Need some help
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Need some help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 08:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Need some help

Recently I was asked to help a lady who's husband has died a while back about the value of some pistols and barrels she has of his.

She gave me a letter today and I'm reading it off and she has

Remington Shotgun Barrel 31 Inches 12 Gauge for 2 3/4 shells....eh not much help there....since this guy has a bunch of old colt revolvers maybe you can place the time period when I list the next ones....something tells me Remington 870

Remington 12 Gauge for 2 3/4 shells or shorter 30 3/4 (this is what she wrote...I'm not sure what she meant here...maybe she mean 3 and 3/4s? Or maybe that's the since of the barrel)

Barrel S1332 3Star PSF

Tradewinds (some illegible word) Model H150 12 Gauge 2 3/4 MOD made in italy barrel 30 1/2 (I think the last number is barrel size)

Official Police Special Colt MFG. 35 Special CTG....{I don't recall a 35 special but I think she may have meant 38.

Diamond Back .22 long Rifle Colt PT. F.A. MFG Haltford Conn.

Titan Raven Arms .25 auto (My mom has one of these...I know this is a saturday night special...of course one of the good SAT night specials.)

She gave me a couple of printed pics...I'm going to try and put them on here best I can...no promises on picture quality.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-28-2009, 08:37 PM   #2

Also guys she's willing to sell this stuff from what I gather...so maybe you guys can get a deal on some of this stuff?

My eyes are set on that Colt Special....yum.

Last edited by JiroZero713; 10-28-2009 at 08:42 PM.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:54 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

it would be in her best interest to have the guns looked at and valued/priced.
those colts are not cheap.you hear so many stories about widows getting ripped off don't let it happen to her.that colt diamondback 22 should be close to 1000.00 maybe more depending on cond.

pete

life member DAV.
"If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter -- and therefore, unsafe."

Old 10-28-2009, 11:42 PM   #4

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH-1 View Post
it would be in her best interest to have the guns looked at and valued/priced.
those colts are not cheap.you hear so many stories about widows getting ripped off don't let it happen to her.that colt diamondback 22 should be close to 1000.00 maybe more depending on cond.

pete
+1 for sure on that, the right thing to do would be to help her find the values of each so she doesn't get ripped off. What goes around comes around, maybe she'll reward you for being such a nice boy. Maybe not, but I guarantee you'll feel good about it.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:47 AM   #5

Problem is she is in the boondocks I think.

The shotgun barrels I would guess depending on the model would be around 100-200 bucks...they are all NIB never used barrels.

300 if they are rare.

For my services I think she offered me half off some of the items and I'm leaning towards the .22 Revolver if she's getting rid of it....as I can resell that to buy myself a 9mm and alot of ammo.

Since I'm helping her out and she is offering half for me helping her since others are ripping her off...hell she sold 5 rifles and a few shotguns for 1200 to some jerkwad just because she wanted to get rid of them...that made me sick to my stomach that a guy did that to her. I mean these are remington barrels...that means it was either 870 or 1100s and you can get far more for those type of shotguns than 1200 if he had several of them.

I'm thinking I might relieve her off the Colt Diamondback and put it up on here for you guys to buy from me at a severely good price....maybe 600. I'm not one for liking .22 revolvers and I'd like to give back to the community.

I told her to keep the .38 special though...that's a revolver to keep for the badguys who come in... .38 special in that size of a revolver should be perfect for her to use to take out any badguys who break in.

The Raven I don't want to be involved with...apprantly it was used in a suicide and taboo guns like that I tend to stay clear of.

I told her to send me pics of the barrel's boxes and all information so I can help her out with those.

I need to know for what remington they are for.

Last edited by JiroZero713; 10-29-2009 at 12:51 AM.

Old 10-29-2009, 03:24 AM   #6

Hmm...too bad I was kinda thinking about picking up a little .25 auto "just to have one". And helping out a little old lady in the process is just dandy.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:17 AM   #7

I mean I'm sure their aint nothing wrong with the .25 auto...just someone killed themselves with it...if your not a believer in the taboo you can try and contact her.

Me I'd be afraid a ghost would come out every time you pulled the trigger.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:15 AM   #8

Does anyone else have an idea about the shotgun barrels? I might be getting pictures of the boxes and barrels soon too I hope.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:22 PM   #9

Where are you guys located at?

Nut up or Shut up!

Old 10-31-2009, 12:27 AM   #10

She and I are in Alabama.