Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   The Club House (
-   -   need help with value of several guns (

gunnovice09 10-07-2012 10:46 PM

need help with value of several guns
My father in laws cousin is selling his dads collection of guns and im helping him find values. There are 88 different guns. Im gonna look a lot up but need help. Please pm me if you can help me. Thank you ahead of time for your time!

c3shooter 10-07-2012 11:14 PM

Whew! That's a lot!

Couple of ways to do this- first, buy a paperback copy of The Gun Trader's Guide (check Amazon). That will tell you what a gun like that sold for. Last year. Or the year before. Or sometime.

The other way to to sign up on Gunbroker. Once you are a registered member, you can research COMPLETED auctions. Look not at what someone asked for, but the auctions that actually SOLD. And look at pictures, compare condition to the ones in the collection.

The value of ANY gun is based on exact make, model, condition and originality. Change any one of the 4, value changes.

trip286 10-07-2012 11:25 PM

Another basis for value...
What someone is willing to pay (that's where your completed auctions come in).

I was just at a gun show a few hours ago, and saw a beautiful Python, either polished stainless or nickel, I can't tell the difference when the seller won't let me pick it up, and picking it up wasn't on my list of priorities at $3800 bucks. Not when they can be found on rare occasions for as little as $800, and regularly at $1500.

gunnovice09 10-08-2012 03:09 AM

Thanks guys