Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Need some help on Tattoos

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 12:37 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Here's the deal. About 20 years ago, I got the tattoo bug and I started drawing. I wanted something no one else had. I couldn't just pick one out of a book or a magazine, it had to be all me.

So, I drew, and I drew and I drew some more. I still have all the sketches. One of them I put, probably, close to 100 hours in changing, modifying, adding things and symbols.

The thing is, I was never happy enough with it to pull the trigger and get it done.

Now, almost 20 years later, I have looked at what I had drawn dozens of times and I still think it's cool, but it no longer expresses who I am, who I have become. Everything that I thought I wanted on my skin for life, isn't what I want on it now.

I don't have any tattoos. I have several scars, and those are expressly mine, but I don't have any tats.

My reasons were many, outside of the identifying marks and the forever on the skin stuff, it was just never a strong enough conviction to get one.

However, if there was one I would recommend, it would be a meat tag. Something that had all your vitals on it and your identification, because you just never know....

JD

Old 08-17-2009, 01:27 AM   #32

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Here you go here is a tat that everyone needs.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:12 AM   #33

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Tattoos are great. Some advice? Don't get anything that is important to you now. Ideals change and the cool demon you want to put on your chest will taunt you mercilessly when you get interested in a preacher's daughter in 10 years on your first mission trip after getting saved....

Get something meaningless, but timeless.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:26 AM   #34

Should I be like everyone else and get a cross on my body? Since you know, its the cool thing to do.

S.S.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:36 AM   #35
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

SS, if it isn't something important to you then don't bother. Why carry an off the shelf or a tat that seems cool at the time. Keep it personal, that way no matter what you can explain the meaning. The ink I have is truly personal and I can look anyone in the eyes and explain it with pride.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:53 AM   #36

Ahh. Yeah, I do need to find one with meaning. I dont want something everyone else. I'm not a mainstream kind of person.

My favorite baseball team is the Cardinals and football team is the Bills. If I were mainstream, it'd be the Yankees and the Patriots.

S.S.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:10 AM   #37

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

If/when you decide SS, get the chosen artist to work up something custom. It will cost a lot more and take time and consultation to design, but you'll end up with something you know is unique, which no one else has.

Remember the old maxim: a cheap tattoo isn't good and a good tattoo isn't cheap...

Old 08-17-2009, 08:49 AM   #38

Liked 73 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Tats suck.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:52 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
Tats suck.
Thank you..THANK YOU. Your post is so worthy, I think I'll let the staff know that if they need a mod that you should be their first choice. I'm not sure how you do it, but that post has inspired me to create my new religion that is based on you. You're some sort of superhuman genius.

But, really..what the ****?

S.S.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:19 PM   #40

Liked 73 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun Shooter View Post
Thank you..THANK YOU. Your post is so worthy, I think I'll let the staff know that if they need a mod that you should be their first choice. I'm not sure how you do it, but that post has inspired me to create my new religion that is based on you. You're some sort of superhuman genius.

But, really..what the ****?

S.S.

Just my opinion. I don't have any desire to be a mod here but it might amuse you to know I have been a mod on four other forums and still am on two of them.

Closed Thread