Need help, PC or Mac? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Need help, PC or Mac?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

The real question no one has directly asked is - what do you, personally, use a computer for? What programs do you use regularly? Does it need to be compatible with work or other users? Then you get into desktop vs laptop and Apple vs PC.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #12

Liked 641 Times on 382 Posts
Likes Given: 2022

Mac's are for noobs.

image-3298766594.jpg

Old 11-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoShooter View Post
Time for a new computer. Have always used a PC but am considering a Mac. Have an I-phone and an I-Pad and really like them. Just want to know if a Mac is worth the extra bucks. Thanks for the help!
The Mac desktop uses hardware that no self-respecting PC builder would use (Foxcon). Safari is the most easily hacked mainstream browser out there, and has been for the last five consecutive years.

And don't buy the no virus BS. Macs can be hacked and they can be infested with malware and trojans. True, the UNIX core is much more secure than Windows, but it is not invulnerable. Even Apple advises users to install anti-virus software.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #14
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2477 Times on 1328 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19 View Post
Mac's are for noobs.

Attachment 126847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
The Mac desktop uses hardware that no self-respecting PC builder would use (Foxcon). Safari is the most easily hacked mainstream browser out there, and has been for the last five consecutive years.

And don't buy the no virus BS. Macs can be hacked and they can be infested with malware and trojans. True, the UNIX core is much more secure than Windows, but it is not invulnerable. Even Apple advises users to install anti-virus software.
The only problem with your suppositions is they are wrong. Out of all the computers in my office, my Mac has caused me fewer problems by far. And that's pretty consistent with the info you find out there in the market.

So many times you find that PC guys look at Macs and complain they are at best just the same, but more often inferior to PC's. Then they talk about how they are just as vulnerable to viruses and other computer problems. And the list of maladies goes on and on. Then you look at the actual user experiences and brand loyalty and number of complaints between the two platforms, then it's a whole different story.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 11-21-2013, 08:48 PM   #15

Liked 53 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have used both and Mac/Apple is the hands down, way to go. I have Apple TV, time capsule, airport express, iPhone, MacBook Pro, iMac and an iPad... The more apple products I acquire, which it took a long while to acquire all of those and some are my wife's anyways, the more I really enjoy the connectivity of all my devices and home audio/video. Yes PC has better stats, but those stats don't mean crap when it stops working 6 months later. When I was a PC guy I had to spend a lot of time cleaning and fixing my PC's. Mac/Apple stats are everything you will need, don't be fooled by the PC stats. You already have proof of the quality by means of your iPhone and iPad, why venture?

Old 11-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
The only problem with your suppositions is they are wrong. Out of all the computers in my office, my Mac has caused me fewer problems by far. And that's pretty consistent with the info you find out there in the market.

So many times you find that PC guys look at Macs and complain they are at best just the same, but more often inferior to PC's. Then they talk about how they are just as vulnerable to viruses and other computer problems. And the list of maladies goes on and on. Then you look at the actual user experiences and brand loyalty and number of complaints between the two platforms, then it's a whole different story.
I didn't say they were just as vulnerable. Apple says you need AV software. You remember Apple, don't you? In fact, didn't I say the UNIX core was more secure than Windows? Are we having a comprehension problem?

Old 11-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #17

Liked 641 Times on 382 Posts
Likes Given: 2022

The general answer I get from my computer programer friends is this, "PC's are better over all". They are the experts, so I'll take their word for it.

Newest Threads