Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Need some help on Tattoos

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 12:51 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Today is day one in my quest to quit smoking... It is hard as hell but i know it needs to be done. I really dont care about the health problems related to smoking but Im joining the army soon and Im sick of spending 6.50 a day on Cigarettes. One thing that keeps me going is the fact that ill have alot more money for Guns and gear. He he he... As far as tattoos go i have 9 and i dont regret them one bit. But they are all religious.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix

Old 08-19-2009, 01:39 AM   #52

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Get a tattoo of a 1911.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:19 AM   #53

Liked 1084 Times on 638 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Your 19, you want a tattoo that's great! But take it from people older than you, get it where you can hide it if you want to, for example job interviews. I have a nice one on my back, its visible when I want it to be but it will not affect an interview process or make me appear unprofessional.

I'm not saying tattoo's always make you appear that way but they can depending on what you get, even if it means something to you, if you end up being in sales it can affect your livelihood and usually not in a good way.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 08-19-2009, 04:43 AM   #54

Thanks Yunus! I guess its back to the drawing board.

S.S.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:42 PM   #55

I got a tattoo at 21 simply because my friend talked me into it, but I thought long and hard about it, realizing it was permanent, and even went so far as to ponder putting my Daddy's name across the back of my neck! WOW! Glad I didn't do that, he would've really despised that. I ended up getting a tat on my left shoulder blade of two panther claws clawing their way out of my back. (I said "Mom! Do you like it!" She was so shocked all she could say was, "Well. I can't take the skin off your back, can I?" ) I don't regret mine even though the original reason I got it was really ignorant, but now I can look at it in a different light. Looks decent, hidden by shirts, wasn't painful, but was way expensive at 160 bucks (But a great clean shop so it's all good). Mildly annoying as I was told it would only take an hour and ended up taking 2, but the guy who did it was great. It's TRUE what some say, that once you get one you'll always want another (least for me) I would agree with getting it below T-shirt lines, even though most employers are opening up to tat's that show. A friend of mine practically has sleeves and works for a health insurance company, but there are no guarantees who will be okay with what anymore. Just be sure if you want it, you get what you want and pick a reputable person/tat shop to do it. I like the placement of mine because I can wear a shirt and hide it, or wear a wife-beater and show it. Good luck on your experience.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:58 PM   #56

I'm under 25 and have 4 tattoos but you would have no idea if you met me and I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. I have plans for another 4 or 5 more down the road and they will all be easily hidden. I suggest you think long and hard before you your tattoo. For all of mine I came up with the initial idea and waited at least 3 months before going into the shop to get it done. Research like crazy before you decide on an artist and expect to pay for quality.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:56 PM   #57

Shotgun Shooter, at 18 or 19 you're still "wet behind the ears" as my father said. As I got older I realized he was right. Not to piss you off, but to read that you want to tattoo yourself with your name down your arm is disturbing. Yes, you certainly have the freedom to do so, but remember that with freedom comes responsibility and consequences. As with "freedom of speech" you can say whatever you wish, but if what you say incites hysteria or chaos you may be held responsible for damages or injuries. The problem with a tattoo as obvious as you are thinking about is that at some point in time your appearance may reflect negatively upon your social or employability status. What you look like on the outside IS a reflection of what you are on the inside, at least in the mental sense. The impression may be invalid or false, but a negative impression is most frequently the result of a tattoo as obvious as the one you are thinking about. On a female even the smallest tattoo is frequently referred to as a "Tramp Stamp."

When in the military I was tempted to get a tattoo when several of my buddies did. Fortunately I did not and now am so happy I did not. My business and social life would not have progressed as successfully as it had. Like guns and alcohol do not mix, neither does a tattoo'd body and a mature social and business life.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:21 PM   #58

Mods, please close. This isnt really going anywhere.

S.S.

Closed Thread