Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Need some girl advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 03:59 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 663 Times on 366 Posts
Likes Given: 1374

All good advice given here. Have a sense of humor.... never underestimate the power of making her laugh. Be a gentleman in your manners and be a friend to her first... the rest will happen if it happens. I married my best friend and next month we'll be going on 19 years as man & wife. She drives me absolutely crazy sometimes, but there is no one else I would rather have doing that to me.

Be cool and remember you both have all the time in the world.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:16 AM   #12

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Take her with you and show her what gentleman you can be, she will remember it forever!

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 07-28-2012, 04:39 AM   #13

Liked 205 Times on 154 Posts

Just be yourself, it will ether work out or it won't. But if your not yourself she will see right thru you.

Later you will learn when men marry a woman they hope she will never change. Women think they can change them.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:45 AM   #14

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I don't know bro. I tried the gentlemen route when I was young and it never went perfect. There was always something that could have been better.

I agree with the above advice that this girl will not be the one true love of your life and when you are 30, you are going to look back on this concert as a time when "X" went right and about a dozen things went wrong. LOL

You said you have been talking. Have you been putting on a front or have you just been yourself?

If you have been putting on a front, you are NEVER going to be as cool in real life as you pretend on line or on the phone.

If you have been yourself, then don't change! If you don't like a song, or a drink, or garlic fries, then say so. Don't pretend to be someone you aren't.

Don't sell out who you really are, because while this girl seems like the most important thing right now, NONE of us here are with the girl we thought was perfect at 14 or even 18.

If she wants to go to this concert with you, there is a chance she wants to go t be with you. There is also a chance she wants bragging rights at going to the concert to her friends. Never underestimate how petty high school kids of both genders can be.

I guess the best advice I can offer is don't assign any hopes or "what ifs" to the concert and go with the intent to see artists that you like, for reasons you want.

Then if anything positive happens, it's a bonus. If nothing positive happens, you still got to see a really great concert. Right?

Good luck and just be cool.

JD

Old 07-28-2012, 05:18 AM   #15

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

What everyone has said is spot on. And let me tell ya, the Brantley Gilbert concert will awe her and she won't forget that night. I saw him when he was in Oklahoma with Eric church and the girl I took is still talking about the entire night. Go for gold bud! Be yourself and you're golden

Old 07-28-2012, 06:08 AM   #16

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Mark Twain once said, to paraphrase because I don't remember his exact wording, "always tell the truth. It's easier to remember"

It goes the same with personality. Just like everyone else is saying, be yourself. DON'T try to impress her, just be yourself, be a gentleman (that doesn't compromise your personality), and if she's impressed, she'll let you know.

If she's not impressed, you don't need her. If your a douche (for the record, I don't think you are, I think your on the right track to becoming a very respectable man) then she doesn't need you.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #17

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Hope for the best, expect the worst

That way if the night goes as you hope and everything works out,you will feel great and you can plan on future outtings.

And if it doesnt work out or go as you hoped,then you wont be as let down. When you go into something full speed and full of expectations,thats when your heart gets broken and that is NEVER fun. Like whats already been said, just be yourself and everything will fall into place whether its meant to be or not. Like i said though, dont go into this expecting to much, then that way if the night turns out to be great, you will feel like your on top of the world :-)

Good luck buddy, have fun either way

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Last edited by MrWray; 07-28-2012 at 04:14 PM.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:06 AM   #18

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Off the top of my head...
Don't suggest perfume advice.
Don't offer "diet" coke.
I'll be back if I think of more.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:55 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 779 Times on 475 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Enjoy the concert

Old 07-29-2012, 02:57 AM   #20

Liked 1761 Times on 1129 Posts
Likes Given: 903

Good advice from all. At your age, everything is LOVE. Just relax, be a gentleman, and have a good time. If after the show you've left on good terms, give it about 2 days and call her. Invite her somewhere for a day date and lunch. A monster truck show is probably out, unless your hangin' with Gretchen Wilson. Find something in your area you think she would like.
And remember, when on a date, always let her talk. There are reasons for this. You'll figure them out in a few years.

And now, I await the pummeling from the female members for daring to speak the truth.