference of good men!

dango Likes This 
Old 05-03-2013, 04:40 AM   #19

Liked 2117 Times on 1351 Posts
Likes Given: 1217

I know, Dango. I had major heart surgery a little over a year ago, and while I've regained a good bit of upper body strength back (still nowhere near pre op), my legs are still extremely weak.
He'll, Heck, I thought I'd for Hiking in the mountains by now.
Being on my feet for almost twelve hours at work is about all I can take.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:57 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatme98 View Post
I know, Dango. I had major heart surgery a little over a year ago, and while I've regained a good bit of upper body strength back (still nowhere near pre op), my legs are still extremely weak.
He'll, Heck, I thought I'd for Hiking in the mountains by now.
Being on my feet for almost twelve hours at work is about all I can take.
Twelve hours.., ! Don,t do that much longer., it will kill your spirit , then you..!
I busted my butt for many years to become independent so,s I could do the things that make life , life..! It wasn't easy and very stressful at times , but also , I could back off when the need arose..! Kept me happy..!

What good is gold and diamonds to the dead..?