Need free supply of newspaper for bullet testing
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Need free supply of newspaper for bullet testing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 06:03 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Need free supply of newspaper for bullet testing

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know some smart aleck will come along and say about how wet newspaper or phonebooks don't show you anything...buy me some ballistic gel and I'll use that. Until that person with deep pockets comes along, does anyone know where I could find a source for free newpaper. I want to test several bullets so I'll need enough for 6-8 different bullets, 3 shots each. If anyone is interested in the results I can post them but right now I need to find the media.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-16-2009, 06:12 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1444 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Does your town recycle? Every Tuesday we have our recyclables picked up on the curb.

When I walk the dogs on Monday night I could collect a ton of newspaper for the deed!

If you want to drive the 800+ miles South to pick it up, I'd be glad to collect all the newspaper you want spit! Need free supply of newspaper for bullet testing - The Club House

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 10-16-2009, 06:21 PM   #3

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Don't use paper your killing more trees and it is not reusable.

Try The bullet Test Tube.

The upfront cost is not all that bed but it about $85 of one. But HEY you can REUSE it all you want.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:38 PM   #4

At my local post office they have a dumpster specifically for old phone books. You can pick up tons (literally) of phone books about 6 times a year. And when you're done just return them to be recycled.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:00 PM   #5

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

If you have any hotels (higer end like Marriot or Hilton and such) in your area, stop in and talk to one of the bellhops. Offer a couple of bucks if he can get you some newspapers. (they give them to the guests daily) They may even have some free papers in the lobby for anyone to take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 10-16-2009, 07:59 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Does your town recycle? Every Tuesday we have our recyclables picked up on the curb.

When I walk the dogs on Monday night I could collect a ton of newspaper for the deed!

If you want to drive the 800+ miles South to pick it up, I'd be glad to collect all the newspaper you want spit! Need free supply of newspaper for bullet testing - The Club House
I don't see that road trip in my future, although I would enjoy meeting you. Never been that far south in FL but what I've seen doesn't make me want to go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Don't use paper your killing more trees and it is not reusable.

Try The bullet Test Tube.

The upfront cost is not all that bed but it about $85 of one. But HEY you can REUSE it all you want.
You a tree hugger?? Isn't using newpaper for test media a form of recycling? I'd recycle the paper after I'm finished.....
I'm very interested in the product you posted though...adding it to my Christmas list.
Thanks Tango.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:15 AM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Damn, I had 8 months worth of newspapers lying in my bedroom until walking around the precariously tottering piles got too much & I finally dumped them

You coulda had em all, spittinfire...but the postage would have been a killer lol

Old 10-19-2009, 08:52 AM   #8
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Spit,
Where I live there is a free want ad papper that they put out every week. I hit them up and got all that I needed of last weeks papper for the same use, still strapped in 5 pound bundles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:45 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

There should be a free source around here somewhere. maybe I can call local papers or printing companies and get their left over rolls or missprints.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:21 AM   #10

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

I am telling you all...walk in to a mid-to-high-end hotel in the am, and there are papers there for the taking. You don't have to be in a suit, as many companies use the same hotel deals for 'blue collar training' as 'white collar party'. As long as you don't look homless....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!