Need help with moral decision - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Need help with moral decision

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 10:28 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I have worn Levis since I was a kid. I will never buy another pair. Wrangler from now on.

Ben & Jerry and their ice cream can go to hell. Maybe they'll enjoy it there.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-08-2009, 10:30 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
My favorite anti: American Alliance for Rights and Responsibilities
Now that's funny, great catch.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-08-2009, 11:50 PM   #23

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Just bear in mind that Ben & Jerry's is no longer the small, quaint, cool, little hippy-dippy company that it used to be. It was purchased by the mega multinational Unilever Group a few years ago (think Hellman's mayo, Wishbone salad dressings, Lipton soups and tea, Ragu, etc.). Messrs. Ben and Jerry may still like to talk the leftist talk but they obviously had no problem being swallowed-up in the thoroughly capitalist takover process to the tune of many millions of $.

So, in this case Unilever is your real target and you may, or may not, want to think about expanding your boycott list

Old 01-08-2009, 11:53 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayettedave View Post
Just bear in mind that Ben & Jerry's is no longer the small, quaint, cool, little hippy-dippy company that it used to be. It was purchased by the mega multinational Unilever Group a few years ago (think Hellman's mayo, Wishbone salad dressings, Lipton soups and tea, Ragu, etc.). Messrs. Ben and Jerry may still like to talk the leftist talk but they obviously had no problem being swallowed-up in the thoroughly capitalist takover process to the tune of many millions of $.

So, in this case Unilever is your real target and you may, or may not, want to think about expanding your boycott list
Best Foods is the only mayo that I'll eat. I don't care where my $2/jar goes, as all else is garbage.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:58 PM   #25

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly68 View Post
Sam Adams? Son of a! OK now I am really angry. I had no idea. Guess it is Budweiser American Ale from now on (unless they are anti...Im gonna check)
...oh yeah, and remember that Anheuser-Busch is no longer American owned. Its purchase by Belgian giant InBev was final this summer.

Damn! Things are so complicated these days!

Old 01-09-2009, 12:00 AM   #26

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Best Foods is the only mayo that I'll eat. I don't care where my $2/jar goes, as all else is garbage.
Best Foods is Unilever too.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:01 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayettedave View Post
...oh yeah, and remember that Anheuser-Busch is no longer American owned. Its purchase by Belgian giant InBev was final this summer.

Damn! Things are so complicated these days!
Belgium is a gun friendly country after what they went through in WWII.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:17 AM   #28

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

I thought Unilever was on the anti-vivisectionist list. They carve up animals for testing.

So Mssrs Benjamin and Gerald support the killing of small animals?

How does that fit into the scheme of their proud proclamation of hormone free dairy products and world peace?

I'm seriously pi$$ed about this.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:44 AM   #29

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I have worn Levis since I was a kid. I will never buy another pair. Wrangler from now on.

Ben & Jerry and their ice cream can go to hell. Maybe they'll enjoy it there.
all i was allowed to get when i was a kid was wranglers and rustlers. but i hated rustlers so it was only wranglers in my dresser. when i got a job i started buying my own clothes and wrangler was not on the list and it was jnco's and dickies. but i went into a store in the local mall and went looking for some good pair of work type cargo pants and ended up comin out with some wrangler ruffs for 60 bucks. never knew they could be that much, but they are just as good as mu dickies made of the same fabric.

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 01-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #30
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Screw B&J. Get Star Spangled Ice Cream instead. Flavor list:
Fightin' Marine Tough Cookies & Cream
Air Force "Plane" Vanilla
G.I. Love Chocolate
Navy Battlechip
Iraqi Road