Need some help on Tattoos - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Need some help on Tattoos

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 05:55 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

ok.. I have 5 tattoos. Everyone of them has a meaning to me. Daughter's names, A band around left bicep and 2 archery related tats..( used to compete in Cal. )

All I can say is if you truly want a tattoo, keep it above shirt lines. That way you can hide them at job interviews. Not EVERYBODY understands. But becoming more acceptable to society..

Instead of your whole name, might I suggest a "coat of arms" for your family name ? On the shoulder, chest or back ? Easy to hide but yet can be displayed proudly with the right shirt..

Yes, they do fade but nowadays the ink used stays more vibrant for many more years. I waited till I was in my 30's to get my first tat and it still looks great.

Oh, and a shotgun tat "might" be a red flag to Law Enforcement. Especially if you ever decide to get a concealed weapons permit. You have to list all permanent scars and tats on your form. If ANY convicts have a shotgun tat, it will delay your application..

Just my honest opinion from one who does have tats..

And where the hell did the smoking comments come from on a tattoo question ? Excuse me while I crack a beer and go outside to smoke a cig..

Old 08-16-2009, 06:03 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesicarry View Post
Oh, and a shotgun tat "might" be a red flag to Law Enforcement. Especially if you ever decide to get a concealed weapons permit. You have to list all permanent scars and tats on your form. If ANY convicts have a shotgun tat, it will delay your application..
Well if you know anything about NY gun laws, you'd know getting a pistol is an adventure in itself.

Quote:
And where the hell did the smoking comments come from on a tattoo question ? Excuse me while I crack a beer and go outside to smoke a cig..
Good question...

S.S.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:07 AM   #13

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Sorry SS, guess I kinda went off on a Dad thing...It was you in this post http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/need-some-help-tattoos-16995/#post145319

People get the government they deserve.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:16 AM   #14

Its okay. I dont really need one, but..idk.

S.S.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:36 AM   #15

I was 30 before I got my first (and only) tattoo. It had to be something that meant something to me.

So, I spent a week with my best friend in Houston. She wanted to go out one night, so I told her, "great! let's go!" Well, she wanted to go to HER hangouts, and she thought I'd be too uncomfortable with it. I tried assuring her by telling her I'm not only cool with going to a gay bar with her, I'd even wear HER underwear! She didn't believe me.

Well, she took me shopping, as my clothes (5.11 pants and a polo shirt w/ desert tan boots) weren't "acceptable". So we're at the mall, and she's picking out clothes that made me look... uhm... "metrosexual". Well, I'm trying on these clothes, and I popped off, "you're trying to make me look like a gay guy!" She said, "I knew it! You're not cool with this!" I laughed and bought the clothes. I mean, hell, I didn't know anybody, and thought I wouldn't see these people again! Penny loafers, khaki socks, some nice slacks, and a button shirt with a thin black dress belt: $185.

So we're getting ready, and while she was putting on her makeup, she came out of her bathroom while I'm rummaging through her underwear drawer. "What are you doing!?" she asked. "I'm looking for the most comfortable pair of your underwear I can put on my fat ass!"

So I see these Superman boxer briefs. Ah ha! Got 'em!

Well let me tell ya! Boxer briefs for chicks are DEFINATELY made differently than boxer briefs for dudes! I had a great time, but I was UNCOMFORTABLE ALL NIGHT! But, I'm a man of my word.

So, I had a great night with my best friend in a gay bar. The next night, it hit me what I wanted for a tattoo...

The next night, she and I went out to the tattoo parlor a good friend of mine owns and I got it! You shoulda seen the look on their faces when I gave them her underwear to scan for the job

The moral of the story is, there's no harm in waiting for getting the tattoo that has the meaning you're looking for.

-=Jerry A. Goodson=-

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com

Old 08-16-2009, 09:51 AM   #16

Very fascinating story. LOL.

S.S.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:21 AM   #17

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Just got a sleeve finished, its been a work in progress over a couple of years. Still a bit uh, 'shorn' tho hehe. Short enough for a tshirt to cover it, so no problems with the 'public exposure' thing. Don't worry about it fading...as has been mentioned, modern day inks don't fade as much as ones used years ago. Using suncreen will also help keep it fresh. As for the pain...dunno how disturbing this is...but I got quite into the pain side of it...you get into a zone and there's something real addictive about it lol

But only you can decide if you want something permanent on your skin. Personally (being kinda nuttily artistic) yeah I don't have a problem with that

Old 08-16-2009, 12:36 PM   #18

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Ahhh hell SS, live it up, you are only young once. But if you want get old, stop that smoking and start doing some PT. That's all you will here from me on that. Now, back to the tatoo. Get one like this........

Jack

monkey-tatoo-image.jpg  

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-16-2009, 12:53 PM   #19

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Ahhh hell SS, live it up, you are only young once. But if you want get old, stop that smoking and start doing some PT. That's all you will here from me on that. Now, back to the tatoo. Get one like this........

Jack
Aw, dammit. Now I've got coffee to clean off my monitor again. (going to have to stop reading threads in the morning)

As for the tat, follow what the others have said and, if you really want one, get something that means something to you.

Regarding smoking (as part of the ambushed thread), I've been smoking since I was 19 (40 years) and I'll probably die of something related to that. No problem. I'm a member of ALCOR and they'll just toss my dead arse in a dewar of liquid Nitrogen until a "cure" is found.

Old 08-16-2009, 02:55 PM   #20

I have a few tats myself (no monkeys), I got my first one at 15. I am 31 now and if you listen to any advice on here. DONT get one in a visible place like you forearm. I have one on mine and now have to cover it when at work. I thought when i got that one I was going to be in construction all my life, well things change. Thats the only thing I regret about mine. Just make sure you can't see it with a short sleeve shirt. Because you never know where life will lead you.

Closed Thread